Can you id this Oregon punk band or understand their lyrics?

TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
edited November 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
I hope this post isn't breaking any rules, I don't think it is but I have 3 tracks from a live gig a punk band played at a club in Oregon last Friday, Nov 13, 2015 and that is all I know about the origin of these songs. I've tried listening to the lyrics to Google them but I cannot make out many of them at all. I'm hoping someone here can help. Here is the file containing the 3 tracks: www53.zippyshare.com/v/N7IWLzBj/file.html

TalonSE on
Panda4You

• The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I love it.

What venue? can you narrow it down a bit? Sounds very standard punk, so hard to get on sound alone.

You have stuff like this to help? http://pc-pdx.com/show-guide/

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
    Panda4You
  • TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    I don't know the venue, that's not my recording as I wasn't there. I'm not even sure where in Oregon they played that night but I looked thru that show guide you linked and none of those seemed to fit. I know I don't have many details to go on here, that's what's so vexing about it. Apparently the band has been around for a while, the vocalist on those tracks is no longer with the band, she just sat in on that one gig and it was promoted as a "reunion" of sorts.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Sounds like The Distillers to me.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
    Nija
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    And according to their wiki they broke up in 06.

I'd wager that's them.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    The vocalist does sound a bit like Brody Dalle but the Distillers haven't reunited and weren't playing in Oregon a week ago.

Ataxrxes