As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Speedrunning through the [Trans Thread] in less than twelve parsecs

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I personally like being called Core or Corehealer or Sarah in addition to my RL name. But I try to ask people when in a voice chat what they want me to call them beyond just their usernames.

Pretty much Albino to everyone who I chat to online.

One guy I used to chat with liked to insist on using my real name mostly because I made a point of not telling people it normally and he seemed to enjoy the novelty and awkwardness it made me feel.

Shockingly don't really chat to him much these days.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    At this point I've been called Whippy for just as long and longer than the other two names I've had in my life

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    At this point I've been called Whippy for just as long and longer than the other two names I've had in my life

and your clone has only ever known the name whiippy

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know why but I still usually call people on Facebook by their forum handles if this is where I met them first. The exceptions to this tend to be those from the SE++ Minecraft group. Most of them get called by their actual names

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i just realized i've been using some variation of Melding for damn near 14 years.

god i'm a huge nerd.

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    More people know me by my fursona name than my given name. I actually prefer it since it's bordering on gender neutral, but leaning in the right direction.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    it's a natural extension of the internet age, I think

most of my social interaction is online, so in some ways "teedot" sounds more natural to me than "mike" at this point

that fact that we decided on using first names when doing TWA is starting to turn that around somewhat, but only to a point

edit: in short

https://youtu.be/Y-nioFKQGy4

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I've been pimento for 17 years now. Next year my alias will be old enough to drink.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    it's a natural extension of the internet age, I think

most of my social interaction is online, so in some ways "teedot" sounds more natural to me than "mike" at this point

that fact that we decided on using first names when doing TWA is starting to turn that around somewhat, but only to a point

edit: in short

https://youtu.be/Y-nioFKQGy4

I respond to both pretty readily

also:

the words "Chintzy" and "Exactly" are the bane of my existence

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    I've been pimento for 17 years now. Next year my alias will be old enough to drink.

I have used hawkstone as an online handle since I was 15 so yeah 20 years. I was actually bummed when I switched from Xbox 360 to ps4 and it was already taken on psn. I am so used to it even if it is a tad masculine sounding for my current headspace.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Ladyhawkstone

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I like being called smof. I enjoy the genderlessness of it and it feels more uniquely me as I made it myself. But it still feels weird using it around non internet folks.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I remember I made my first Everquest character in January of 2000, and I was disappointed that Darmak was already taken. I think I'd been using it for a few years prior to that? So I started using it since maybe 1997-1998? I don't know exactly

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Ladyhawkstone

Hmmmm...wonder if PSN will ever allow name changes.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I have used hawkstone as an online handle since I was 15 so yeah 20 years. I was actually bummed when I switched from Xbox 360 to ps4 and it was already taken on psn. I am so used to it even if it is a tad masculine sounding for my current headspace.

Yea, 'pimento' is taken on a disappointingly common basis for online services requiring unique usernames. I have the twitter, but that's about it.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I remember some time ago someone contacting me on MSN, convinced that I stole his unique online name that I was using for my hotmail account (that was linked to my MSN chat thing). I had to calmly explain to him that I'd been using it since highschool, several years beforehand, as well as a listing of how unique it wasn't.

Guy was miffed and disappointed. I can understand it, though.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Ohh, I feel like a huge asshole, but that feeling has betrayed me before, so here goes.

If I developed a treatment (nanomachines, gene therapy, whatever) that would turn the whole reproductive system from one sex to the other, would trans people be interested in using it?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    are you confessing to being a wizard

• Options
    I can not speak for any other but i can say for myself, yes. yes i would.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Heck, non-trans people would want to use it too. Or at least I would!

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Heck, non-trans people would want to use it too. Or at least I would!

http://i.imgur.com/7bfvOzZ.gif

that image comes off as increasingly lewd. also, hilarious.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I love that gif. Baby elephants are the literal absolute best.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'd use it out of curiosity mostly, so long as it was possible to change back at will.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I'd use it out of curiosity mostly, so long as it was possible to change back at will.

what if it was less of an undo and more a redo? things might not return as they were.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

what if it was less of an undo and more a redo? things might not return as they were.

I'd be fine with that so long as the basics were kept intact. Red hair, blue eyes, freckled skin. I want people to still recognize me even if everything isn't 100%. The exact looks are unimportant.

• Options
    Ideally though if that transformation thing could put me in a body with no biological sex or gender attributes at all that'd be peachy keen.

• Options
    Ideally though if that transformation thing could put me in a body with no biological sex or gender attributes at all that'd be peachy keen.

friend, let me tell you about the Illuminati's space program.

No wait, that's the reverse of that.

nevermind.

I said Nothing.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Amen, sibling. I fantasize about this happening to me too, actually. Well, actually, I want a robot body, because among other things I find moral issue with eating, but otherwise, gimme that nonsexual existence.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options

nevermind.

I said Nothing.

If you're talking about putting my brain in a spaceship I'd just like to mention that I sing really badly. So think about whether or not you want aliens to meet the ship that sang mangled metal songs.

• Options

nevermind.

I said Nothing.

If you're talking about putting my brain in a spaceship I'd just like to mention that I sing really badly. So think about whether or not you want aliens to meet the ship that sang mangled metal songs.

no, from what i remember the one world government is trying to breed a near hermaphroditic human species so that they don't have to send men and women into space they just have to send they new dual sexed humans into space to populate the planets. cost efficiency, somehow.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

nevermind.

I said Nothing.

no, from what i remember the one world government is trying to breed a near hermaphroditic human species so that they don't have to send men and women into space they just have to send they new dual sexed humans into space to populate the planets. cost efficiency, somehow.

sign me up

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

nevermind.

I said Nothing.

sign me up

alright, but first we just got to complete like, 7 different genocides and also get stem cell researched passes.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    well that just sounds like a lot of effort for space sex

• Options
    space sex isn't free, it's paid with folks like you and me.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I'd be down for gay space sex, no need for all that work.

just put me and the boyfriend in space sex suits, fire us into orbit and we'll do all the testing they need

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    why put all that effort in

lesbian space cruises are in

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    listen, i'm think you're all focusing on the wrong part of this. and not the horrible human experimentation to get a human like creature in space to reproduce beyond the stars.

• Options
    are we talking about like an avatar scenario here is that what's going on

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I haven't seen that movie and have no idea what it's about but I'm pretty sure it's about fucking space aliens in space

Whippy on
  • Options
    no, it's pocahontas but blue aliens instead.

What i'm talking about is a selective breeding program run by the shadow government to breed a single sexed space travel ready human to survive beyond earth.

This discussion has been closed.