As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey you, I saw that. Put it back! [Kids]

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    On day 2 of our child refusing to nap at all. She still sleeps at night, thankfully, but no naps. I'm inclined to blame tooth number six that seems like it might poke through any day now.

Teething is fucking bullshit.

• Options
    pixiecowpixiecow MewKRegistered User regular
    ahh, thanks @Shadowfire that makes sense. I can only blame lack of sleep :sad:

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Honestly, it took a few times reading to come to the same conclusion. The sort of sexism on display is more insidious than blatant forms of it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    gitwcewj7lgd.jpg
    My son modeling my new hat. So cool to see his personality developing.

schuss on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My wife's palms and feet have started itching for a few nights straight. She's fairly confident, having gone through this once before, that it's Cholestatis again.

Which means she's probably going to be spending one day a week being monitored at the hospital and getting bloodwork done through most of December, and we'll probably get induced a couple weeks early sometime around the second week of January. We'll get it all confirmed when the bloodwork comes back in a week or so, but if she says there's no doubt in her mind she's probably right, and I've witnessed her scratching her palms in her sleep, so we're pretty confident.

Fortunately, having done this before, and having researched what exactly it is in the interim, we realise that we got the absolute best level of care the last time we went through this. There are horror stories out there on the web of how shitty and ridiculous US and even UK awareness and level of care is regarding this not-uncommon ailment.

Unfortunately, having done this before and actually researched it in the interim, we are so much more aware of all the things that can go wrong and the potential risks for baby. Jen's found this pregnancy really hard, much harder than Casimir, both physically and mentally. She feels like all she's been doing for the past year is just enough to keep her body functioning as a parasitic incubator - her entire year has been focussed on just keeping herself well enough to provide everything the little body growing inside her needs to be strong and healthy and well - and now her body's betraying her and putting the unborn tyke at increased risk and she's feeling a little emotionally exposed about it. And all her other ongoing mental health issues.

But we're in the safe hands of proven professionals who have provided only the best level of care to us in the past, and Kees is growing up happy and healthy, so I can't help but feel that despite this additional short term stressor, in a month or two it will be behind us and we'll barely think about it again, except when discussing minutae of our experiences of pregnancy.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My daughter after passing some gas...

12308794_10208077286315909_3384428229771354876_n.jpg?oh=ee5dd70829d4a662ace363486aec6d94&oe=56DBB80F

...and then after I told my wife I got a picture of it!

12310505_10208077286555915_3062151910359041861_n.jpg?oh=6f70ddefeb1a54971dc15030f3a36479&oe=56F19377

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    65eqmlt5qkrf.jpg

Taz had an amazing time at his dinosaur themed 2nd birthday party today! No meltdowns which was super surprising considering he had been to a huge christmas party for the local Multiple Birth Association, and didn't manage to nap in between. He came home and zonked right out, hasn't even opened his presents yet.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    this whole cratering blood pressure thing is starting to get annoying.

I can't be on my feet and moving around or more than 45 minutes at a time (at the mall shopping) if I'm also hot without having my blood pressure crash through the floor and me almost go down with it.

thankfully the ladies at the clothes store had a stool that i was able to sit on until i got my bearings enough to go grab some cold water and head home.

I was expecting my blood pressure to go up because of my weight! this whole crashing thing is really frustrating!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    You're such a troll spool. I can't wait until my kids are old enough for me to troll them on their phones.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    So I hadn't shaved for over 3 weeks (2/10s of her life) prior to this morning. I walk in to say good morning to my daughter, and she just looks at me with this face that says, "who the fuck are you.......................................................................... OH, DADDY!" and gives me a huge smile. It was hilarious.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    How many people in that chat thread are members of your family? Just a rough estimate will do.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    How many people in that chat thread are members of your family? Just a rough estimate will do.

Currently? 3! Myself, Belasco32 is my wife, and Blameless Cleric is the 19yr old daughter.

:)

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Welp, about 5 days ago, what seemed to be false labour turned into real labour, and then 8 hours and a C-section later....

Introducing Mini-Muzz, AKA Alexis Julie

u3ven5s5iq4o.jpg

Sadly, she had a bad case of Jaundice, but, as a bonus, she got to spend time in a tanning booth.

jewz9femgy8x.jpg

We're home now, and she's doing fine. And as I predicted, the cat will have nothing to do with her. Puffed out her tail and skedaddled to the opposite end of the house.

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Congratulations!

I hope yours didn't do what ours did in the tanning bed and kept removing the sunglasses..

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So the wife is just about reaching that point where she can go into labor at any point.

Every time she calls me my heart jumps a bit.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Around fifty percent

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    RobbieOCRobbieOC Snork Juice Pawnee, INRegistered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Welp, about 5 days ago, what seemed to be false labour turned into real labour, and then 8 hours and a C-section later....

Introducing Mini-Muzz, AKA Alexis Julie

0om1c57m2a6d.jpg

Sadly, she had a bad case of Jaundice, but, as a bonus, she got to spend time in a tanning booth.

113a92rff1wd.jpg

We're home now, and she's doing fine. And as I predicted, the cat will have nothing to do with her. Puffed out her tail and skedaddled to the opposite end of the house.

We had to do the same thing with ours when she was born, and it was torture for us. If she was being held, she was great, smiley, awesome (a nice preview of the 7 month old she is now!). When she was under the lights she just screamed and whined and all we could do was sit and try to console her. Did not get a lot of sleep at the hospital.

Now, she's great!
    lbYPDKi.jpgRIlJgea.jpg?1

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    So my son (who I guess is 16 months old now? or 15? god who can remember) started daycare today. This week is transitional so my wife is there with him for a couple hours this morning and he'll stay longer and longer over the next 6 days.

So this is the first picture she sent me:
    2e8jqg957o7p.jpg

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    So I apparently have a torn meniscus and need surgery

How the eff to take care of a 5 year old when I can barely walk =/

• Options
    Time to start begging to family and calling in favors to friends!

• Options
    My mother-in-law decided that she's not coming out for Christmas. Too expensive, she was just here, etc. That's fine, but now how are we gonna see Star Wars? I already bought the tickets for Christmas day. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I have the feeling you'll have no problem finding someone to go with you.

Alternatively, you have a seat available for your coats.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Time to start begging to family and calling in favors to friends!

I really think I'll just need help setting up the Christmas tree and getting the dog and cat food from the trunk of my car to my house

and someone to hang out after the actual operation

• Options
    TenTen Registered User regular

I assume it's more about finding somebody to look after the kid.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    28 week growth scan today!

baby is looking nice and healthy! growing just as baby should, although legs are a bit longer than average (which explains some things) . Got to see baby yawn! That was kinda neat!

So for the moment, everything is average, the diabetes clinic people are very very happy with how i'm tracking and I might get to try a normal birth without induction after all!

hooray for this info after the panic attacks. lol.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    My middle child has found a new way to antagonize her older sister. She writes notes addressed to her that are very beautiful and flowery.

And inside is a picture of a butt pooping.

• Options
    Ten wrote: »

I assume it's more about finding somebody to look after the kid.

Exactly. I want to see the movie but refuse to be one of those asshole parents that brings their newborn to a theater. It's disrespectful to everyone who came to watch a film in silence and awful for a kid that doesn't understand the dark loudness around them.

I still have 24 days though...must search...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm dense.. :rotate:
    Any of your local friends know a babysitter?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Cinemas are open on Christmas day?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's a huge day for movies

Gotta get out of the house and do something together as a family, or you gotta get away from the family before they drive you up the wall.

The last several Tarantino films all debuted on Christmas.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

A bowl full of cereal and a bowl full of water on the floor in front of the tv.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

So you don't know any Jews do you?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

A bowl full of cereal and a bowl full of water on the floor in front of the tv.

I told him last night that if I needed surgery his grandmother might need to come help me

the response:

"YAY! I hope you need surgery!"

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Judaism enforces festive cinema attendance!?

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

There's pretty much nothing to do on Christmas day if you aren't actually celebrating... most stuff is closed. So a lot of Atheists/Jews/Muslims/Other tend to go out and see a movie that day, for lack of anything better to do.

• Options

A Jewish Christmas is Chinese food followed by a movie.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    that sounds kind of nice

• Options
    It is!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »

There's pretty much nothing to do on Christmas day if you aren't actually celebrating... most stuff is closed. So a lot of Atheists/Jews/Muslims/Other tend to go out and see a movie that day, for lack of anything better to do.

And even if you're Christian, once you've opened presents, attended [VARIABLE_RELIGIOUS_SERVICE] and/or had Christmas dinner, you've got the whole evening ahead of you.

This discussion has been closed.