As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Plasma sword skin get.

I kind of want that shield. Hmm.

These weapon skins tickle my fancy but it reminds me how much I dislike getting them. Dumb random chests.

steam_sig.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    That seems kind of harsh on DnT, the reddit post I saw they acknowledged that they had a head start due to beta testing.

Nope. They(DnT) were total assholes about it. They posted this on their website.

For big
    dnt3.jpg

Rude as hell thing to do....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    its Wednesday WVW.

Fallout will be there for you after. Star's can be crafted at anytime.

When else can You can go out and get into fights?

We will redo any guild missions that anyone desires. TONIGHT 830 EST!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited November 2015
    heirloom weapons are in....
    good or bad....

T1VH5uX.png

mojojoeo on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Regarding raids, here's a non terrible post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3tad8g/spirit_vale_guardian_kill_by_king_analysis/

KING clears the Vale Guardian (not the whole raid) and there's a nice and detailed analysis of what's going on.

*edit*

Okay, this is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNotF5NPz-8

Watch till the very end. It's worth it.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Fashion advice please!

Is there equipment that looks like raggedy robes? Kinda ringwraith-like?

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Fashion advice please!

There are some. What armor type? Light?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_light_armor

Lich or Flame Legion is your best bet I think.

Incenjucar on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So my Wednesday EU Friendly raid's first attempts went amazingly well. We took is at a learning attempt, and focused solely on getting the mob down to its 2nd phase and we were successful in getting it there on 1 attempt, with multiple attempts getting it close. We're definitely learning more and more as we attempt it, so its very exciting :D With 1 Condi Engi, 1 Condi Mesmer, and a power rev using condi weapons, we were able to fuck up the first split phase's condi mob so that was good. I feel like we did exceptionally well as condi, so we'd be able to do the rest of the fight without requiring even more condi than that.

I have another group running on Saturday Night, so hopefully we can use what we've learned in the first raid to progress more on Saturday. I'm super excited for that one too :D Raids are hard and super fun. Even when failing to kill the bosses you get a small amount of tokens which you can save up for loot eventually. :D

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Fashion advice please!

Hm. Lich looks good. Arah... I don't think I've ever done that one. At least, not on explorable.

With all the recent stuff, do people still do dungeons?

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Fashion advice please!

Hm. Lich looks good. Arah... I don't think I've ever done that one. At least, not on explorable.

Not much, but you can still find groups. PVP reward tracks might be a good bet now.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Fashion advice please!

Not much, but you can still find groups. PVP reward tracks might be a good bet now.

IIRC I think it takes about 2-ish completions of a dungeon track to unlock a full set of armor. Maybe 2 1/2 if you've never done an Arah explorable before.

Just make sure to not spend the tokens you get on chest or leggings, wait until you get the armor chest at the very end to unlock those.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I don't really PvP except in that custom arena we had to trade wins. Even then, I still haven't finished the track I'm on for the Balthazar backpack.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    good or bad....

T1VH5uX.png

I like this. I've got characters I'm levelling and don't want to blow transmute stones on their weapons every few levels. I'll get some good use from it.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    good or bad....

T1VH5uX.png

I like this. I've got characters I'm levelling and don't want to blow transmute stones on their weapons every few levels. I'll get some good use from it.
    I was reading about this. It requires 250 of a currency to buy one of the weapons? How much of that currency do you get from a trade-in at the appropriate vendors?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    good or bad....

T1VH5uX.png

I was reading about this. It requires 250 of a currency to buy one of the weapons? How much of that currency do you get from a trade-in at the appropriate vendors?

Do we know where those traders will be?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2015
    So, precursor crafting: In most cases, it is cheaper to buy the non-HoT precursor rather than go through the process of crafting one.

...but apparently, some of the collections come with perks, like the Kudzu collection giving you access to a Garden in the Diedre Step JP you can harvest daily. If you look closely as the screenshot there, a couple of the harvest nodes are chili peppers, which are normally only harvestable as a random chance in ascalon herb nodes and sell for more than 15s apiece on the TP.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Good thing I'm trying to craft Kudzu then.

Foefaller wrote: »
    Fashion advice please!

IIRC I think it takes about 2-ish completions of a dungeon track to unlock a full set of armor. Maybe 2 1/2 if you've never done an Arah explorable before.

Just make sure to not spend the tokens you get on chest or leggings, wait until you get the armor chest at the very end to unlock those.

You get 240 tokens and 1 armor box per track. Boots, gloves, and shoulders are 180 tokens, I think helm, pants, and coat are 210, 300, 330 respectively.

edited November 2015
    new ghostly infusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i5rJW7xX8g&feature=youtu.be

ugly or the bes? Smash or trash? what say you PA?

Shiny for loves.....
    lovely day for the hatttttttes.....

i dunno which..... its a bit much....

Also..... WvW is a complete debacle with this patch.

When walls upgrade- they bug out meaning all 3 walls exists in the same space.
    Same for gates. Massive graphical issues with this.
    Due to the above- walls and doors become untargetable..... rams flat don't work without a target.
    If the event is going on in the borderlands- it lags out many players on all the maps. As soon as the event stops.... all the maps clean up lag wise.

mojojoeo on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I am having the opposite of the problems you are describing mojo. I had those issues before the patch but they are not as prevalent now. I haven't seen a triple glitch on a gate or wall yet.

holy god i want that infusion so bad but i don't want to do the raids ughfhghghghh

edit: Oh holy shit! Not account bound/soul bound? Yes, yes. This is what I want.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited November 2015
    Bet it costs a ton of gold, like these things usually do.

I could see myself using it on my necromancer, but that's about it.

EDIT: Is there a guide somewhere on how to get started crafting your own ascended gear? I know folks on TS were discussing it some last night but it all went way over my head, what with "crafting one set and converting it" type talk. :)

ringswraith on
    Zoel wrote: »
    I am having the opposite of the problems you are describing mojo. I had those issues before the patch but they are not as prevalent now. I haven't seen a triple glitch on a gate or wall yet.

holy god i want that infusion so bad but i don't want to do the raids ughfhghghghh

edit: Oh holy shit! Not account bound/soul bound? Yes, yes. This is what I want.

we ran last night- almost everyone in the group had the glitches.

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Even better that we were trying to attack a wall that wasn't even there!

I want that infusion!

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Yeah we broke down a wall but there was another wall underneath it... but the other wall was fake, you could run right through it. I'd seen it happen to gates before but not walls.

Zoel I wanna know what the new cancer build is

edited November 2015

EDIT: Is there a guide somewhere on how to get started crafting your own ascended gear? I know folks on TS were discussing it some last night but it all went way over my head, what with "crafting one set and converting it" type talk. :)
    • Step 1: Raise the appropriate armor and weapon crafting skills to 500. For the most part, this means discovering and crafting exo gear from 400-500. At 450, you will be able to craft some of the items used to make ascended gear, but doing that will only get you to 475, at which point you'll have to switch back to 80 Exotic gear. You can use this site for the cheapest way to do so.
    • Step 2: unlock the recipes for the ascended gear you wish to use. For base GW2 stat combos, recipes for both the insignia/inscription and weapons/armor pieces can be bought from the appropriate crafting trainer (though for celestial, the exo insignia/inscription you need has to be bought from the TP). For Zealot's, recipes have to either be bought from the TP or from purchased with karma from the Pact Supply Agents that you gain access to with Pact Commander Mastery 3 (random chance from the torn page, plus a random chance they'll have the actual recipe for sale) For the rest, the proper insignia/inscription must be bought from the right map/mastery vendor with a map currency (Which are Dry Top for Nomad's, Silverwastes for Sinister's, Itzel Mastery for Minstrel, Exalted Master for Viper's, Nuhoch Mastery for Trailblazer's, and post-Mouth Dragon's Stand for Vigilant, Commander's and Wanderer's) while the specific gear recipes can be found from the map's special chests or bought from other players off the TP.
    • Step 3: Gather the materials. Every ascended piece requires either a regular Vision Crystal (for weapons and chestpiece) or Lesser Vision Crystal (for all other armor pieces), made with Bloodstone Bricks, Empyereal Stars and Dragonite Ingots, plus and Augry Stone bought from Myani with spirit shards. mats for the bricks are found in champ bags, the stars at the end of dungeons/fractals, open world (but not locked) chests, and tower/camp mobs in wuv, and the ore for Dragonite Ingots is earn beating world bosses (the harder, the better) and Keep/SMC captures in Wuv. You also have a decent chance of getting all of those mats from the locked Magumma Wastes/HoT chests you unlock with lockpicks, keys, crowbars, acid, and machetes. You will also need Obsidian Shards and Thermocatalyic Reagents for each brick, start and Ingot you make.

On top of that, depending on what you're making, You going to need Deldrimor Steel, Spiritwood Planks, Elonian Leather Squares, and/or Bolts of Damask. You'll need at minimum 3 Deldrimor and Spiritwood per weapon (for the Deldrimor plated Dowel needed for the ascended inscription) and 3 Elonian Leather Squares and Damask Bolts per armor piece (for the Damask Patches needed for the insiginia) Each one is made with the refined T2-5 mats, at a ratio of 20 T2, 10 T3, 20 T4 and either 50 (for Steel, Planks and Leather Squares) or 100 (for Damask) T5, plus an ecto and some thermocatalytic reagents. The T5 portion are also time gated, and account-bound, so making a single ascended piece typically takes at minimum 5-7 days if you make everything yourself, going as high as 8 or 9 for staves, greatswords and light armor chestpieces. assuming you have or acquire all the mats in time to craft the time gated parts every day.

Lastly, you need Globs of Dark Matter, which are salvaged from exotic level gear. If you decided to salavage rather than sell the exo gear you made crafting up to 500, you might have enough for a few pieces, otherwise you're going to have to make, find, or buy more. The cheapest source of Exotic gear is and still remains dungeon gear, though you can also used carapace armor bought from Silverwastes, most of the weapon and armor sets bought or found in HoT, and the Accessories you loot for the collections that unlock each specialization's unique ascended weapon.

Note that the completed Ingots, Planks, Squares, and Bolts can be bought from the TP, as well as fully-crafted ascended insignia's to bypass the Dark Matter req., but these are all stupidly expensive, and should only be done if you have loads of gold and a complete lack of patience to make everything yourself.
    • Step 4: Bringing it all together. Once you've gotten all the recipes, gathered all the mats, and made all the extra pieces you needed... Just hit craft for that final step, and you are done!

As for the "Crafting one set and converting it" talk, there is a Mystic Forge recipe that lets you convert am ascended weapon or armor piece from one stat set to another. This is great if you get an ascended chest that wasn't a stat combo you wanted, so you can switch it to something else. It is also wonderful if your goal is a full set of Zealot's/Keeper's gear, considering that even with the Pact Supply Agents, buying the recipe for a single Keeper's ascended weapon or armor piece can cost as much as the materials to make that weapon (Zealot's Breatplate is 198g for the recipe), while the exo inscription is about 1g and the insignia "only" 10g.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »

• Step 1: Raise the appropriate armor and weapon crafting skills to 500. For the most part, this means discovering and crafting exo gear from 400-500. At 450, you will be able to craft some of the items used to make ascended gear, but doing that will only get you to 475, at which point you'll have to switch back to 80 Exotic gear. You can use this site for the cheapest way to do so.
    • Step 2: unlock the recipes for the ascended gear you wish to use. For base GW2 stat combos, recipes for both the insignia/inscription and weapons/armor pieces can be bought from the appropriate crafting trainer (though for celestial, the exo insignia/inscription you need has to be bought from the TP). For Zealot's, recipes have to either be bought from the TP or from purchased with karma from the Pact Supply Agents that you gain access to with Pact Commander Mastery 3 (random chance from the torn page, plus a random chance they'll have the actual recipe for sale) For the rest, the proper insignia/inscription must be bought from the right map/mastery vendor with a map currency (Which are Dry Top for Nomad's, Silverwastes for Sinister's, Itzel Mastery for Minstrel, Exalted Master for Viper's, Nuhoch Mastery for Trailblazer's, and post-Mouth Dragon's Stand for Vigilant, Commander's and Wanderer's) while the specific gear recipes can be found from the map's special chests or bought from other players off the TP.
    • Step 3: Gather the materials. Every ascended piece requires either a regular Vision Crystal (for weapons and chestpiece) or Lesser Vision Crystal (for all other armor pieces), made with Bloodstone Bricks, Empyereal Stars and Dragonite Ingots, plus and Augry Stone bought from Myani with spirit shards. mats for the bricks are found in champ bags, the stars at the end of dungeons/fractals, open world (but not locked) chests, and tower/camp mobs in wuv, and the ore for Dragonite Ingots is earn beating world bosses (the harder, the better) and Keep/SMC captures in Wuv. You also have a decent chance of getting all of those mats from the locked Magumma Wastes/HoT chests you unlock with lockpicks, keys, crowbars, acid, and machetes. You will also need Obsidian Shards and Thermocatalyic Reagents for each brick, start and Ingot you make.

On top of that, depending on what you're making, You going to need Deldrimor Steel, Spiritwood Planks, Elonian Leather Squares, and/or Bolts of Damask. You'll need at minimum 3 Deldrimor and Spiritwood per weapon (for the Deldrimor plated Dowel needed for the ascended inscription) and 3 Elonian Leather Squares and Damask Bolts per armor piece (for the Damask Patches needed for the insiginia) Each one is made with the refined T2-5 mats, at a ratio of 20 T2, 10 T3, 20 T4 and either 50 (for Steel, Planks and Leather Squares) or 100 (for Damask) T5, plus an ecto and some thermocatalytic reagents. The T5 portion are also time gated, and account-bound, so making a single ascended piece typically takes at minimum 5-7 days if you make everything yourself, going as high as 8 or 9 for staves, greatswords and light armor chestpieces. assuming you have or acquire all the mats in time to craft the time gated parts every day.

Lastly, you need Globs of Dark Matter, which are salvaged from exotic level gear. If you decided to salavage rather than sell the exo gear you made crafting up to 500, you might have enough for a few pieces, otherwise you're going to have to make, find, or buy more. The cheapest source of Exotic gear is and still remains dungeon gear, though you can also used carapace armor bought from Silverwastes, most of the weapon and armor sets bought or found in HoT, and the Accessories you loot for the collections that unlock each specialization's unique ascended weapon.

Note that the completed Ingots, Planks, Squares, and Bolts can be bought from the TP, as well as fully-crafted ascended insignia's to bypass the Dark Matter req., but these are all stupidly expensive, and should only be done if you have loads of gold and a complete lack of patience to make everything yourself.
    • Step 4: Bringing it all together. Once you've gotten all the recipes, gathered all the mats, and made all the extra pieces you needed... Just hit craft for that final step, and you are done!

As for the "Crafting one set and converting it" talk, there is a Mystic Forge recipe that lets you convert am ascended weapon or armor piece from one stat set to another. This is great if you get an ascended chest that wasn't a stat combo you wanted, so you can switch it to something else. It is also wonderful if your goal is a full set of Zealot's/Keeper's gear, considering that even with the Pact Supply Agents, buying the recipe for a single Keeper's ascended weapon or armor piece can cost as much as the materials to make that weapon (Zealot's Breatplate is 198g for the recipe), while the exo inscription is about 1g and the insignia "only" 10g.

Thank you for this- this is really helpful.

I'm considering all this for my engineer. At the moment he is mainly a Flamethrower in Rampager's exotics. I was looking at the gear combinations and I'm not sure if I should be looking at Sinister or Viper.

I agree, VERY helpful!

I think it's time for me to start working on ascended stuff as well. My biggest issue was I was having a tough time deciding between condi or power and haven't been willing to take the plunge.

I guess I could work towards both sets. Is that what a lot of people do?

edited November 2015
    Also, here is a link to a Reddit post with a raid video, Chronomancer tank.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3tfnsz/hex_friends_vale_guardian_kill_626min/

Still 3 Revs and 3 Engineers and 2 Warrios, though. The amount of pugs shouting for specific classes and builds in VB last night was kind of concerning.

Seems like everyone sees these class raid make-ups on Reddit and instantly decides that must be the rule!

Tulabelle on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    raid culture will be raid culture

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    I agree, VERY helpful!

I think it's time for me to start working on ascended stuff as well. My biggest issue was I was having a tough time deciding between condi or power and haven't been willing to take the plunge.

This is why I was looking at Viper- it splits its major stats into Power and Condition Damage, minors in Precision and Expertise (which I think is Condition Duration).

Sinister is Condition Damage major, Power and Precision minor.

I think I'm talking myself into Viper, here.

I agree, VERY helpful!

This is why I was looking at Viper- it splits its major stats into Power and Condition Damage, minors in Precision and Expertise (which I think is Condition Duration).

Viper is the current 'in' stat. This is because condition duration food was nerfed from 40% to 20%

I agree, VERY helpful!

Viper is the current 'in' stat. This is because condition duration food was nerfed from 40% to 20%

Ah. Then I'll need 1200 of those lumps in AB, and the Exalted mastery associated with it.

Suppose I can slowly work on getting the materials together, though.

I agree, VERY helpful!

That could work. I'm a Rev though, I don't NEED precision. Maybe Valkyrie? Hmmm... This is why I can't decide!!!

Also, the vast majority of the benefit from Ascended gear comes from the Weapon and Trinkets. I'd focus on those first (and they are cheaper!) before you go for armor. Full Ascended armor, in the very best case, will only increase your DPS by less than 5%, and if you have other buffs to your damage (Food, infusions), it ends up being even less than that. Hell, being able to whip up good damaging food is more important and cost-effective than Ascended Armor.

It's good to have full Ascended if you can afford it, and you should eke out as much utility as possible. But again, Trinkets and Weapon(s) first.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I agree, VERY helpful!

That could work. I'm a Rev though, I don't NEED precision. Maybe Valkyrie? Hmmm... This is why I can't decide!!!
    I'm playing a Condi Revenant, and I've actually been using Carrion (Condition > Power = Vitality), of all things. I stay mostly in Centaur and Glint, and the Glint heal reverses incoming damage anyway, so you want a higher health threshold.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I have ascended rings. And an amulet too IIRC. Earrings are only exotic at the moment. Might have to cough up the ectos and buy them with laurels, since I don't get online for guild missions.

I have ascended rings. And an amulet too IIRC. Earrings are only exotic at the moment. Might have to cough up the ectos and buy them with laurels, since I don't get online for guild missions.
    You can also do the Cheevos for Living Story Season 2 to get free Sinister trinkets (each episode has one free trinket for doing all the cheevos). They are a bit of a pain, but it's less pain than waiting for enough laurels to come around.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    One piece of advice on Ascended crafting - to get the Globs of Dark matter (account bound) you personally have to salvage exos which can be very expensive, and that can turn into a big gold sink.

Unless you turn it into a PROFIT CENTER.

Go here http://www.gw2shinies.com/salvage.php , find exos which you can place Buy Orders for significantly less than the value of the Sigil/Rune contained in the Exo, then salvage with Black Lion to extract Sigil/Rune, and profit off Sell Order on the Sigil/Rune (or at least break much closer to even than you would doing it another way).

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    You can also do the Cheevos for Living Story Season 2 to get free Sinister trinkets (each episode has one free trinket for doing all the cheevos). They are a bit of a pain, but it's less pain than waiting for enough laurels to come around.

I'm actually going through LS2 (slowly) so that I can get the stuff I need to craft Mawdrey. Haven't really been going after the achievements since I know I wouldn't be able to do those without help. I figure I'll get the story done, then when someone's able to help out with cheevos, I'll do 'em then.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    So, question: I have a level 80 ranger in mostly Exotic Soldier's armor (gifted to me by a friend) and whatever weapons I've gotten just from playing. I don't have a good sense of builds or synergies - I just run with whatever is fun and seems useful at the time. I'm a terrible tactician, but I can follow instructions, provided they're clear (i.e., not "Stand over there! No, over there!!").

Can I feasibly come do fractals and/or raids with you guys without dragging you down?

(My first raiding experience was in WoW, with a jerk who would run my underleveled character through with his level 80, and then get mad and yell at me because I didn't know exactly where to go or what to do on my very first time. It soured me on the whole experience, and since then, I haven't really attempted instanced content except very rarely with a couple of close friends; but I'd like to play more.)

This discussion has been closed.