As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Options
    GoldenHawkGoldenHawk Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, it was definitely a hoot. Who knew jumping puzzles were so hilarious?

(Turns out the secret is making sure you are invisible when you jump.)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    GoldenHawk wrote: »

also everyone throwing grenades

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Raid hand cannon with firefly or raid hand cannon with life steal? Decisions, decisions!

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Some srs thoughts on NLB returning:
    They've probably fixed the exploits in regards to skipping the "cocking" animation. This is good news because they might make it actually a good gun now(probably wishful thinking but...).

I hope proccing The Master perk is buffed. IMO getting a headshot should give you one free bodyshot kill. Otherwise the perk is kinda useless. Considering the TTK of most exotic primaries, it only seems fair after the lengthy cocking process(heh). In most situations, missing a headshot will kill you, especially 1v1. The risk needs to match the rewards in this case; it's considered a joke weapon because it feels like suicide going against anyone using a Last Word, Nirwens, Red Death, or basically anything else because of the risk involved. I just wanna see...

What's gonna happen?
    Honestly I'd rather see the sights improved before the buff. Those sights are fucking awful.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Hey, at least no one shoulder charged their teammates off any cliffs. I hear you'd have to be a real jerk to do that....

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Heh, that reminds me of a pet peeve that I've been developing this week in the Insanity Bin. I've been running it as bladedancer because stealth helps to equalize my terrible light level (I started it just over 280 on my ranger) by letting me ambush people (also arc blade is really nuts on some maps). But then people start trying to charge right through me as I crouch down to cloak. And move me. And reset the cloaking timer.

It's harmless and completely aggravating because it happens so very much.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    Raid hand cannon with firefly or raid hand cannon with life steal? Decisions, decisions!

You'll have enough time to think it over during the reload animation on them.

Oryx keeps on not giving me any weapons or helmets, soon I probably wont care about them, great system bungie.

Your shit loot system does not make me want to play more, it makes me want to play less.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Just had the IB handcannon drop with outlaw and luck in the chamber on it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    They've probably fixed the exploits in regards to skipping the "cocking" animation. This is good news because they might make it actually a good gun now(probably wishful thinking but...).

I hope proccing The Master perk is buffed. IMO getting a headshot should give you one free bodyshot kill. Otherwise the perk is kinda useless. Considering the TTK of most exotic primaries, it only seems fair after the lengthy cocking process(heh). In most situations, missing a headshot will kill you, especially 1v1. The risk needs to match the rewards in this case; it's considered a joke weapon because it feels like suicide going against anyone using a Last Word, Nirwens, Red Death, or basically anything else because of the risk involved. I just wanna see...

What's gonna happen?
    Honestly I'd rather see the sights improved before the buff. Those sights are fucking awful.

Disagree! I love the iron sight on it

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    mostly successful raid. I can spec 300 light now so that's pretty cool

we got to oryx but just didn't have the DPS to get it done

What's oryx's light level? I don't recall any issues when I ran it with my <300 warlock.

Recfomended light 300

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

What's gonna happen?

It WOULD be nice if the sights didn't go invisible when you did as a hunter though...

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so anyone wanna knock out oryx tomorrow afternoon or evening on xbone?

might as well utilize this checkpoint

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

lets do it now chanus

Right now

We will defeat oryx Australian style

• Options
    skyknyt wrote: »

What's gonna happen?

It WOULD be nice if the sights didn't go invisible when you did as a hunter though...

I never use invis online since it goes against my playstyle, which is "rambo until I die, rinse, repeat"

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If I'm IB level 5, now the full loot table is open as post match drops right?

Can I get the helmet if I'm lucky enough is my question

Arch on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    LMAO.

Turn in some bounties in the tower. Got to rank 5 and received the rank 5 package. The package only contained a Ghost Shell and I was like 'WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME!'

Went into orbit and the game like 'oh, yeah, here's your 313 IB helm too'

it's a shame the Titan IB Greaves is sooo....bland.

Argh, now the hardest part of the game is choosing between the IB helm or the Trials Helm....

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Yeah some lucky peeps have gotten the helms already. I haven't done any IB at all this week because of Battlefront but I might hop in tonight and try to power level up.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Hey, at least no one shoulder charged their teammates off any cliffs. I hear you'd have to be a real jerk to do that....
    Shoulder charge someone off a cliff one six times and they never let it go...

I'm in. What time?

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

Depending on the time I can help out.

Just don't expect me to be relic runner cause I'll, most definitely, fuck it up.

• Options
    Yeah some lucky peeps have gotten the helms already. I haven't done any IB at all this week because of Battlefront but I might hop in tonight and try to power level up.

I got the hunter helm. Bad roll, but looks cool!

• Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I like how their announcement regarding exotics being added was (per usual) a little off. But that's cool, more is definitely better.

I don't know if it's a case of one hand not knowing what another is doing or they really just don't know what they're doing tomorrow but it's really weird

From the BWU yesterday:
    Bungie wrote:
    We’re infusing loot tables with some more gold to mine from your action. Two of them are exclusive to Year Two. Others are weapons and armor from Year One that have been upgraded to keep pace with your Level 40 character. A couple of those Year One reprisals might even have some new surprises tucked away in their talent trees.

You’ll start earning them in the places where Exotics get earned after we deploy the December Update. They might also appear in your Kiosk, if you’ve earned the right to spend Marks on them. If you want to see which ones have been chosen, we’ll be decrypting images of them where images thrive: Instagram.

Follow https://instagram.com/destinythegame and wait for the parade of reveals. Signs point to tomorrow.

The only number they confirmed was 2x Y2 exotics, of which we've seen one: the ATS/8 Tarantella. =)

Did they edit it since yesterday? I could have sworn there was a "6 total, 2 new" mention somewhere. Am I crazy? Does anyone else remember that?

I don't know if the bot in the DTG sub-reddit updates posts after the fact or if we could consider that an archived version of the original post, but it shows the same thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3tiaa9/bungie_weekly_update_11192015/

I was distracted by HM Oryx when I first read it, so I can't say with any certainty if it was changed.

I can, however, say with certainty that you're pretty crazy. <3

Someone at some point must have said "6 total, 2 new", otherwise I don't think myself, Dodge, Vagabond, etc... would all be confused by them revealing far more than 6 total. It may have been a tweet or it may have just been another forumer, but someone must have said it at some point.

maybe it's like one of those mass hysteria things where all the girls in an african village pass out at the same time each day

Yeah, as @Vanguard correctly pointed out, I was the "six exotics, two of them new" guy. There was some poorly worded text on Polygon (shocker!) that put that thought into my mind, and even after reading and posting the official link, I guess it just stuck.

But hey, wasn't everybody happy when the exotics kept coming? Yes you were! You're all so very welcome!

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I'm in. What time?

I'm thinking like 2:00-4:00ish EST for a start

Chanus on
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

lets do it now chanus

Right now

if I were home and not out drinking beers and watching sports at the moment I would have been totally down for it

• Options
    edited November 2015

Depending on the time I can help out.

Just don't expect me to be relic runner cause I'll, most definitely, fuck it up.

so I got chosen on the sisters today

missed the first jump and basically just jumped off the platform into nothingness

I dunno how you could do worse :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    Guys....

My Guradian looks....

AMAZING

Screenshot-Original_zpscvvkrfjq.png

• Options
    That's pretty baller. You look like a Tron knight.

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Good ib games with the pA group. I'm awful using storm trance. Like overall tonight my kd was around 2. But while supering it was like .5

Just non stop 0 kills and trades.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Maybe need to use it with teammates in 6v6 instead of trying to heavy steal

My issue with stormtrance is that I frequently find my lightning will stop abruptly as I pursue people.

Also, I suck at hammer broing.

These new classes are not my strong suit.

A couple of tips from an amateur Palpatine:

1) The perk that increases electrucute duration when activated with full melee and grenade help a lot as does teleport.

2) You have to be facing your opponent pretty directly. It's easy to glide past them, at which point you stop zapping.

3) Not sure if this is intentional, but if you're holding down the trigger when you teleport you won't come out of the teleport electrocuting. Make sure you let go of the trigger and repull the trigger after a teleport or let go before teleporting. It seems like teleportation makes the game forget you were zapping.

Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Had a lot of fun bannering with PA today, even though Clash is utter garbo and I played awful.

Acquired FIVE 310 Banner Ghosts, along with a variety of armor pieces (full IB Titan gear) and the IB AR and Sniper (both of which seem like infusion mats and nothing more). Oh oh oh and I got Hebridiean Thoughtcrime.

• Options

lets do it now chanus

Right now

if I were home and not out drinking beers and watching sports at the moment I would have been totally down for it

You will never know the mysterious Australian style of playing destiny with this attitude

• Options

lets do it now chanus

Right now

You will never know the mysterious Australian style of playing destiny with this attitude

oryx flies in with his sword and an aussie hunter hits him with a throwing knife

confidently, he declares, "that's not a knoife. this is a knoife"

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Boy, I sure do like this armor with this shader, but I wish I had the helm to match:
    CUZTSuDWIAAG-B9.jpg

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Also, sorry to @GMaster7 for ignoring your invite. I was picking up dinner and had left the PS4 logged in.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh Xur, how you tempt me... Dare I burn a hefty amount of Strange Coins again in a vain attempt to complete my Y1 exotic weapons collection? Or will you troll me once again with more Word of Lolves?

<_<

@Erevar I bought a Legacy Special. The allure of "COMPLETE COLLECTION" was too strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

Apparently what I needed was a shard and to keep wanting completion.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited November 2015
    Or learn about their cuisine!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Holy crap this game is a pissy bitch. I don't play for a few weeks cause real life took over, I'm sorry, ok?! Doesn't mean when I come back for some IB after a break its ok to screw with me.

First match at LL 292 I do pretty darn good, we win, groups get broken up. That's cool. What's not cool is getting teamed up with pubs that are apparently using the controller with their nostrils and then, after getting rolled, handing the dude that went 5-18, then 5-19, consecutive IB armor drops! After ending up with five medallions I get put into another match, we win, guess what? Teams get broken up for a better match! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYIQUIT

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Bungie's comments on Raid Matchmaking make me really regret buying this game for my brother for Christmas. There is not a chance in hell either of us are ever going to perform a raid, ever. And Warhammer Vermintide is right there with all the matchmaking in the world. And if Raids really require all this logistics and planning, then raids shouldn't be this obtuse in the first place.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Bungie's comments on Raid Matchmaking make me really regret buying this game for my brother for Christmas. There is not a chance in hell either of us are ever going to perform a raid, ever. And Warhammer Vermintide is right there with all the matchmaking in the world. And if Raids really require all this logistics and planning, then raids shouldn't be this obtuse in the first place.

Luckily this isn't Year One Destiny so the non-raid content is actually worthwhile!

• Options

lets do it now chanus

Right now

oryx flies in with his sword and an aussie hunter hits him with a throwing knife

confidently, he declares, "that's not a knoife. this is a knoife"

Maybe we could get Australian pro tips. You know, didgereedoos and didgereedonts.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Just got trapped on the reward screen after a win. I could flip between the screens (like the tower vault trap) but couldn't leave. Tokens didn't cash in. Win wasn't added to the bounty. Woot?

Edit: And another round were I go on a 5 death spiral because the game spawns me with bullets already flying at my head over-and-over again. Apologies for the venting, but jeebus does this ever drive me nuts.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Finally got the HM shader!
    ebamhg.png
    np2he8.png
    The Crucible armor set looks pretty fly with it