As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kind of a blah [Steam] sa.. OH GOD WOLFENSTEIN: TNO FOR $9!!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    lKzXOzX.png

@Viking is a monster! A monster! I was minding my own business, maybe I was looking at wishlists. MAYBE.

Thanks for Lords of the Fallen! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Giveaway reminder!

signature.png

Just noticed in my library that FEAR's DLCs are listed as separate from the base game. Wonder if that means you can now download only the base game instead of all at once.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Been a while since I visited the thread;

Spending some time with my folks this holiday.
    As I have been relatively busy these past few months.

Finding myself flat broke until the end of the month, so I won't enjoy the Black Friday, Cyber Monday AND ESPECIALLY the Steam Sales for this year! :(
    Not that I was going to buy anything regardless, but the thought bums me out a little.

But still, got myself a new job! :D
    On top of that, you are all looking at a new homeowner too! 8-)

But more importantly...

23E1EF2A94D3FA7E13BC311C1A8B65F6B844A6F4

I BEAT TERRARIA YA'LL!!!

Now I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    For I will be back for some Winter rhyme spitting!!
    :P

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Been a while since I visited the thread;

Spending some time with my folks this holiday.
    As I have been relatively busy these past few months.

Finding myself flat broke until the end of the month, so I won't enjoy the Black Friday, Cyber Monday AND ESPECIALLY the Steam Sales for this year! :(
    Not that I was going to buy anything regardless, but the thought bums me out a little.

But still, got myself a new job! :D
    On top of that, you are all looking at a new homeowner too! 8-)

But more importantly...

23E1EF2A94D3FA7E13BC311C1A8B65F6B844A6F4

I BEAT TERRARIA YA'LL!!!

Now I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    For I will be back for some Winter rhyme spitting!!
    :P

Everything about your post is awesome. First year of owning a home is all about being broke let alone a new job in the mix.

Congrats on all!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Witcher 3 on Maximum settings. "Hey this is pretty nice. Lot of blur from hyperactive mouse though."

Fallout 4 on Medium settings. "HOLY SHIT GRAPHICS."

Really good thing I'm at parents' house for the weekend otherwise I'd lose myself to FO4 until Tuesday.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    @SkutSkut hit me last night with a trio of shmups while I was Nep-Neppin'. :+1:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with Neptunia Re;Birth 3, Ys VI, Croixleur and the Commander Keen Pack in my cart. On the one hand, these are some pretty good deals. On the other...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Elite Dangerous for under 20... pulled the trigger on that one.. not quite sure when i'll have a chance to play it though.

Oh, try to find the time if you can.

Elite is so damned awesome.

The first time I did the undocking tutorial was amazing: How your ship is moved from under the deck and into the platform, complete with amazing animations and little details. Then you're tasked with doing the pre-flight check of control surfaces and systems, and finally, the taking off part and going through the mail slot.

Then the docking tutorial.

Then being let loose in a fuckin' huge galaxy.

Can't wait to get a ship that's worth a damn, though. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I was doing so well going under the radar this sale! Then @viking ruins it by gifting me Nexus!

P8ekrYY.png

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @destroyah87 is a monster, apparently related in some way via blame-shenanigans to @Karoz, for some reason deciding to give what looks to be a very promising RTS. Thanks, @destroyah87!
    Uo5lphJ.png

As for Karoz, I'm just not sure what I ever did to him. He likes soundtracks, so Audiosurf seemed appropriate.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    Monsters! Not sure what I did to earn Antosh's gaze!
    e8fo56o6mief.jpg

Thanks @Antoshka I'll have to get around to this...eventually.....after I finish the first game...and start and finish the second game.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I was doing so well going under the radar this sale! Then @viking ruins it by gifting me Nexus!

P8ekrYY.png

Everyone should own Nexus, it's a genuinely great old school space RTS.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Seems apt.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/61948/

This 3d Realms package is getting nuked from Steam at the end of the year. Probably something to do with the recent lawsuit about Duke Nukem's rights, similar to how the Fallout 1 and 2 thing happened.

Seems likely the rest will be repackaged, but might be worth getting sooner rather than later.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @WIckedkarma dude! Thanks so much for Kentucky Route Zero! What a fantastic surprise. I've been meaning to play it for ages! Very much appreciated. Definitely miss kicking it in ARK - been traveling too much recently - but hoping to sit down and get back into it sometime. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Just noticed in my library that FEAR's DLCs are listed as separate from the base game. Wonder if that means you can now download only the base game instead of all at once.

They've always been separate library entries and it still makes you install of it at once.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Man, I love following the gifting silliness and the occasional person that agonises over their backlog of maybe a dozen games.

I wish I knew how big my backlog is, I'm scared to count. And then there's people like Choco and others who have a library easily thrice my size. Oh well, bought Rome 2, so now I can have awesome coop with my brother who's been wanting a coop campaign for months.

Guys, I think we might have lost control of the cart at some point.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Witcher 3 on Maximum settings. "Hey this is pretty nice. Lot of blur from hyperactive mouse though."

Really good thing I'm at parents' house for the weekend otherwise I'd lose myself to FO4 until Tuesday.

Does not compute.

You can turn off the blur in Witcher. But either way, it beats F4 in the graphics dept with one hand tied behind its back.

I recently put together a new PC with a 980, whereas I was gaming on a 460 before. I was disappointed with F4 at max settings but wasn't expecting much. Witcher is insane.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »

They've always been separate library entries and it still makes you install of it at once.
    Really? I could have sworn it was a DLC tab in the base game's properties. Oh well. :/

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Alright. I thought I was done with Black Friday shopping but now I have to know, am I reading this right?

Nuuvem selling Dying Light for $9

EDIT: Nevermind. I couldn't get it to work, even with VPN shenanigans

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned the Newegg game sale this weekend? There's a lot of 75% off things. Prices on all the Final Fantasy games is (I'm told) lowest to date. Worth a peek!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I checked all of the garages for a good distance around, there were no sledgehammers. I'm going to have to either do a long trek to a warehouse out of town, or head to the Food Market as planned, and hope the hardware store next door has what I need...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    @Shimshai took a moment away from time traveling (or did he?) to gift me not one, not two but all the hexcells. Literally infinite hexcells plus two more hexcells somehow. I don't know how you did it, but I'm super glad and happy you did! Thanks a lot :biggrin:

blrmyhzmxgp4.png

edit: Oh hello! Welcome to the 500 club, where's the champagne?

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    The only problem with the holidays is that it takes me away from my computer haha. But from December 5 to the 29 I'll be without its warm glow thanks to a class for my job and family. And therefore without Fallout 4. Depression.

My shitty laptop will have to step up its game... game(?) then.

To that end, anyone know good FTL mods? Also I wish Convoy looked better. Seems way too difficult and it lacks blue dialogue choices which is lame.

• Options
    So back to thoughts on FNG tonight.

So far we have @Karoz, @Descendant X, @Pimsy and @Kaliyama. I don't remember if there was anyone else. Anyone else interested in joining in? Everyone is welcome. I should be good by 9 or 10 EST. I'm thinking Rocket League might be a fun one.

The hard part is finding a game to play, of course. Rocket League was a lot of fun last time though I see not everyone has it. But it is on sale for the cheapest it's been. Anyone have any other suggestions? Anyone have anything in particular they would like to play? I'd be willing to get a game to play so long as it's not too expensive.

A further thought, for people who are interested in possible future FNGs, should we make up like a forum distribution list or something with a list of intereseted @s in a google doc?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Does not compute.

You can turn off the blur in Witcher. But either way, it beats F4 in the graphics dept with one hand tied behind its back.

I recently put together a new PC with a 980, whereas I was gaming on a 460 before. I was disappointed with F4 at max settings but wasn't expecting much. Witcher is insane.

GTX 660 here. Fallout 4 seems to optimize itself better to it than Witcher 3 has so far. I mean yeah Witcher 3 has graphics but the cutscenes didn't make me question whether it was a real film or not in the beginning. Fallout 4's opening sequence did because it was just that close.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @TeeMan for Super Win the Game! Dunno what it is, but it looks like it should be fun :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    There was sailing/saleing discussion taking place in group chat. Apparently @Teeman is now home and able to take proper advantage of the sale.

TrvPA5X.png

Extremely classy of you, good sir. You should probably be sporting a monocle or something with this degree of class!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glyErSTQrDI

steam_sig.png

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular

Berylline wrote: »
    As for the bunnies, Benji says hi!
    Since you guys know and love the bunnies, I kind of wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make this its own post. Since Stolls referred to the bunnies, this seems like an ok place to let you guys know. Marzipan died yesterday/some time Tuesday night. I'm not really sure what happened; she seemed fine. So, I'm kind of devastated about that. Benji is doing fine though. He has been getting lots and lots of hugs and cuddles.

In the flurry of gifting thanks and general Steamness, I totally missed this.

I don't know you @Berylline but as a fellow pet owner I am SOOO sorry to hear that *hugs*

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Valve + math = ???

cift044eor01.jpg

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Has anyone mentioned the Newegg game sale this weekend? There's a lot of 75% off things. Prices on all the Final Fantasy games is (I'm told) lowest to date. Worth a peek!

You quoted my talking about the Newegg sale back on page 93. :razz:

Deals!!
    Iolo wrote: »
    Newegg is selling a bunch of PC game keys. There's a pretty good selection (way beyond what I've listed). Many of these have been on sale a lot before, but there are some very good prices and, with the promo code EMCKKNT58 knocking off an additional 15%, some of these games are hitting record lows. For example:

Singularity for $6.38 (really good corridor shooter with accumulating time bending powers)
    Borderlands 2 for $4.25 (!!!)
    Borderlands 2 GOTY for $8.50 (lowest price yet, and the cheapest way to pick up all the DLC if you have the base game)
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for $17
    Borderlands TPS Doppleganger for $2.89 (fantastic character class)
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for $3.19 (so, so good)
    South Park: Stick of Truth for $6.375

NOTE: If you want the game on Steam, double check that you are getting Steam and not UPlay. All the Far Cry games, for example, are being sold on UPlay. All the ones I've listed are showing as Steam.

EDIT:

And don't miss Nuuvem's Black Friday sale. You have to do a currency conversion to figure out the prices, but there are some fantastic deals to be had, such as:

Mad Max for $15.95
    Pillars of Eternity for $11.96
    Armello for $10.63

Witcher 3 is $17.28, but it's a GoG download if that matters (which it might to those of your reading this in the Steam thread. <3)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Come on, I literally just gave you this!

ys8srju827t9.jpg

Thanks buddy!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Soccer Cars is so much fun you guys.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    So back to thoughts on FNG tonight.

So far we have @Karoz, @Descendant X, @Pimsy and @Kaliyama. I don't remember if there was anyone else. Anyone else interested in joining in? Everyone is welcome. I should be good by 9 or 10 EST. I'm thinking Rocket League might be a fun one.

The hard part is finding a game to play, of course. Rocket League was a lot of fun last time though I see not everyone has it. But it is on sale for the cheapest it's been. Anyone have any other suggestions? Anyone have anything in particular they would like to play? I'd be willing to get a game to play so long as it's not too expensive.

A further thought, for people who are interested in possible future FNGs, should we make up like a forum distribution list or something with a list of intereseted @s in a google doc?

Using Co-op Calamities didn't seem to work for a lot of folks. Maybe blunt force tagging them here would work better. Worth a shot? Not sure if I'll be around this evening, but especially with a sale going on, @s may help quite a bit since people won't have to catch fully up on the thread to know there are folks looking for some FNG fun.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

You quoted my talking about the Newegg sale back on page 93. :razz:

In my defense... I've slept since then.

:razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Out of curiosity ...

I have vanilla Skyrim installed on my box. Anyone know if I were to save myself the ~$1.50 and buy the LE am I stuck downloading a fresh copy of the base game or will the DLC be added to the vanilla?

... also why am I even contemplating this? Damn you Bethesda!

Amazon are doing the two main DLC packs for $2.50 each if that's an option.

Dragonborn
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXHJJWE/

Dawnguard
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXHJI84/

Damn, looks like I missed out. Hopefully they get more stock on, say, "Cyber Monday."

• Options
    Soccer Cars is so much fun you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIeu7_-iwdw

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Alright. I thought I was done with Black Friday shopping but now I have to know, am I reading this right?

Nuuvem selling Dying Light for $9

EDIT: Nevermind. I couldn't get it to work, even with VPN shenanigans

Nuuvem seems a bit schizophrenic at times. Yesterday I tried to pick up Pillars of Eternity and Aramello and everything looked good until Nuuvem decided that I was a filthy filthy American.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Its even removed AMD Catalyst Control Centre and installed its own Win10 drivers.

If I'd been drinking anything then it would've shot out of my nose. Christ on a bike.

That's cemented it. Due to my reliance on existing OEM drivers, because laptop, I'm not touching Win10 with a fucking bargepole on this computer. My next one, well, I won't have a ton of choice; but not this one.

Windows 10 is disabling software that doesn’t cause problems and that users are legally entitled to install. The problem, of course, is that Windows 10 apparently makes arbitrary decisions about which applications will and will not be allowed to run, then takes unilateral action without user input.

This is not okay. I don't care what anyone says. It isn't.

This discussion has been closed.