As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I got my Commander tag (AKA Dorito, AKA Taco, AKA Chevron) last night. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Personally, I'm waiting until they get it fixed. It is waaaaaay to long to repeat.

Wise words.

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    This is tempting me to come up with the worst fashion combinations possible. Like, the default armor skins in terrible bland dirt color combinations, weaponized specifically to offend Corrigan. :D

In some game modes, they normalize the avatars and costumes to look "generic" so that there isn't an advantage in PvP combat. I wonder if they can make a filter for Corrigan that makes everyone into a pretty princess.

Sharkey's simple guide on how to irk fashionistas in-game:

1) Equip an outfit.
    2) Paint it all black.
    3) That is it

As an alternative route that works on a much wider audience, you can equip a Quip.

Heh.

eQuip.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    What's the cheapest Ascended backpiece that I can get with either Carrion or Rampager's stats? Or Celestial is fine too, I guess.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    What's the cheapest Ascended backpiece that I can get with either Carrion or Rampager's stats? Or Celestial is fine too, I guess.
    According to this spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rg9kYaV-YZ0qARJf1t8tR7Y5Ps73FwuEAdBrs17VCz8/edit#gid=901788735

It's Mawdrey? That doesn't sound right. :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

"Cheapest" doesn't seem to apply here. At least, what I found points to backpieces like the X Tempered Spinal Blades, or Mawdrey, or those new Order pieces. Most of them do Rampager's or Celestial; Carrion seems to not be an option.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Is the final Mordremoth fight in your Story bugged ? The
    portal kept spawning off the island for me, out in the air so I couldn't activate it.

You have 1 shot. If you die the instance bugs in this manner.
    Spoilered to be safe:
    Just die again and retry. Remember to not reenter the platform until the he finishes the updraft move. Give it a good 10-20 seconds.

edited November 2015

"Cheapest" doesn't seem to apply here. At least, what I found points to backpieces like the X Tempered Spinal Blades, or Mawdrey, or those new Order pieces. Most of them do Rampager's or Celestial; Carrion seems to not be an option.
    The new Order backpieces are "cheap", but the collections require you to have really high Maguuma masteries and grinding of HoT currencies. The Fractal backpiece is also "cheap", but requires a lot of Fractal relics.

What is the primary reason you want an Ascended Backpiece? If you need another agony infusion slot, then Mawdrey will probably be the cheapest one (since it has a cheaper infusion cost). If you just need the stats, I guess it comes down to what you are willing to grind: Cash (Quiver of 1000 Arrows, There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s Tale), HoT Masteries and Currency (the new Order ones), Fractals, or Living Story Season 2 and a huge-ass scavenger hunt (Mawdrey).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png

The new Order backpieces are "cheap", but the collections require you to have really high Maguuma masteries and grinding of HoT currencies. The Fractal backpiece is also "cheap", but requires a lot of Fractal relics.

What is the primary reason you want an Ascended Backpiece? If you need another agony infusion slot, then Mawdrey will probably be the cheapest one (since it has a cheaper infusion cost). If you just need the stats, I guess it comes down to what you are willing to grind: Cash (Quiver of 1000 Arrows, There and Back Again: Yakkington's Tale), HoT Masteries and Currency (the new Order ones), Fractals, or Living Story Season 2 and a huge-ass scavenger hunt (Mawdrey).

I just need a different stat setup for raids. I currently have a Soldier's backpiece, I want Carrion or Rampager's. Or hell, Celestial.

• Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    I will admit to using a celestial Mawdrey on my otherwise condition-geared engineer. The increase in stat points in celestial seems unusually high for backpieces compared to other equipment

The cheapest ascended rampager's backpack is probably this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/There_with_Yakkington:_A_Traveler's_Tale, provided that you happen to have a vial of mist essence

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I will admit to using a celestial Mawdrey on my otherwise condition-geared engineer. The increase in stat points in celestial seems unusually high for backpieces compared to other equipment

The cheapest ascended rampager's backpack is probably this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/There_with_Yakkington:_A_Traveler's_Tale, provided that you happen to have a vial of mist essence

Also, if you still need Koss on Koss for Style Guide, Yakkington has the same skin and counts for the collection.

But really, they need to start adding new stat combos for backpieces.

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2015
    Alternatively, if you do a lot of fractals and have a couple spare ascended pieces you're willing to burn, Finite Result the first step for the legendary backpiece, is ascended, and other than the Stabilized Dark Energy, is fairly inexpensive to make compared to other back items.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Alternatively, if you do a lot of fractals and have a couple spare ascended pieces you're willing to burn, Finite Result the first step for the legendary backpiece, is ascended, and other than the Stabilized Dark Energy, is fairly inexpensive to make compared to other back items.

... Actually, I DID just burn two Ascended pieces. It's a long story. But I have I think two globs of Dark Matter... hmmm

edited November 2015
    You know that trick to convert karma into cloth to sell on the TP?

It's now more profitable to do leather instead. Rugged sections sell for 2s more than linen scrap, and thin is almost twice the price of wool.

My guess this is because not only do you need leather for Insignias now, ALL Tier 1 weapons for Legendary Precursor crafting use a Legendary Inscription, which takes 10 Elonian Leather to craft.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    I started the collection for Ad Infinitum (which is indicative of the time it'd take me to finish it, methinks- ha, ha, ha) so I wanna know a few things.

Do I need any of the fractal-related masteries in order to complete this?

I have a stack of those infusions that drop when doing fractals. How do I upgrade those?

I'm hoping to do more fractals now that I have this long-term goal. I figure I better start thinking about getting ascended gear for my engineer.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanks to a guild fractal run, I was able to get the pact commander mastery completely done. So I have auto loot now. I guess now I can focus on maxing at fractal mastery, which I have at lvl two before finishing off the crafting mastery, which is either at lvl 1 or 2 (I really can't remember). Granted, I probably should work on HoT mastery stuff too, just to take a break from Tyria stuff because I don't think I really have that much in the way of easy mastery stuff. I really should buy the season two pack at some point, since that'll give me access to 8 more points.

I should also really get the mawdrey to reduce my bloodstone dust stacks. I really doubt I need 12+ full stacks of it.

I started the collection for Ad Infinitum (which is indicative of the time it'd take me to finish it, methinks- ha, ha, ha) so I wanna know a few things.

I have a stack of those infusions that drop when doing fractals. How do I upgrade those?

I'm hoping to do more fractals now that I have this long-term goal. I figure I better start thinking about getting ascended gear for my engineer.

Technically, no (at least, not for the first collection), but having the first fractal mastery means you can do two fractal dailies (which rewards an item you need 28 of for each step) a day, letting you complete the collection(s) faster.

Artificers upgrade those infusions by combining 2 infusions of the same level + 1 Thermocatalytic Reagent. You can figure out how many +1 infusions you need to make the infusion you want with the formula 2N-1 with N being the infusion you want (so a +10 infusion takes 29, or 512 +1 infusions) Also, I believe you have to use Discovery to craft the first one of each new level, and once you reach fractal Mastery 1, you get access to a vendor that will do much of the work for you (but only to specific infusion levels, and in bulk.)

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2015
    Mill wrote: »
    Thanks to a guild fractal run, I was able to get the pact commander mastery completely done. So I have auto loot now. I guess now I can focus on maxing at fractal mastery, which I have at lvl two before finishing off the crafting mastery, which is either at lvl 1 or 2 (I really can't remember). Granted, I probably should work on HoT mastery stuff too, just to take a break from Tyria stuff because I don't think I really have that much in the way of easy mastery stuff. I really should buy the season two pack at some point, since that'll give me access to 8 more points.

I should also really get the mawdrey to reduce my bloodstone dust stacks. I really doubt I need 12+ full stacks of it.

While I love my Mawdrey II, there is an achievment in Auric Basin, which, when completed, gives you an item that turns a full stack of dust into AB map currency and some vendor trash. Need a few HoT masteries for it (specifcally, Bouncing Shrooms and Exalted II, plus finished Chapter 8 of the main story), but should be faster than crafting Mawdrey from scratch.

Luckly, Dulfy has a guide on it

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    So last week there was no one for Saturday wuv reset - it seems like that may not be the best time? I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to have wuv after sunday missions. A lot of people will be there anyway to do those missions and we can just stick around afterwards. If you still want to do reset let me know though.

The switch to Sat reset has partly killed me becoming more active in gw2/wuv again. I am often double booked for RL stuff that night. Sundays I could make fairly often.

Getting close to new thread time, here! Exciting. :D Who is going to create the new one?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Technically, no (at least, not for the first collection), but having the first fractal mastery means you can do two fractal dailies (which rewards an item you need 28 of for each step) a day, letting you complete the collection(s) faster.

Artificers upgrade those infusions by combining 2 infusions of the same level + 1 Thermocatalytic Reagent. You can figure out how many +1 infusions you need to make the infusion you want with the formula 2N-1 with N being the infusion you want (so a +10 infusion takes 29, or 512 +1 infusions) Also, I believe you have to use Discovery to craft the first one of each new level, and once you reach fractal Mastery 1, you get access to a vendor that will do much of the work for you (but only to specific infusion levels, and in bulk.)

I've read that you don't want to craft more than a +3 because the vendor you can use to trade up week end up using fewer resources beyond that.

I was online for 2 hrs last night and didn't play the game at all.

Inventory management and fashion wars...

On the bright side my mesmer looks less slutty and my necro looks more magical.

Also, mesmer, necro, and guard are ready to head to the Maguuma jungle and collect hero points.

• KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Getting close to new thread time, here! Exciting. :D Who is going to create the new one?

The same person who always does, @Geod, our guild leader. He and I have been working on the new thread for several days now, getting it updated with more recent information. :)

Kylindra wrote: »

The same person who always does, Geod, our guild leader. He and I have been working on the new thread for several days now, getting it updated with more recent information. :)
    Oh, thank goodness. Some of that OP information was getting long in the tooth (the OP is a Charr? Huh). :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

I try to do the trading post thing, but I run into the "gotta have money to make money" problem most of the time. I also have a short attention span for it. I'm thinking I may burn the 800 gems I have on gold as soon as they announce the new wings and then see what i can do from there with the world bosses and gathering. I do enjoy the meta events in Maguuma but I always end up in a shitty zone. I'll try the LFG thing, too.

You can get started with just a couple gold - flip blue rings between levels 35-60, or blue/green weapons and armor from 1-60 with prefixes like vigorous, hearty, and hunter. You can get into the game with only a couple silver, and pretty rapidly see your 2 silver purchase of a Vigorous Staff turn into 30s, which buys 15 such staves, and turns into 3g, which.... you get it =)

Having money to make money really only applies to investing in large quantities of goods, or flipping expensive items like skins or high end dyes. Everyone can time and cash efficiently make some money (if you want to, and think it is fun).

Big thanks to @CorriganX and @naengwen for herding cats last night! Even though some cats were more special than others...

Herald unlocked, maybe halfway through it. Once that's done the only other 80 I have left is Guardian.

Eh, I might just do it at some point.

Speaking of Herald, last night made it quite clear that I don't know how to revenant. I don't even know how their mechanics work aside from switching legends. Is there a primer somewhere?

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Yes thanks for the run! Got Daredevil before I had a power outage.

Finished Dusk Collection 2 today and now I have to go around sucking up all the gloom and darkness around Tyria to place in my sword! Yay for expensive part being done.

edited November 2015
    A4dBLi9.jpg

That looks to be as good as I'm going to get it for now. I still need a condi backpiece and to fill out the rest of my Offensive infusion slots, but I'm pretty good. Viper's armor, Sinister weapons & accessories. I think I should probably swap out my Runes of Balthazar for Runes of the Berserker, since I think that 100% burning duration is from the food plus everything else, and I've prooobably overshot the maximum duration by quite a bit.

ANYWAY with that said, who has room in their raiding groups for a Condi engineer? @CorriganX , @Kylindra ?

*e* Also, I bothered to make actual PLATES of Rare Veggie Pizza (eg, the sharable item that can be dropped in the open world), so, you're welcome condi bros.

Lucid_Seraph on
    Kendrik wrote: »

I try to do the trading post thing, but I run into the "gotta have money to make money" problem most of the time. I also have a short attention span for it. I'm thinking I may burn the 800 gems I have on gold as soon as they announce the new wings and then see what i can do from there with the world bosses and gathering. I do enjoy the meta events in Maguuma but I always end up in a shitty zone. I'll try the LFG thing, too.

You can get started with just a couple gold - flip blue rings between levels 35-60, or blue/green weapons and armor from 1-60 with prefixes like vigorous, hearty, and hunter. You can get into the game with only a couple silver, and pretty rapidly see your 2 silver purchase of a Vigorous Staff turn into 30s, which buys 15 such staves, and turns into 3g, which.... you get it =)

Having money to make money really only applies to investing in large quantities of goods, or flipping expensive items like skins or high end dyes. Everyone can time and cash efficiently make some money (if you want to, and think it is fun).

Timing is very important to, get buy orders in before prime time, otherwise I find mine often not getting filled.

Other than that, I use gw2shinies and try to catch deals when I can.

edited November 2015
    What time do y'all normally run hero points? If @ringswraith can do it I should be able to. Provided on not listening for a sick kid :(

Feldorn on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    What time do y'all normally run hero points? If @ringswraith can do it I should be able to. Provided on not listening for a sick kid :(

I'm usually busy an hour or two after reset doing stuff, but I'm happy to run them whenever people need them ran. VB AB or TD are all easily done now, Dragon Stand requires the meta event. Just hit me up whenever you need it done and if I'm not already busy I'm happy to get some people together.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Feldorn wrote: »

Last night I stopped right around 1:30am Pacific, so...

(is slightly irritable from lack of sleep this morning)

But it was fun! I harbor no hopes of actually being able to navigate in TD, however. ^^;

edited November 2015
    1:30 is pushing it for me :) I'm getting to old for that. It still happens more than I'd like.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3td33y/a_soloable_hp_guide_for_getting_all_your_specs/

I'll be starting with that, since I should have all relevant travel masteries unlocked.

I don't know any routes though. I mostly pushed through the story on my warrior.

EDIT: that guide lists 20 that can be done solo by a potato.

Feldorn on
  • LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Glad to hear the rest of missions went well after I ran off into fix PC-ville

Horray! My computer is no longer making crazy sounds!

(For those not following my long-lived rant, I've had "loading screens of doom" for some time, and recently strange noises eminating... my hard drive was failing. I'm now on an SSD and everything is zooom zoom fast)

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Sigh.. Fallout 4 has just been monopolizing my time.. i'll be back soon.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Following-up on my earlier revenant question, since I can't seem to locate the answers: How does this energy thing work? (That bar that hovers at 50% and has those chevrons on either side.)

edited November 2015
    Following-up on my earlier revenant question, since I can't seem to locate the answers: How does this energy thing work? (That bar that hovers at 50% and has those chevrons on either side.)
    You burn it to use your weapon and utility skills (other than auto attack). Chevrons indicate how fast you recharge it over time (chevrons point to the right) or lose charge if the chevrons are going to the left.

In Glint, you can activate a Facet, which gives a passive group buff. This costs some amount of upkeep. For example, the healing skill passive group buff (Regen for all!) is -1 upkeep, which means your Chevrons go from 5 (to the right) down to 4 (to the right). Activate enough of those Facets, and you'll be in the negatives, and you start to bleed charge. When you activate the Facet a second time, it gives you back the upkeep for that skill, and you launch an active power and go into cooldown.

The elite gives group protection, but at the cost of a whopping -5 upkeep! Which means you don't lose charge, but you don't regain charge over time either.

The upkeep costs of multiple facets are cumulative.

EDIT: I typically have Regen, Swiftness, and Fury up, which is -4 upkeep. So I still have some regen, but I get three passive buffs for the team at all times. Sometimes I drop Regen and Swiftness and swap it for the Might group buff, but most coordinated groups are good at keeping Might stacks up.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    You burn it to use your weapon and utility skills (other than auto attack). Chevrons indicate how fast you recharge it over time (chevrons point to the right) or lose charge if the chevrons are going to the left.

In Glint, you can activate a Facet, which gives a passive group buff. This costs some amount of upkeep. For example, the healing skill passive group buff (Regen for all!) is -1 upkeep, which means your Chevrons go from 5 (to the right) down to 4 (to the right). Activate enough of those Facets, and you'll be in the negatives, and you start to bleed charge. When you activate the Facet a second time, it gives you back the upkeep for that skill, and you launch an active power and go into cooldown.

The elite gives group protection, but at the cost of a whopping -5 upkeep! Which means you don't lose charge, but you don't regain charge over time either.

The upkeep costs of multiple facets are cumulative.

EDIT: I typically have Regen, Swiftness, and Fury up, which is -4 upkeep. So I still have some regen, but I get three passive buffs for the team at all times. Sometimes I drop Regen and Swiftness and swap it for the Might group buff, but most coordinated groups are good at keeping Might stacks up.

Nitpick, but you don't have to sit in Glint to keep those up. Those all stack duration, so if you turn everything on with Facet of Nature boosting their duration, you drain your energy to zero then switch to your other stance to use its skills, but all your boons stay up since you'll be back in Glint to refresh them before they run out.

I'll usually keep Facet of Nature, Swiftness, and Fury up to stack duration in between fights, then either pop Might + Regen, or Protection at the start of a pull to drain the rest of my energy out before switching to Shiro or Mallyx.

With of Facet of Nature and the +15% boon duration you get from the Herald traitline, you have +65% boon duration. So that 3s pulse of 3s protection becomes a 3s pulse of 4.95s protection, each pulse stacking 1.95s on top of the last. If you eat some boon duration food with a boon duration utility, you can get that up to 85% (IIRC). Then you practically have 100% uptime of Protection, since the protection will last long enough for Glint stance to come off CD.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
    So if I'm understanding correctly, you turn all these facets on, switch out of Glint, do whatever, then switch back to Glint and use them all so you can recover energy?

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    So if I'm understanding correctly, you turn all these facets on, switch out of Glint, do whatever, then switch back to Glint and use them all so you can recover energy?

Pretty much. You're using your legendary stance swap as an extra 50 energy every 10 seconds.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
This discussion has been closed.