As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Be Thankful For Webcomics

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Their Story is a webcomic that can be found here (sometimes NSFW)

tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo4_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny0z65l0Dx1tjyeywo10_1280.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    too bad

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    SHOT DOWN

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Don't know where I remember it from, but one explanation was the
    cB557 wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    av9p2a955icj.jpg

You wanna see something interesting, ask colorblind people what colors they see with their type of colorblindness. My dad is particularly horrible with colors. I can't differentiate between shades of dark blue and purple. My brother I think has problems with green and grey. More than one we'd be arguing about what color a thing was until my mother made the final judgement and we learned how close, or far, we were.

http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge
    Oh wow. I did terrible.

I don't know how informative that is hough without having a calibrated screen.

How'd you score cB? I got an 8, which is it says is pretty good.
    xeiw896myg22.png

But yeah, I can easily see how a mis-calibrated screen could throw some oddness at you on a test like this.

I got a 19 :x

I got an 8 too. But my mistakes were more on the left side of the spectrum. Decorating job here i come.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    evillaughter.flv

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    She could be super embarassed, she could be upset because she views their friendship up to this point as 'means to an end', or she could just not be into ladies!

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    She could be super embarassed, she could be upset because she views their friendship up to this point as 'means to an end', or she could just not be into ladies!

Or she could be realizing her feelings and be a little freaked out and needs time to think it out.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    noooooo (but not unexpected.)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh god I got a 74 on the color test

I feel like this makes my life a lie somehow

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    This is why you should never act on any of your feelings. Webcomics will never let you down.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i hate happiness so i hope no one in that comic is ever happy!!!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Me too, but extend that hope to the rest of the world

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Good on Sun Jing for leaving no doubt about what she meant at least.

I think Qiu Tong's already had too many moments of realizing they were flirting for this to actually be a total shock, but this is the first time it's gone from flirting into actually being said outright.

And she would actually worry about what are other people going to think etc etc, whereas Sun Jing is just not wired that way.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I'm feeling like this strip might have had the most nuance lost in the translation.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    The Sauce wrote: »
    I'm feeling like this strip might have had the most nuance lost in the translation.

The "I'm pursuing you" seems like clunky translation.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i got a 4 on the color test

i'm happy with that

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

Me too, but extend that hope to the rest of the world

Happiness is a myth, perpetuated by the webcomics illuminati.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The Sauce wrote: »

The "I'm pursuing you" seems like clunky translation.
    Yeah. And I'm not sure whatever translates to "I'm not here to be friends with you" is intended in the mean way that reads (just sticking a "just" in there basically fixes it).

So, expected reaction happens; really nothing else could have happened or this would have been a pretty short strip. And I really don't think she saw it coming; she's been portrayed very socially naive & awkward probably for this reason. So now we get to see which of these is true:
    • Qiu Tong has simply never considered whether or not she is into girls, so the next phase is "trying it out to see"
    • Qiu Tong has never considered being in a relationship with anyone period, probably due to the social awkwardness she talked about before; that Sun Jing is a girl won't be notable to the story, and it'll be more about her coming farther out of her shell / comfort zone, wrestling with the "someone could actually like me" thing, and flailing around awkwardly & humorously at first relationship
    • Sun Jing will take this event as a rejection & will avoid Qiu Tong, who herself will have decided that she wants to give it a shot but will have trouble finding / talking with Sun Jing & communicating this
    • Qiu Tong simply isn't into girls, which... I guess would turn the rest of the strip into a story about how they dealt with just being friends? Or worse, Sun Jing tries to "convince" her to be? Can't see any of this happening, really hoping it doesn't.
    Any other predictions? I'm thinking a combination of the first three, but mostly the second one.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I predict....multiple strips with a final panel that consists of a text bubble floating in the air

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Who here hasn't gone up to someone they like and told them in all caps that they are pursuing them?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Who here hasn't gone up to someone they like and told them in all caps that they are pursuing them?

iKHGs1L.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Actually automatic doors have to open both ways for safety reasons!
    Automatic doors do not have to open automatically both ways. I mean they I'm pretty sure legally have to be openable from both directions but it doesn't have to be automatic.

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular

its not like i like you or anything webcomics thread

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Berk wrote: »

gV0XM0n.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    That email in Deus Ex... it freaked me the fuck out first time.

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »

gV0XM0n.jpg

tumblr_ljy0fqTDN91qalgp9o1_500.jpg

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    One Punch Man is read right to left.
    Previous Chapter | Index | Current Chapter [NSFW]
    Neveron wrote: »
    TmQrmxu.jpg
    zUG4Otu.jpg
    MQ9bPml.jpg
    GEu0yA1.jpg

I'm going on a trip tomorrow, so have an early post.

Sources and links:
    url="http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/index.html"]JP webcomic c.1-104[/url [ENG webcomic c.1-57 (58-104 are available on other unlinkable places)](2 NSFW pages)
    Chapters 1-3 translated by El_Thor, 4-27 by Boon (and for four panels PA's Cantide and for one PA's Winder) and edited by me, 28-30 by El_Thor yet again, and 31 onwards by someone who shall remain anonymous since I don't know who they are.

url="http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/"]JP Manga c.1-5, 15-54[/url url="http://www.viz.com/manga/digital/one-punch-man"]ENG Manga c.1-37[/url
    [Anime: Daisuki, Hulu]
    The next post is probably read left to right unless it's some wise guy writing backwards or that vampire cheerleader comic.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    5nl9Y9e.jpg
    Adventure hooks are probably the most difficult thing to design in a session. It's not enough to get the players motivated - you also need to plan the hook in such a way that the players will naturally pursue the course of action you planned for. Dungeons can be tightly controlled no matter the hook, but more freeform adventures set in populated areas offer almost hundreds of options. Miscalculating the hook might inspire your players to attack the problem in a way you didn't intend.
    friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    r5dre6stl1rs.jpg
    I always thought my Cake Sense was my mutant superpower, and have kept it hidden from a world that isn't ready for The Truth.
    No, it turns out everyone has it. Nuts.

ap.jpg 240.3K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Turns out Dragon Thing has flash fire, BOOM, Blaize is fucked
    shut up, I know the Charmander family can't have flash fire just SHUT UP

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It would be interesting if DT did have a G3 ability. A constant debate in the comments for the webcomic is just how far Generation-wise the story's set in.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    judging by all the author created fanart of the two characters kissing I think I know what'll happen in their story

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    sci-fi space politics

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    i151118maryworth.jpg
    Thank goodness Mary is taking Olive out to have snacks at various New York tourist attractions! At last, her parents can have a little alone time. In panel two, her dad has already put on his Flesh Glasses to prepare for whatever unspeakable acts they have planned.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    starring qiu tong as sexy space elf

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    starring qiu tong as sexy space elf

And Mary Worth as second sexy space elf

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    B4uNgZe.jpg

wcq50pT.jpg

That last page is one of my favorites in the entirety of A Redtail's Dream

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    judging by all the author created fanart of the two characters kissing I think I know what'll happen in their story

the longest con

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Mayabird on
This discussion has been closed.