As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Honest" Ben Carson vs. Donald "The Donald" Trump

1535455565759»

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Fuck that, those are hospitals not churches. Either they should be doing that or get out of the hospital business.
    At least they're doing something to help others instead of making smarmy youtube videos about "sheeple". You want abortions, go to Planned Parenthood.

Sorry, but no. We need to say that if they run a hospital, they run it like every other hospital, and leave their beliefs at the door. And if they don't like that, well...that's what divestment's for.

By the way, reproductive health is a lot more than abortions - many Catholic facilities will refuse to perform vasectomies, tubal ligations, or provide contraception.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Let's not talk anymore about abortions unless Carson mentions it. Because this is not going to end well.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    so, because you thought about it for like two seconds and none came to mind, that was enough for you?
    Explicitly atheist, like "hey we're atheist" so as to be a direct contrast to a Catholic charity. The Humane Society is non-religious but it isn't fully staffed with atheists.

I'm an atheist who volunteers at Catholic Charities. So....

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Official Statement from Dr.Ben Carson:

Today, I am asking Congress to stop the Obama Administration’s plans to bring in up to 45,000 Syrian refugees. There is currently no ability to vet these people. By letting refugees into our country without vetting we are putting America at risk. If our President cannot see the risk, then we must rise to the challenge and protect our country. This morning President Obama announced at his press conference that it was our responsibility to accept these refugees. He is wrong. He took an oath to protect and defend this country. There is simply not a way to vet these refugees.

We should do everything in our power to help these men, women, and children who have been forced to flee their country, but until we can sort out the bad guys, we must not be foolish. I call for increased aid to the refugees. We can and should do more to feed the hungry and shelter the homeless. We must also protect them from being attacked by implementing immediately no fly zone over these camps.

President Obama said this morning that it would be a mistake to send more ground troops. I think plenty of mistakes have already been made. As President, I would give the mission to the Pentagon, and ask them what they need to accomplish the mission. The right number of boots on the ground is whatever number the Pentagon says they need to accomplish that mission and not a single person less. The error of armchair quarterbacking our military will end in my administration. They will get the support they need and nothing less. Both the FBI and former Intelligence Committee Chairman, Mike Rogers, have indicated that it is not possible to fully vet these refugees as there is no Syrian list to vet against. Allowing these refugees to enter our country without knowing who they are is foolish. I am talking to many experts as I can, and I have yet to find one who thinks that the Obama Syrian/ISIL strategy is anything but a failure. The only thing that President Obama seems to have contained is this foolish policy inside his government.

We need to offer more than empty tough talk. We need to say what we mean, and most importantly mean what we say. When we draw a line in the sand or boundary in the air, the world needs to understand that we mean it. Too many people across the world today think that we don’t.

Whelp.

It'll be interesting to see if oneupmanship happens here to out 'fuck ISIS' each other, or if not wanting to start the third war in Iraq will manage to hold.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON IN HERE

IT SURE ISN'T ON TOPIC DISCUSSION HEY LET'S MAYBE FIX THAT

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    There's already a third war in Iraq, though. The question is just how engaged we want to be.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    There's already a third war in Iraq, though. The question is just how engaged we want to be.

Well, third US war in Iraq. Right now it is kind of like the Iran-Iraq war with the Syrian civil war spilling over places, though with US air strikes. But Carson put the threat of boots on the ground on the table. Will Trump ante in? Will the more 'serious' candidates? We already know Cruz is apparently okay with bombing orphanages, but does he want to send in the Marines?

moniker on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Except that not all of those changes are good. Catholic charities and hospitals are notorious for allowing dogma to drive services, and crying "freedom of religion" when the state steps in.
    The only non-religious charity I know of is Food Not Bombs. And there are no Hitchens Memorial Hospitals. If atheists don't like what's currently being provided by people who are trying to help, they should run their own charities. It'd certainly fight the "atheists are terrible people" argument.

Here's one that's, as far as I know, pretty non-religious.

Now you know of two!

You're welcome.

That sorted out, it is going to be fascinating how things play out with Trump sniping at Carson.

Is the next GOP debate seriously December 15th? I mean, I know they're drowning in debates, but somehow I didn't expect it to be nearly a month away. On the up side, we'll have some more accurate polling numbers to compare Trumpmentum and ... whatever Ben Carson has with.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    SyphonBlue was warned for this.
    Fuck that, those are hospitals not churches. Either they should be doing that or get out of the hospital business.
    At least they're doing something to help others instead of making smarmy youtube videos about "sheeple". You want abortions, go to Planned Parenthood.

Oh fuck off, dude.

http://www.oregonlive.com/faith/2015/11/religious_kids_are_harsher_and.html

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/atheists-generous-religious-helping-study-article-1.1072386

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.