As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2016 [registration] live!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited November 2015 in PAX East
Another PAX is on the horizon, bobcats await!

https://www.showclix.com/event/p783245402/

credit card transaction issues with badge purchasing on showclix: email support@showclix.com
any and all other issues with badges, email pax_questions@paxsite.com

zerzhul on

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Where is the hotel registration link?

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    3-days already sold out

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Holy carp... this year's service for the tickets is exceptional! That was a quick process.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Where is the hotel registration link?

http://bit.ly/E16Hotels

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    Managed to get two 3-Day passes for me and my boyfriend! I was in class and saw the text and about had a heart attack.

• darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    Was in queue 10 seconds after the tweet.

3-day tickets sold out by the time I got out of the queue. What's the point of 3 day tickets?

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
    darren66 wrote: »
    Was in queue 10 seconds after the tweet.

3-day tickets sold out by the time I got out of the queue. What's the point of 3 day tickets?
    #1: It saves you money ($50 this year)
    #2: It's easier than having 3 single-day passes
    #3: It's kind of a collector's item

They sell out too quickly these days to try and get one, but no harm. I still get to go. WOO!

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    got 4, 3 Day passes and a room at the SeaPort! OMG so happy right now

• iltailta Registered User regular
    I JUMPED on that tweet and managed to get my 3-days. Now here's hoping I'm lucky with the hotel again.

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The text came in at the same exact time my company sent their test text for their emergency notification system. Completely freaked out and forgot to queue for hotels. At least I got single passes for all 3 days :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Kind of frustrated because I was waiting... waiting... then when I refreshed the order screen popped up. Got two sets of each day though.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Jumped in the queue ten minutes ago. Still in the queue now. I guess we'll see if I get in or not.

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yes. 2nd year I managed 2 3day passes. My hands are still shaking. Hehe.

And yes the process went very smooth. Was on mobile too. Thankfully in a high service area.

Congrats to those who get tix.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Got my two 3 days for my wife and I, and our usual room at the Seaport. Booking was a little weird for the Seaport this year...only a bed request. Usually they let you lock in a king sized bed. This time, just a request.

• DaPunisher416DaPunisher416 Registered User new member
    What were there...like four 3-day passes available? lol. A huge load off my shoulders to get at least Fri and Sat. Now I can sleep for my 3rd shift job tonight.

• PainePaine Registered User regular
    Seems like 3-days are even more scarce this year, this will be the first ever PAX East that I don't have a 3-day pass to. Decided to buy just Sat and Sun and not take Friday off from work this year.

6nOrszL.png
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    The text came in at the same exact time my company sent their test text for their emergency notification system. Completely freaked out and forgot to queue for hotels. At least I got single passes for all 3 days :)

I was sitting with my boss, going over some reporting stuff, and my phone went ballistic. Said "Sorry..gotta handle this", explained as I was typing, and she was laughing her tail off. Good to have nice people "above" you!

• EradiKateEradiKate Registered User regular
    Fri/Sat badges get. This year, no worrying about hotels or plane tickets--not now that I live in Quincy.

PAX East Attendee. Professional Tabletop Gamer. Donut Enthusiast.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There was a post at one point where Robert described how the data showed at east and prime the full weekend passes were not used to their fullest extent, and so emphasis on them is decreased. I would not be surprised if this is the last year we have them.

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I always have a killer adrenaline rush after. I'm not going to be able to function at work for another half hour at least @_@

• _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Got my 3 day passes but couldn't book a room at the Seaport :(

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I got the text while using the restroom at the office- got on the queue with my cell, then hauled ass back to my desk.

Got myself and my friends out full set of 4x weekend passes and a room at the Renaissance. We're golden!

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I was on lunch, and missed the tweet, but I had just set up Twitter on my boyfriends phone last week, so he saw it, and we got three sets of single days. So very excited!

willowtastic on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    In and out baby, WE'RE GOING TO PAX!

• WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    For the first year in all the PAX Easts I missed out on 3-days because of a meeting D:

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »
    I always have a killer adrenaline rush after. I'm not going to be able to function at work for another half hour at least @_@

Exactly this is my current situation.

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    DAMMIT! i was in the middle of a long call at work and I couldn't get anything. In queue for singles now.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • CorleyCorley Registered User regular
    Any word on when BYOC badges will go on sale?

Thanks

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    _jnup wrote: »
    Got my 3 day passes but couldn't book a room at the Seaport :(

Just keep checking Onpeak until early April when they lock the changes. Hotels have a lot of churn, I was able to eventually get the Seaport last minute last year.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • zoidbergzoidberg Registered User regular
    Bummer, I got the tweet text, got in the queue 6 minutes later. Apparently 6 minutes too late to GET A 3 DAY PASS. Seems like a lot of people had some inside information beforehand. Thankfully I got friday and saturday, which are the two full days.

• koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Man the timing couldn't have been any better for me got it right as I was about to drive away from work. Managed to get a three day for the 4th year in a row.

• PidermansVestPidermansVest Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Got tix, aaaaand rejected queue number from onPeak (thanks guis). Can't get a room now. Ugh.

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Bummer, I got the tweet text, got in the queue 6 minutes later. Apparently 6 minutes too late to GET A 3 DAY PASS. Seems like a lot of people had some inside information beforehand. Thankfully I got friday and saturday, which are the two full days.

Naw, they don't make a lot of 3 day passes, and it sounds odd, but those 6 minutes are HUGE.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    What is this single pass pleb tier. I do not know these ways.

0CsmwYt.jpg
  • zoidbergzoidberg Registered User regular
    Naw, they don't make a lot of 3 day passes, and it sounds odd, but those 6 minutes are HUGE.
    True that, at least I got friday and saturday!

edited November 2015
    Does anyone have the customer service details? I (and a coworker of mine) was only given three options for shipping - two international and one for US that was $9 and
    expedited which I did not need. Well, my friend just checked out and got a free shipping option so now I need to contact them.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw my receipt. "All orders that include 5 or more tickets must select Expedited Shipping. Badges do not mail until approximately 2 weeks prior to the event."

That is some BS.

Wolfiee on
    0CsmwYt.jpg
  • darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I scored a 3 day pass but could only get the intercontinental. I will definitely be on the lookout for something closer

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    3 day is gotten! Now to paranoidly wait for pokecrawl news.

5I7JEDi.png
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I is returning to PaxEast ..... got passes ... meh on hotel but will make it work ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!