As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

• Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    So this NPC bastard stole my boxing gloves... Well, it was more like I gave them to him and he ran off clearly ignoring proper RPG decorum where generosity to NPCs is always rewarded with phat loot. So, he better show up later and give me something, that’s all I'm saying...

I have online class tonight so I have a few hours to make Contact if any of my un-contacted group 3 brethren are about... or anyone else for that matter. Maybe I can get more boxing gloves!

I want my boxing gloves... :cry:

Um... [spoiler:4b62f76f5f]I got a super hardcore hammer[/spoiler:4b62f76f5f]

What's your karma level?

There was another guy in the same town who game me a [spoiler:4b62f76f5f]badass toy clown hammer for my old and busted regular hammer.[/spoiler:4b62f76f5f] Now that's how a NPC should behave! Was that the guy you were refering to?

Also, I'm having a bit of confusion on the thief outfit. [spoiler:4b62f76f5f]I know I need to get that bird to drop that piece of paper. Do I need to catch it, or does it drop to the ground outside the temple and I go fetch it.[/spoiler:4b62f76f5f]

Pseudonym on
    Animal Crossing Wii: Kelly in Boomtown
    1934-4237-4812
    Fruit: Peaches, perhaps coconuts soon too!
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Note: Be evil, seriously, I'm killing store vendors left and right, and everyone else really and getting items I would never of gotten.

A couple recipes, some Blue volumes and store venders drop items they sell.

And oddly enough geeks drop games...

(Who needs karma anyways? ;3)

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Note: Be evil, seriously, I'm killing store vendors left and right, and everyone else really and getting items I would never of gotten.

I heard there was a girl to woo who likes [spoiler:eaf5371a34]"bad boys". I think when I get to her Terry's going to misplace his morals for a little bit.[/spoiler:eaf5371a34]

Pseudonym on
    1934-4237-4812
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Pseudonym wrote:

I heard there was a girl to woo who likes [spoiler:6eec6cb344]"bad boys". I think when I get to her Terry's going to misplace his morals for a little bit.[/spoiler:6eec6cb344]

Yeah about that, uh, can she like you when you're evil enough? Cause so far giving her games isnt making a heart appear.

Oh yeah, common knowledge but I did it anyones, killing a gal like her makes them hate you, forever.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Pseudonym wrote:

I heard there was a girl to woo who likes [spoiler:bf62bc774a]"bad boys". I think when I get to her Terry's going to misplace his morals for a little bit.[/spoiler:bf62bc774a]

Yeah about that, uh, can she like you when you're evil enough? Cause so far giving her games isnt making a heart appear.

Oh yeah, common knowledge but I did it anyones, killing a gal like her makes them hate you, forever.
    Your karma needs to be at about -30 or so. That's negative thirty.

Taya on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Anyone wanna do the WiFi thang?

Sheep on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, I just gave some lady like, six different items to make breakfast. And she runs off without giving me anything.

Fuck you, lady.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    So, I just gave some lady like, six different items to make breakfast. And she runs off without giving me anything.

Fuck you, lady.
    Yeah I hate that lady.

And I'm one of the people who got my boxing gloves stolen by that guy too.

Taya on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Same here. I suppose it's punishment for wanting to talk to every npc ever or something.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Wait that one breakfest woman jips you?
    Oh... for that I'm gonna kill her a few times.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

What lady? Also, where is the boxing glove?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

She's walking around in the cafe in Caldoaxa Ruins.

I got Boxing Gloves from someone on Wifi Island. I don't know if you can get them somewhere else.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

I got Boxing Gloves from someone on Wifi Island. I don't know if you can get them somewhere else.

Question about that, I'm trying to conenct with a friend, but have no idea how.

;___;

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

;___;
    First make sure you both have entered each others friends codes.

When you load up the game and press F3 to get to Contact, the first option will be Connect to WiFi or something... press that.

When you're both connected, you'll see your friend's name. Select it to initiate contact. When they accept, wait while the game saves and disconnects.

Go into your game and go to Wifi Island to meet that person.

That's all. No fuss, no pain.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

;___;

When you load up the game and press F3 to get to Contact, the first option will be Connect to WiFi or something... press that.

When you're both connected, you'll see your friend's name. Select it to initiate contact. When they accept, wait while the game saves and disconnects.

Oye, I can't connect via the WiFi thing, that requires an internet connection, and when I invited a friend and accepted him it says we were friends and lists him on my friend list, but alas, theres no wifi island.

I also donthave a friend code because I've never connected via wifi or whatever.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

;___;

Oye, I can't connect via the WiFi thing, that requires an internet connection, and when I invited a friend and accepted him it says we were friends and lists him on my friend list, but alas, theres no wifi island.

I also donthave a friend code because I've never connected via wifi or whatever.

Ohhhh you mean local connection? Sorry, I really don't know anything about that. It's probably in the instruction booklet though.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Also, when I get the lockpicking skill, it says that it is always active. Does this mean that I dont have to wear the ShadowThief to lockpick?

Sheep on
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sleep wrote:
    Also, when I get the lockpicking skill, it says that it is always active. Does this mean that I dont have to wear the ShadowThief to lockpick?

I believe each of the always active skills requires you to be wearing that suit.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Fuck you, lady.

;___;

Ohhhh you mean local connection? Sorry, I really don't know anything about that. It's probably in the instruction booklet though.
    Rarrgh, if only the booklet was more instruction manual and less journal.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    RavenlockRavenlock Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:

I had the same problem when trying to do local - we connected, it said it was successful, but on his DS (which hadn't gone online yet) no WiFi Island showed up. I already had WiFi Island, but he didn't appear on it. After we both connected and did it over WiFi, it worked fine for both of us.

Unfortunately I don't know whether that means local connections are (1) broken, (2) useless, or (3) misunderstood. :(

Ravenlock on
    Steam ID: Ravenlock
    XBL / GFWL Gamertag: Ravenlock80
    Wii System Code: 3019 1654 2730 1955
    <Whore> Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast! </Whore>
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ravenlock wrote:
    Taya wrote:

I had the same problem when trying to do local - we connected, it said it was successful, but on his DS (which hadn't gone online yet) no WiFi Island showed up. I already had WiFi Island, but he didn't appear on it. After we both connected and did it over WiFi, it worked fine for both of us.

Unfortunately I don't know whether that means local connections are (1) broken, (2) useless, or (3) misunderstood. :(

Yeah, apparently it seems so. Unless well... did your friend ever connect to Wifi first and get a friend code?

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ravenlock wrote:
    Taya wrote:

Yeah, I did local connection with a friend (which means I deleted someone but I can't remember who, sorry) and wifisland didn't appear for him and he didn't show up on my island either. I am lead to believe it's a cross between broken and useless.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ravenlock wrote:

Yeah, apparently it seems so. Unless well... did your friend ever connect to Wifi first and get a friend code?

Yup, he had a friend code. I hadn't entered it into my friend list yet, though, because we decided we'd try the local thing.

Still didn't work until we "made contact" online over WiFi. :(

Ravenlock on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ravenlock wrote:
    Ravenlock wrote:

Yup, he had a friend code. I hadn't entered it into my friend list yet, though, because we decided we'd try the local thing.

Still didn't work until we "made contact" online over WiFi. :(
    Hrm, I didn't have mine, but my friend had the wifi island and did connect with another friend over direct connect I think.

Ah well, guess I'll have to find an access point somewhere.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God-Jesus wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Information is sktechy at the moment, and it's nearly a month before release. My fear is that this will get totally ignored by the big press.

The devs had said it's more like a collection of minigames with combat connecting them all. But hands-on articles suggest its fairly combat-intensive.

I'm just in it for the parody and humor. Body Shot is described as "Go Straight for the Liver!"

What Atlus game hasn't?

Pretty much all they do is churn out cult classics.

Am i the only one who knows what a body shot is?

let me tell you, they DO go straight to the liver.

Take a shot from betwixt some boobage

Edit - add me to your list and PM me with yours!!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Am i the only one who knows what a body shot is?

let me tell you, they DO go straight to the liver.

Take a shot from betwixt some boobage

Edit - add me to your list and PM me with yours!!

For Friend Codes, you'll be wanting the Wiki page dedicated specifically to that purpose. Go add yourself to whatever the latest group is.

A lot of us have already maxed out at 8 friends, but I imagine some folks will be willing to kick people off their Wifi Islands to add you instead, since adding people seems to only give a one-time bonus anyhow.

Ravenlock on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    .... my DS changed the contact friend code.. does it do that often?

anyways, added myself to the group 5 roster.
    now they just need to add me

Mighty on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So i am wondering, what exactly is the point of the mochi summon sticker? he never does anything. he just runs up, licks his balls, and runs away.

the MOST i have ever seen, is 1 damage

is because i don't pet him enough after i save?

Oh man oh man oh man,

do yourself a favour...

[spoiler:c05f5f4791] go to the airport in fort eagle [/spoiler:c05f5f4791]

Mighty on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So i am wondering, what exactly is the point of the mochi summon sticker? he never does anything. he just runs up, licks his balls, and runs away.

Yes, pet him tons! Before you know it he will be doing hundreds in damage. [spoiler:9a47f2eedd]I've also seen him stun a boss.[/spoiler:9a47f2eedd] That's nice too.

Pseudonym on
    1934-4237-4812
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Pseudonym wrote:

Yes, pet him tons! Before you know it he will be doing hundreds in damage. [spoiler:f33a47ff08]I've also seen him stun a boss.[/spoiler:f33a47ff08] That's nice too.
    Yeah, Mochi single-handedly saved me from multiple bosses early in the game. His damage capped out pretty quick though. By the end of the game I would be praying for the stun, though 200 damage is still nothing to laugh at.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just updated the Wiki for my stuffs. Group 5 dudes, please send me a PM when you can Contact me. If not this weekend, it'll have to wait 'til next.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just got this game today :D

Wow, that was certainly one of the best game intros ever.

Lemming on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Same here. I suppose it's punishment for wanting to talk to every npc ever or something.

Reminds me of the hell Itoi put completists through in Earthbound's desert.

[spoiler:b94f73d0a5]Oh God, why was I so sympathetic for the sesame seed?[/spoiler:b94f73d0a5]

Rust on
  • Options
    BelenusBelenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

She gave me 5000 bucks. Combined with the 10000 I got from Copper for the masamune, I doubt I'll ever need money again.

Belenus on
    Contact Friend Code: 4038.0854.4554
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I got all the money I could ever want by killing people and I didn't have to sacrifice my masamune. Killing people, seriously. It's worth it.

Taya on
  • Options
    BelenusBelenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    I got all the money I could ever want by killing people and I didn't have to sacrifice my masamune. Killing people, seriously. It's worth it.

I...don't wanna kill people. :(

Really, the only thing she needed that was uncommon was the egg, which I didn't see any of until I reached Habara island. The rest of the stuff could be gotten pretty much all over.

I traded in the masamune because I never use swords. I realized if I concentrate on more than one thing, I'll never have any skill reach a decent level. Been specializing in fists, personally. Although it's still taking forever. I'll probably just go ahead and beat the game pretty soon.

Belenus on
    Contact Friend Code: 4038.0854.4554
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Belenus wrote:
    Taya wrote:

Ditto.

I've always been AGAINST needless homicide whenever possible.

And dammit, my brower keeps 1.5-spacing the post boxes. It's vexing.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You have to kill people if...
    [spoiler:508ba09914]you want to make the video game girl become your girlfriend. She loves bad boys so you need -30 or so karma for her to like you.[/spoiler:508ba09914]

Taya on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Rust wrote:
    Belenus wrote:
    Taya wrote:

Ditto.

I've always been AGAINST needless homicide whenever possible.

And dammit, my brower keeps 1.5-spacing the post boxes. It's vexing.
    I would like to agree with you, but killing people on Contact is honestly for the best. Lots of money, some recipees, some food, some weapons. All of the Blue Eyes series, for collectors out there.

Though, for all I know, it could change the ending or something. Either way, I was satisfied with the ending I got.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Tip: Best weapon in the game is a hammer.

Xanathus on