As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2016 Amiibo Tournament and Trading (Smash Wii U)

VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
Even though no one knows if they will be going for sure, since badges aren't on sale yet, I was wondering if anyone wanted to have an (unofficial) Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Amiibo tournament and Amiibo trading at PAX East 2016. (probably console free play). I probably wouldn't be able to manage it but if someone else who gets a badge wants to, I think it would be awesome! I know people were going to do something like this this year, but it was very unorganized, so I was wondering if anyone was up for doing a more organized one next year (2016 of course)?

Wishes he could change his username

• Options
    No one interested yet?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's pretty early, not much action until people get badges.

• Options
    True

• Options
    sirmeepsirmeep Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in going. Tried to find last year's tournament but could not find the location and no one knew who/where it was being held

• Options
    Yeah that was an issue

• Options
    Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    If I get another 3ds I may be intrested in buying/trading but as of now I have no nintendo console

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    okay!

• Options
    Now that tickets are out, I am going to ask again if anyone is interested

• Options
    I would like to see if I can beat anybodys Amiibo

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    That would be cool

The prize would not be the losing amiibo though, I like my Amiibo.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    im interested

• Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    That would be cool

The prize would not be the losing amiibo though, I like my Amiibo.

Of course not, I would have no use for it anyway I am just interested in taking on Amiibos as well as Human Players

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    Yeah

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I am interested. Last year I brought my Bowser to the free to play area and some people tried to beat it. I would also be interested in trading or even just finding amiibos for people if they are available around my area.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Amiibo trading... I wonder if I can convince people to trade me pins for some Amiibo I have :P

• Options
    lol

• Options
    I recommended using the Console Freeplay Waiting Room for this as theres no timelimits unless its full and other people want are waiting

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    I will be at PAX Saturday and Sunday, just reply here if you want to play or use your amiibo against me

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    I am interested. Last year I brought my Bowser to the free to play area and some people tried to beat it. I would also be interested in trading or even just finding amiibos for people if they are available around my area.

I would be interested in trying to beat your Amiibo, I dont have any Amiibo, but I will face it myself, wanna get enough people to play Smash With after im done with Expo Stuff on Saturday :P

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    I have many Amiibo, maybe Ill bring one or 2 for battling, and one or 2 cards for trading

• Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    I have many Amiibo, maybe Ill bring one or 2 for battling, and one or 2 cards for trading

Alright, Ill be playing Smash after the Expo Hall on Saturday, so Ill be in the CFP Waiting Room maybe around 11 am-Noon based on if I have Lunch before then or After

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    hey VGguy if i show'd up would you mind letting em scan your amiibos? (or to be more precise try to scan) i'm working on a way to scan the nfc chip with my note 4 without a peice of hardware (ala amiiqo)

edit: stupid typos from stupid tablet autocorrect

Mechcondrid on
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    my villager is better than me at smash so I'd like to see him crush people or see the little jerk crushed

• Options
    VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    I'd probably be interested. I'd like to see what a level 50 Mewtwo could do and it'd give me an excuse to train it up.

• Options
    I need to test out my Amiibo again soon, but Im likely not picking up anymore Smash Amiibo before PAX unless Cloud comes out before then, so I might decide who I am bringing now!

• Options
    Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    I have Each of the Legend of Zelda Smash Amiibo, I shall Train them well in the next two months. Prior to the event I shall have them Face off against each other and I shall bring the Victor with me on Sunday.

• Options
    SparkstertheGoldenSparkstertheGolden Registered User regular
    I'd be more than happy to be part of this tournament.
    Heck, if there's free play with Amiibo, I'd jump on that during the expo.

• Options
    I think now would be a good time for someone to start planning this. I can't, so someone else would have to volunteer.