As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2016 date?

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    dates are only 1 refresh page away,heck it could be up right now as i type this (Goes and refreshes real quick) DAMN not yet...

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    The funny thing is that we're doing a prediction game on the PAX Reddit. Not sure if there's a huge overlap among people here and on the Reddit.

95% of people predicted a date for November. I would find it absolutely hilarious if we're all wrong and tickets go on sale in December. Haha.

• Options
    december would actually be better because its getting close to black friday and every penny counts on that day and on cyber monday.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    They have typically always made changes to the PAX East site showing the dates and replaced "SOLD OUT" with "SOON" to the badge availability. Once you see those changes, thickets are just around the corner. The first step is always PAX Aus finishing, which just happened.

Given that PAX East 2016 will be a few weeks later than PAX East 2015, it would be safe to assume that those weeks will also correlate to a later ticket sales date.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ^The thing is, a couple of years back when PAX East was in April, tickets went on sale the previous October.

• Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    ^The thing is, a couple of years back when PAX East was in April, tickets went on sale the previous October.

Consistency is key. .. oh wait.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Given that PAX East 2016 will be a few weeks later than PAX East 2015, it would be safe to assume that those weeks will also correlate to a later ticket sales date.

Like Canderson said, this sounds good on paper but if you look at the dates tickets have gone on sale versus when the events were, this actually isn't the case at all. Rarely is there a correlation between the event being later to when the tickets sold. All we can say for certain right now is that this is the latest tickets have ever gone on sale for Pax East. Which is completely annoying.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    All we can say for certain right now is that this is the latest tickets have ever gone on sale for Pax East. Which is completely annoying.
    In their defense, they do have PAX South now, so that'll throw additional kinks into the mix

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    nernerrynnnernerrynn Queen of Buttskirts PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    If tickets do go on sale the week of Black Friday, I'm fully expecting a price reduction. 8-)

At least... one can dream, right? ;_;

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Completely unrelated to PAX East but still pretty funny

PAX West.. PAX.... WEST????

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Again with the heart stopping tweet from @official_pax.

To retweet that above NOA tweet with "Finally comes out tonight!"

Why .. WHY do you do this to us .... :(

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    LMAO, I was just about to bring it up. My heart can't take this anymore.

• Options
    Im more annoyed that they called it PAX West

Who did they hire for their Twitter? Why?

• Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I was driving when I got the notification. Was about to pull over if tickets were on sale.

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    Good thing I didn't expect tickets today

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Khoo seemed to acknowledge that he knows we are waiting..."a little off our Playdate schedule." I'm not trying to stress about it, the tickets will come when they come, I have done what I can to be prepared...and all I have is time.

• Options
    I want to say later this week, based off of that tweet
    Im gonna be on full attention this week

• Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I just want the tickets to be out. Its so hard trying to be sneaky and checking my phone/computer while Im at work on the hours / half hours, and trying to NOT be in meetings during those hours is NOT easy to do! I honestly hope it is next monday/tuesday (but I doubt it) because like half the people in my office are taking the week off, including my boss. I could relax a bit with scheduling my day.

• Options
    I think they are actually changing it's name to PAX West.... what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwavZpofaO8

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I wish it was today. Atleast I would have been at work and around many computers. Tomorrow, I have the day off and its errands day. I can see myself freaking out in the middle of the grocery store trying to frantically get to the site for tickets/hotel, hehe.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I beat the Mario Maker stage on my first try, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME UP THERE!

But anyways... hopefully badges go up tomorrow, as it's pay day, and that would be killer.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    If it is tomorrow, I'd love a 3pm eastern, bc I'm booked solid 10:30-2 :/

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    what time of day have they usually gone on sale?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Khoo seemed to acknowledge that he knows we are waiting..."a little off our Playdate schedule." I'm not trying to stress about it, the tickets will come when they come, I have done what I can to be prepared...and all I have is time.
    Playdate schedule is actually referring to the PA web series, play date.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    what time of day have they usually gone on sale?

Between 9 AM and noon, traditionally, PACIFIC time. So between noon and 3 PM Eastern.

Which isn't to say they couldn't go on sale earlier or later than that...they could.

• Options
    tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    If they could just not go on sale Monday when I have an exam, that would be glorious.

• Options
    bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    If they could just not go on sale Monday when I have an exam, that would be glorious.

If I was your proff, I'm sure we could find a way for you not to miss out. But, alas, I am not your proff, and you are not my student.

And it's much easier to say things like that on an anonymous forum where I know the department head isn't reading.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular

zerzhul wrote: »
    Playdate schedule is actually referring to the PA web series, play date.

Ah, I guess I will use my time to check out that web series.

• Options
    bandersnee wrote: »

If I was your proff, I'm sure we could find a way for you not to miss out. But, alas, I am not your proff, and you are not my student.

And it's much easier to say things like that on an anonymous forum where I know the department head isn't reading.

The class is from 1:50-2:45, so it's after the 12 time and before the potential 3 time. But still, too close for comfort xD

• Options

The class is from 1:50-2:45, so it's after the 12 time and before the potential 3 time. But still, too close for comfort xD

Given next week is Thanksgiving...I'd be surprised if we see them that week. I suspect either this week, or the week after. But we'll see.

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »

Given next week is Thanksgiving...I'd be surprised if we see them that week. I suspect either this week, or the week after. But we'll see.

It's honestly proving difficult to really predict. Since they haven't officially announced the dates on the PAX East website itself, it's hard to say when the tickets themselves will go on sale. And I'm speaking in terms of official announcement, not find a website that has the dates set aside for hotel bookings and event planning. We can all assume it's likely going to be April 22-24, but I'm not booking any vacation and booking any flights until i see that on their website.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    pilferk wrote: »

It's honestly proving difficult to really predict. Since they haven't officially announced the dates on the PAX East website itself, it's hard to say when the tickets themselves will go on sale. And I'm speaking in terms of official announcement, not find a website that has the dates set aside for hotel bookings and event planning. We can all assume it's likely going to be April 22-24, but I'm not booking any vacation and booking any flights until i see that on their website.

It's definitely challenging. My only basis for assumption of "not next week" is that there are traditionally issues after on sale...and I don't think PA would want to force people to sort them out around the holiday.

Given the site went kerplooie last year, when tickets went up (and I think they said it was from the constant page refreshing?)...I'm not sure if they'll update BEFORE the tickets go up. We'll see.

I'm lucky in that it's a 2 hour drive north for me, so no need to book planes, trains, or the like. And I don't have to put in for vacation THAT far in advance. Even having said that, I'd bet money the dates mentioned end up being the dates they go with. Esp given the exhibitors have been notified and are booking rooms as we speak.

pilferk on
  • Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    [/quote]

It's honestly proving difficult to really predict. Since they haven't officially announced the dates on the PAX East website itself, it's hard to say when the tickets themselves will go on sale. And I'm speaking in terms of official announcement, not find a website that has the dates set aside for hotel bookings and event planning. We can all assume it's likely going to be April 22-24, but I'm not booking any vacation and booking any flights until i see that on their website.[/quote]

Agreed, I'm in the same predicament. I don't want to book anything until there's OFFICIAL date announcements. I know which hotel we want to stay at, but I need to make sure that it's going to be a partnered hotel again so that shuttles are provided. I know you can cancel reservations, but still. This is going to be my honeymoon so I hate not having anything planned yet =/

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »

It's honestly proving difficult to really predict. Since they haven't officially announced the dates on the PAX East website itself, it's hard to say when the tickets themselves will go on sale. And I'm speaking in terms of official announcement, not find a website that has the dates set aside for hotel bookings and event planning. We can all assume it's likely going to be April 22-24, but I'm not booking any vacation and booking any flights until i see that on their website.[/quote]

Agreed, I'm in the same predicament. I don't want to book anything until there's OFFICIAL date announcements. I know which hotel we want to stay at, but I need to make sure that it's going to be a partnered hotel again so that shuttles are provided. I know you can cancel reservations, but still. This is going to be my honeymoon so I hate not having anything planned yet =/
    [/quote]

Nice, congratulations!

Our group is going to be split into 2 it's looking like and we're waiting for the tickets to announce so we can proceed with the hotel bookings through the partnered hotels with on peak. We already have a location we want to stay at (we were there this year) and it worked out really well for us.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

You know what your problem is? You're trying to speak sensibly to me while I'm doing the electronic equivalent of divination of chicken entrails in order to discern a date. It's hard to reason with madness. :)

bandersnee on
  • Options
    I think itll be soon but Im scared its about to happen

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    "Ok, here we go...today is the day. It's going to be noon....Oh Boy! 5...4...3..2..1. F5"

3a0.gif

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
  • Options
    That video is so accurate it's not even funny xD

• Options
    on salew go go go gog o g

This discussion has been closed.