As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Archaic, a fantasy based comic

HEHATEMEHEHATEME Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Graphic Violence
Archaic is a fairly new comic from Fenickx, a name I had never heard of before spotting this comic series. It is published by Diamond and can be found in their cataloge - I just preordered the first graphics novel which is supposed to be out at the end of Dec.

http://www.archaiccomic.com/source/index.php

The comic itself has some amazing art. The story is intense - from the very first comic you find yourself immersed in a world where politics and different races have been mingling with consequences that you only begin to see as the comic unwinds.

The first scene is of a castle under seige but the would be attackers must use more than just brute force to storm the walls as the castle is guarded by ancestral magic protecting the blood of its kin.

I dont want to give any spoilers I just searched to see if anyone else has ever posted about the comic and didnt notice anything. I suggest you check it out at your local comic shop. My only complaint about the comic is that it is more ADHD than most comics. They progress the story very quickly giving you only glimpses at each character. I think this is starting to change however as the reader becomes more formally aware of everything going on in the world - where each chess piece is placed - and whose side each piece really stands to fight for.

HEHATEME on

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That looks interesting.

Are you a shill?

skippydumptruck on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    that's kind of what i was wondering

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok. I thought this looked really really stupid while clicking around in the previews...then, oh then, I saw this page.

ARCHAIC6_023_PG22.jpg

I am now a fan.

projectmayhem on
  • HEHATEMEHEHATEME Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That looks interesting.

Are you a shill?

Im not really sure what a shill is and im too lazy to urban dictionary it, so I will assume that a shill is someone who gets on a website just with the intention to promote something. In that case the answer would be no. I actually tried to get involved in an online RPG run here but nobody ever actually played.

I just noticed that many threads are made with the intention of getting other PA community members to talk about things and thought that I should share something I found interesting instead of posting a boring hello my name is Joe and I am a videogameaholic thread.

HEHATEME on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Hey guys, I don't know what a shill is but I'll guess that it's *insert job description from the application here*

Garlic Bread on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Forums shills are really worrying.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Hey guys, I don't know what a shill is but I'll guess that it's *insert job description from the application here*

Hey guys I dont know what unfunny is and im too lazy to urban dictionary it but Ill guess that it is Keith.

HEHATEME on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    HEHATEME wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Hey guys I dont know what unfunny is and im too lazy to urban dictionary it but Ill guess that it is Keith.

oh shit, burned by the shill

you really are good at fitting into the community

Garlic Bread on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    HEHATEME wrote:
    Keith wrote:

to be fair, if you go to urbandictionary, your picture is right there next to unfunny, but i think he put it there after he made that post.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    HEHATEME wrote:
    Keith wrote:

to be fair, if you go to urbandictionary, your picture is right there next to unfunny, but i think he put it there after he made that post.

Its unfortunate that I am a sixth grade mathematics teacher by day and nerd by night which means the awesome publicity is basically useless.

HEHATEME on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    HEHATEME wrote:
    Its unfortunate that I am a sixth grade mathematics teacher by day and nerd by night which means the awesome publicity is basically useless.
    your students must be last in the state, based on your post. I hope you teach them to pump gas, too.

also, this comic doesn't look like anything special. the art is really not that great.

how is it that you know so much about the story if you're planning on getting the trade that isn't out yet?

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    HEHATEME wrote:
    your students must be last in the state, based on your post. I hope you teach them to pump gas, too.

also, this comic doesn't look like anything special. the art is really not that great.

how is it that you know so much about the story if you're planning on getting the trade that isn't out yet?

My posts on this forum are obviously a direct correlation of my students' mathematic performance. :roll:

I am planning to pick up the graphic novel, the paperback has already been released but I have only read them and do not own them.

HEHATEME on