As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE RAMS FUTURE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kaepernick placed on the IR and won't play for the rest of the season, and more likely, never in SF again. The crazy ups-and-downs world of the NFL.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    does the turtle get to take over

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    kaepernick to Houston, Foster to SF?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    kaepernick to Houston, Foster to SF?

Kaepernick to LA.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    remember when Kaep, Luck, RG3, and Wilson were going to be the new dominant offensive forces for the next generation and aaron rogers was going to cement himself as the best qb ever and tom brady was washed up

good tiiiiimes good times

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    remember when Kaep, Luck, RG3, and Wilson were going to be the new dominant offensive forces for the next generation and aaron rogers was going to cement himself as the best qb ever and tom brady was washed up

No.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Luck is good, Wilson has a shit OL and Rg3 got broken by the last coach and shit on by the current one.

Rogers is still top tier

Wut?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    also tom is a cheating cheater

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

uh, rodgers was playing extremely well at the start of this season especially considering he is without his #1 receiver. he was MVP last year and suh's foot is about the only reason he wasn't headed to the superbowl. that and some butterfingers special teamer

it's not like brady would be putting up the same numbers if gronk was out for the season

Jars on
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Luck is good, Wilson has a shit OL and Rg3 got broken by the last coach and shit on by the current one.

Rogers is still top tier

Wut?

Luck hasn't had a terribly good season - tied for second in interceptions, 74.9 passer rating. He's doing better than Mallet and Manning, but that's it. Kaepernick's passer rating is better than Luck's: 78.5.

Rodgers is still "just" top tier. He's not cementing GOAT status as some expected.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Luck and Rogers will both be fine. Wilson gets a line and so will he.

I just think the argument is silly. Who said Brady was washed up? He won a sb last year

Mulletude on
  • Options
    I like Luck, but the more I watch him the less I think he will have the glorious career he everyone was saying he would have. Guys got an arm, but makes way too many dumb decisions and, lets face it, he plays in the AFC South.

Rogers is obviously amazing but the road numbers and lack of 4th quarter comebacks are starting to creep up and it looks like he might take over the "great regular season QB" title from Peyton.

Wilson is a good QB no doubt, but the offense is simply anaemic with a couple of quarters of brilliance here and there the exception, and you have to put at least a good chunk of the blame on him.

I'm mostly enthused with the "reject class" of Bortles and Carr and Bridgewater having better career prospects half of THE BIG 4 from 2012

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I like Luck, but the more I watch him the less I think he will have the glorious career he everyone was saying he would have. Guys got an arm, but makes way too many dumb decisions and, lets face it, he plays in the AFC South.

Rogers is obviously amazing but the road numbers and lack of 4th quarter comebacks are starting to creep up and it looks like he might take over the "great regular season QB" title from Peyton.

Wilson is a good QB no doubt, but the offense is simply anaemic with a couple of quarters of brilliance here and there the exception, and you have to put at least a good chunk of the blame on him.

I'm mostly enthused with the "reject class" of Bortles and Carr and Bridgewater having better career prospects half of THE BIG 4 from 2012

I think that five years from now, Luck, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, and Wilson will be the top QBs in the league.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So you're saying The Dark Ages?

• Options
    So you're saying The Dark Ages?

Brady has to slow down sometime.

Probably.

• Options
    Every Hawks game i've seen has been the OL getting beat bad. I blame them for the year Wilson is having.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Every Hawks game i've seen has been the OL getting beat bad. I blame them for the year Wilson is having.

at some point, he has to account for this at the line of scrimmage

brady has had a garbage line most of the year and they've adapted accordingly

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    After week 4 last year, even Pats fans were mumbling about it being Garrapolo time. Then they went on to win a superb owl.

• Options
    After week 4 last year, even Pats fans were mumbling about it being Garrapolo time. Then they went on to win a superb owl.

i don't remember this at all you are a liar what are you talking about you crazy person

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Some offensive schemes can make up for subpar lines. Case in point Eli Manning this year and especially last year playing behind a terrible o line but putting up decent numbers. It won't translate to wins, especially with a bad defense but it can severely limit the amount of quarterback murder going on every Sunday.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    oops wrong sport

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    In Brock we trust.
    I'm scared.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    In Brock we trust.
    I'm scared.

Hey, all he has to do is outplay Cutler, right?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Yeah, the infamous 2-2 and "IS BRADY DONE?" epidemic that's referenced every single time he has a decent game this year.

Yes, Chris Collinsworth, we fucking remember it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    As a side note, I really despise games Collinsworth announces. You can tell which team he's rooting for because he always has to interject those smarmy ass comments that he does so well.

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    As a side note, I really despise games Collinsworth announces. You can tell which team he's rooting for because he always has to interject those smarmy ass comments that he does so well.

A while ago I started muting all games Collinsworth announced. It was a remarkable improvement.

• Options
    i don't know why, but collinsworth has kinda grown on me the last two seasons

maybe it's just his overt smugness is becoming self-referential almost i dunno

but i mean, he's so much better than sims and aikman and pretty much every other color guy

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i always think its weird when people think announcers are rooting against their team

it always seems, to me, like phil simms and collinsworth love the pats

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i always think its weird when people think announcers are rooting against their team

Phil Simms, I agree with.

And it's not just my team. Watch a neutral game when he announces. I can't remember what game he was announcing, but said something to the effect of "and that's their starter!" when they brought up some pretty miserable stats.

What a dick.

• Options
    They need to bring back a half crocked John Madden to announce again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would watch football with John Madden all Sunday long.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    You see, when a mommy bucket loves a daddy bucket very much...

And for those of you with a 5.1 sound system, just turn the center channel down. All the crowd and field noise, none of the shitty announcers.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    y2jake215 wrote: »

You didn't experience Suh's tenure on the Lions

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I changed the thread title in week 3 or 4. Good to see I don't have to update it at the midseason mark. Hell, it might last the whole season at this rate.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Osweiler time!!

• Options
    The guy in the next room is a vocal Dallas fan. I figure I don't have to watch to know how the game is going.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Not looking like yorkety sax day early.

• Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Not looking like yorkety sax day early.

this is what happens
    learn your lesson well

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!