As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    If you're planning on crafting some tenebrous weapons from the guild hall (http://dulfy.net/2015/11/08/gw2-hot-weapons-armor-and-backpieces-guide/#Tenebrous_Weapons) you'll likely need tenebrous crystals which can now be mined from the ore synthesizer in the guild hall.

You can only hit the node once (3 swings) per day per account and the crystals are account bound.

I've only ever gotten 1 crystal each day but there are people saying you can get bunches of 10.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    If you're planning on crafting some tenebrous weapons from the guild hall (http://dulfy.net/2015/11/08/gw2-hot-weapons-armor-and-backpieces-guide/#Tenebrous_Weapons) you'll likely need tenebrous crystals which can now be mined from the ore synthesizer in the guild hall.

You can only hit the node once (3 swings) per day per account and the crystals are account bound.

I've only ever gotten 1 crystal each day but there are people saying you can get bunches of 10.

I got a bunch of 10 yesterday, but I did have a gathering buff on.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    guild missions went pretty much perfect! Thanks guys!

We did a hold then capture due to a late button press. but good news it counted. the hold portion got a bit harrowing.....

Easy missions with all rewards working! A good week!

If you have spare siege (or wvw tokens to convert to siege) please consider donating to the gbank!

regular WvW will be wednesday as planned too!

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    WvW guild missions were fun. I was mostly excited because I think that is the most fighting I've been a part of on the new map. I've also learned that I am not set-up very well for WvW. Maybe I should not use my same PvE build, maybe I should get better gear. Maybe I should have just not forgot to use my stupid stun.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Patch is patching

Some highlights:

Special Action Skill
    A new skill button has been added that can appear above the skill bar during certain context-specific phases of encounters (initially raids). When the button appears, the skill displayed for use will be driven by the encounter. Players can keybind this skill under Options > Control Options > Skills.

Players will now earn personal rewards on guild rushes as soon as they cross the finish line.

Players will now earn personal rewards on guild treks as soon as they interact with the trek icons.

Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving map-completion rewards after having achieved world completion. Players will receive missed map-completion rewards either when their character enters the world or the next time they enter the unrewarded map.

Shimmering blotting powder no longer requires resonating fragments to craft.

Luminous blotting powder no longer requires resonating cores to craft.

Fixed a bug that caused the Ley-Energy Matter Converter’s unlocked tabs to relock every day. They now unlock permanently, but the unlock will have to be purchased again.

All tiers of scribe-crafted paper are no longer account bound.

steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I'll be watching for raid info...

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It was weird seeing all those failed map completion boxes suddenly show up. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Can confirm that map completion is fixed, as are some of the broken Legendary Collections.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Sounds like a metric ton of fixes. or we just left beta.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    More like "We just entered the second Squad UI beta." :D Hopefully, it won't cause crazy crashes and prevent people from relogging in, like the last one.

I'm a little past halfway in getting my Dorito. :D Should be downhill from here.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Okay so like

I am in fact 99% sure that since I already have 200 gold, it will be easier for me to get another 300 and put in a buy order for The Hunter than it will be for me to do this Legendary Collection

Ah well /SHRUG

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    More like "We just entered the second Squad UI beta." :D Hopefully, it won't cause crazy crashes and prevent people from relogging in, like the last one.

I'm a little past halfway in getting my Dorito. :D Should be downhill from here.

ha!
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    WvW guild missions were fun. I was mostly excited because I think that is the most fighting I've been a part of on the new map. I've also learned that I am not set-up very well for WvW. Maybe I should not use my same PvE build, maybe I should get better gear. Maybe I should have just not forgot to use my stupid stun.

i would say whats more important is proper skills..... but we can talk about it one day. be on wednesday for the wuvs....

with that said if I do try for the crafting, I'll need to do a fuckton more WvWvW

@mojojoeo hey what's good, what do y'all need in the current comp. I can bring a BE HEALED elementalist, a... uh, Scrapper, in general (but dat sneak gyro tho :O and area swiftness!), various flavors of Necro (minion master, wellomancer, YELLING A LOT REAPER)

don't have chrono yet on the Mesmer :( alas. and my warrior... exists. How did I get to the point that Warrior is my worst class? There's not enough buttons to push. I am lost.

edited November 2015
    I won't speak for Mojo, but my guess is that it is more important to be in the Wuv then what you bring to the Wuv.

And from the patch notes: Moved the tower waypoints into the keeps.

That's good, right?

Tulabelle on
    Stuff we don't have to be only one step more serious. (i refuse to be anymore serious than this.)

2 Necros running heavy damage wells.
    an Ele or 2 for water/ dps/ holds.

What we don't have in the larger groups is a big DPS bomb and a splash recovery.

If we coordinate only that much further we should be able to wipe same size semi-organized groups pretty well.

tower way points to keeps is okay.... but do they still come for free and automatically? that's the bigger issue....

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, new weapon skins (Plasma) are out.

Dulfy showing off Plasma weapons

Really hoping they don't shoot to the hundreds of gold in price. I like a few of these.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    guild missions went pretty much perfect! Thanks guys!

We did a hold then capture due to a late button press. but good news it counted. the hold portion got a bit harrowing.....

Easy missions with all rewards working! A good week!

If you have spare siege (or wvw tokens to convert to siege) please consider donating to the gbank!

regular WvW will be wednesday as planned too!

Last night's WvW missions were the most fun I've had at guild missions in years! Capture and hold a keep with a dozen people was an awesome challenge and super fun to try to pull off. Also, robots and dinosaurs. :)

• Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Who is the local TP baron?

Hello my friend, stay awhile, and listen.

• Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    Anyone got a link to some good raid info? I wants to be knowledges.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So they changed the tower waypoints in the new BL to be at the keeps. Does anyone know if they get them at tier zero like before? And if the server at north spawn captures that keep, do they get to use the WP or not?

Yougottawanna on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, is there a cap or something with regards to earning fractal relics per day?

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    They're available at t0, and home server does not get access to them.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    I want to thank Sharkey and Foefaller for the fractal runs yesterday. I'm slowly getting better at this stuff, just need to know what the hell I'm doing. :p

I'm two points away from completing the pack commander mastery stuff. I think I'll just farm silver wastes for the two legendary mobs there that I haven't killed yet (so 3 mastery points). Any suggestions on the next one I should focus on for Tyria. (2 lvls in fractals and 1 in legendary crafting). I still feel like they didn't quite tune Tyrai mastery right. Seems likes we should be getting another easy 3-5 points before falling into the whole, "what is there to do that will get me a mastery point."

edited November 2015

Things are so super new that we don't HAVE a lot of good info yet.

Things that are Known so far:

> You will need condi to hurt one of the phases of the first boss at all
    > You will need hard CC to break the breakbar of one of the later bosses, because if you don't he will insta-kill you
    > You will need Gliding 2
    > Timing and coordination are important
    > Quickness is SUPER important, I imagine Alacrity will be good too.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Anyone had any sudden performance dips? It's weird, but in the last 2 days, my client feels jankier than it should. It used to be flawlessly smooth even racing through 100 characters, but now it feels clunkier and sluggish. It doesn't tear, but it feels like it will. I'm not explaining this very well, but it's super specific and strange. I haven't changed anything on my PC, so I wonder if something changed on my settings. Game's always run perfectly maxed out.

Edit: nm, rebooted once more, and it's back to baby smooth.

I got nothin.

Straygatsby on
    Anyone had any sudden performance dips? It's weird, but in the last 2 days, my client feels jankier than it should. It used to be flawlessly smooth even racing through 100 characters, but now it feels clunkier and sluggish. It doesn't tear, but it feels like it will. I'm not explaining this very well, but it's super specific and strange. I haven't changed anything on my PC, so I wonder if something changed on my settings. Game's always run perfectly maxed out.

Edit: nm, rebooted once more, and it's back to baby smooth.

I got nothin.
    When Windows is downloading an update in the background, everything goes to hell on my machine, sometimes long after the update is completed. :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3t7ryn/spoilers_raid_vale_guardian_tips/

n1woEHJ.png
    Two things for raids, you NEED a voice chat program, guild uses teamspeak but you're going to need one if you plan on raiding.

number two: WE NEED MORE CONDI BUILDS. Like, all the condis. All of them.

n1woEHJ.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Two things for raids, you NEED a voice chat program, guild uses teamspeak but you're going to need one if you plan on raiding.

number two: WE NEED MORE CONDI BUILDS. Like, all the condis. All of them.

I have a sinister engineer, no viper yet, and a necro with carrion/rabid(sinister).

I can't be on at prime time though.

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    My viper engineer's ready to go :D

I suppose I could go condi on my Rev. I just have a hodge-podge of exotic equipment now, so I would have to focus on getting good gear. I have 0 ascended items on any of my characters.

edited November 2015
    Okay so like

I am in fact 99% sure that since I already have 200 gold, it will be easier for me to get another 300 and put in a buy order for The Hunter than it will be for me to do this Legendary Collection

Ah well /SHRUG

I remember reading a recent forum post that stated that the only Engi-specific effects that have unique Pred effects nowadays are the AA and down state skills; numerous fixes on many of the other skills that once had Predator effects had inadvertently removed said effects.

So, unless you're literally at the point where the Hunter is all that you have left to get, you might want to save your gold and mats for something else.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2015
    CorriganX wrote: »

Something people should know about that:
    As many in our player community are aware, we invited the guild Death and Taxes [DnT] to our raids testing program a month ago and gave them unlimited access to the three raid wings currently under development. Upon public release of our first raid wing today, DnT decided to go against the spirit of our relationship by promoting the speed with which they completed the raid wing without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access. In taking that approach, DnT showed that they do not fully respect everyone in our community, and that is something that we take extremely seriously. As a result, we have decided to remove DnT from our testing program. We want to thank them for their involvement.
    Moving forward, ArenaNet continues to be excited about the possibility of collaborating with guilds in the spirit of creating great raids and fostering a positive relationship with our community. We’ll be watching as other groups attempt to defeat the raid with the goal of identifying additional likely test candidates.

DnT had a head start on everyone in learning the raid.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Okay so like

Ah well /SHRUG

I remember reading a recent forum post that stated that the only Engi-specific effects that have unique Pred effects nowadays are the AA and down state skills; numerous fixes on many of the other skills that once had Predator effects had inadvertently removed said effects.

So, unless you're literally at the point where the Hunter is all that you have left to get, you might want to save your gold and mats for something else.

i am literally at that point tho

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    That seems kind of harsh on DnT, the reddit post I saw they acknowledged that they had a head start due to beta testing.

edited November 2015
    That seems kind of harsh on DnT, the reddit post I saw they acknowledged that they had a head start due to beta testing.

True, but pretty much every non-reddit place they announced it, they don't mention that part.

Plus they're still claiming world first even though they've been playing it for weeks before anyone else, which while objectively true, is kinda douche-y.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Nobody really cares that they're claiming world first.

It's more that Nike was all 'lol 15 minutes speed clear #raidisreallyfuckingeasyyo'.

ANet has just spent countless hours attempting to design a very challenging piece of content only for the people trusted to test it for a month(s) to come out and suggest that it is trivially easy.

Cobalt60 on
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

No I'm pretty sure they got exactly what they deserved.

22.jpg

If anything ANet were too easy on the geese.

naengwen on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Anet's response was right on the money. Pretty classy too.

This discussion has been closed.