As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man, why ain't the Mysterious Stranger showing up? I use VATS all the time, I have high luck, I have the second rank of the perk!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

He seems to only show up after your last shot didn't kill something

So quit being efficient

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Can Plasma Rifles be modded with suppressors? I found a legendary one that is more accurate in VATS outside of open combat but uses more AP, but the problem is it's loud as hell in contrast to me trying to be sneaky.

No energy weapons have silencers, I don't believe.

Boo.

Silencers and stealth is for wimps anyway. Do what I do and inject all the drugs and run in there with your tire iron swinging.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I can't help that I'm incredible at murder!

• Options
    Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
    Settlement question! I have a Defense rating of 30 and 9 people so far at Red Rocket. A brahmin just showed up and I have almost 80 happiness. There's no way in hell I'll ever get attacked at this point is there? I just expect there to be some kind of mechanic that the more well fortified a base is the stronger/larger an attacking force will be. Any ideas?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I wish you could build planter boxes, I want elevated farms, everything keeps getting blasted by crossfire

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Demi Gourd wrote: »
    Settlement question! I have a Defense rating of 30 and 9 people so far at Red Rocket. A brahmin just showed up and I have almost 80 happiness. There's no way in hell I'll ever get attacked at this point is there? I just expect there to be some kind of mechanic that the more well fortified a base is the stronger/larger an attacking force will be. Any ideas?
    You probably won't get attacked unless the defense score is less than the total of your food + water, and the higher your defense score compared to your food+water score the less and less likely you are to be attacked

I have no idea how the game decides what strength of force to attack you with, but according to the tool tips I saw the liklihood of being attacked is dependant on defense vs food+water

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    light companion spoilers
    ahahah Strong's character quirk is KIND OF THE BEST?

TINKER TINKER TINKER

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I made it to diamond city finally.

• Options
    Hey if you feel like determining whether or not you're completely immune to motion sickness swim out to one of the derelict boats off the coast and watch the fucked up ground textures sway and undulate with the waves, if you don't fucking barf you're immune

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I wish you could build planter boxes, I want elevated farms, everything keeps getting blasted by crossfire

If you're PC, there's already a mod for that.

• Options
    Is there a mod to keep PC users from taunting me with mods

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I'll definitely download that when I get home, because I want gardens on my rooftops.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So I found an issue of Wasteland Survival Guide that just marks Diamond City on your map.

:?

Woop de doo.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is there a mod to keep PC users from taunting me with mods

Yes, buying it on PC.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So, The Swan:
    I don't know how any of you guys accidentally triggered his fight. I had walked through that area maybe 7 or 8 times, but because I avoided going into the super heavily radiated water he never attacked me. I only knew there was something there because I read about it here.

He was pretty cool though, even if I was kind of overleveled for the fight. Kind of wish I had been surprised by it as well, but i'd never have found him had I not read the stories.
    Uh I immediately tried to ride around in his boat?? I had to know if it worked!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    so where are the most likely places to find my doggy again

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    If you just dismissed him he should be at sanctuary in one of the dog houses

It isn't always the same dog house though

I solved this by dragging every dog house in the town so it was next to the house right by the fast travel point

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So, The Swan:
    I don't know how any of you guys accidentally triggered his fight. I had walked through that area maybe 7 or 8 times, but because I avoided going into the super heavily radiated water he never attacked me. I only knew there was something there because I read about it here.

He was pretty cool though, even if I was kind of overleveled for the fight. Kind of wish I had been surprised by it as well, but i'd never have found him had I not read the stories.
    Uh I immediately tried to ride around in his boat?? I had to know if it worked!

Aquaboy/girl makes water a non- issue, so I was just walking along.

I was level 26.

• Options
    I looooove all the anti-rad perks, though the Ghoulish one is kind of misleading, when I read "Rads heal you" I think that rads will heal me, not that rads will fill up an empty chunk of my healthbar if there is one while also pushing the red rad bar back like normal, rads will still totally murder you with the Ghoulish perks

• Options
    so where are the most likely places to find my doggy again

where are you in the story?

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    got a quest to check out the glowing sea, doing a bunch of random shit instead

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If Diamond City is along the equator of the map, I'm almost done exploring everything north of it.

Still haven't done barely any of the main quest, definitely wondering how much 'go here! oh you already went there.' there will be

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Random encounter
    Found Skinny Malone dead after a deal gone bad with some Gunners near one of the overpasses.

• Options
    I'm stalled on the main quest because it requires me to find the Railroad but I started the Freedom Trail quest and got turned around and stopped and now there's no quest marker just " follow the freedom trail" so there's no way to continue the main quest without looking up where to go and goddamnit I have water purifiers to build

• Options
    I'm stalled on the main quest because it requires me to find the Railroad but I started the Freedom Trail quest and got turned around and stopped and now there's no quest marker just " follow the freedom trail" so there's no way to continue the main quest without looking up where to go and goddamnit I have water purifiers to build

there's a robot at the boston common, where that quest starts

it might have some info!

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Starting point
    Boston Common, just north east of Swan's Pond. Look for the board with writing by the fountain

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Well alright fine I guess I'll stop dismantling light bulbs to go look for my stupid baby

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talking about
    The Atom Cats yet

They're so cool , like if the Tunnel Snakes were made up of Good Karma Fallout Protagonists who love power armor and helping nearby settlements

Holy shit
    Where I find these cats?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    How do I get Hancock as a companion? He won't even talk to me, just has a stock response when I walk up to him and interact.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

(Hunter/Hunted spoilers)
    All of this build up with killing the Courser, hearing him interrogate and murder gunners, and the constant radio beeping building tons of tension

And then because I gave an old woman enough drugs, I just knew its kill phrase and made it fall over dead without firing a shot

Video games are stupid and great

• Options
    Yeah for real those cats sound like the club my best videogame protagonists would join

• Options
    got a quest to check out the glowing sea, doing a bunch of random shit instead

ok your farther then me mine got bugged at the fort and though I wasn't using him doge was glitched inside a turret until I went and met with Kellogg

if the quest has dog meat scour the sea as a requirement he might be there? if not my friend was saying sanctuary hills was bugged and it takes followers forever and a half to show up so waiting a couple days then fast travelling there might fix it?

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    i found dog, he was as the gas station

also I just got the touchdown trophy!

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

(Hunter/Hunted spoilers)
    All of this build up with killing the Courser, hearing him interrogate and murder gunners, and the constant radio beeping building tons of tension

And then because I gave an old woman enough drugs, I just knew its kill phrase and made it fall over dead without firing a shot

I did the same thing

Except no drugs, or passphrase

And there were two shots

Coursers are scrubs

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

(Hunter/Hunted spoilers)

Heh, that's pretty great.

I died once when he stealthed and I kind of panicked, but the next time I just ran right at him and wailed on him with my best melee weapon. He spent more time running three steps and pausing to turn around than he did firing at me so he went down pretty quick. A surprising number of problems in this game can be solved by literally charging right at them like a crazy person.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Apparently someone at Sanctuary has some boundary issues, and needs a stern talking to. I have no idea who the sneaky little punk is but mark my words when I find out, heads are going to roll.
    01FE6BDA9E100D8D7F4087167EDEA732A0E19C13

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    hahah. Found a legendary thompson with a silencer that fires exploding bullets. Yup. That sure is stealthy.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Thank goodness for that mod, trying to feed Jamaica Plains is awful.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    In the institute how do you upload
    the railroad patriot message? I've accessed several terminals, is there a special kind? Is it a holotape you load, if so, what's it called?

• Options
    Man I cannot for the life of me find this robot that will let me continue the main quest, am I a terrible moron or is the whole "finding the Railroad" sequence super fucked up

This discussion has been closed.