As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MeetUp.com help - LA area

ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
So after spending a month in my new place after the split, loneliness is starting to kick in. My friends have been traveling a lot for work so I haven't been able to spend much time with them. I went ahead and made a MeetUp account this morning. Anyone have any good tips for tracking down active and quality groups? Anyone in the LA area have some recommendations? I'd like a regular gaming group at minimum, but if there are some outdoorsy or other just generally interesting groups I'd be interested in checking them out.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    where in LA are you?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    A couple of blocks from Santa Monica. I'm willing to drive, though, if the people are cool.

Artereis on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I just sent you a pm. I lived in LA for ten years or so, so have some nerd leads for you. :)

The only outdoorsy group I can recommend is the coyotes trail running club. Not sure where your fitness level is at tho - those guys are hardcore distance runners, tho are plenty newb friendly. It's just that they may not have a lot of slower runners on any given trail run.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Ha, yeah that may be a bit out of my league at the moment. I'm about half way through the Couch to 5k program, but trails sound like a recipe for runner's knee at this point. The roads around my apartment are nice and flat.