As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Online ticket sites can't keep up with the [Star Wars] hype. New trailer in OP!

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    huh

I checked like two week ago and I couldn't see it!

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It was there

Been there for months!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Curse you American Netflix and your not having half the good stuff bought up by Sky!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    also while we're at it what's the recommended episode order again

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Don't know if it is recommended, but here is the chronological order:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder?repeat=w3tc

thank yoooouuuu

so Ahsoka gets less insufferable after the movie right

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Yes, she becomes one of the best written characters

Eventually

while we're at it is there ever any explanation for why battle droids are horribly incompetent beyond "Lucas"

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    They tone that down somewhat after the first season.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Click this spoiler to feel immediate burning jealousy
    ifq0c8t.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    A while back I brought home a couple of life size cutouts of a First Order storm trooper and of BB-8, I just gave my neighbor the droid and he was so happy!

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    so Ahsoka gets less insufferable after the movie right

The movie is literally the first four pilot episodes recut into a film.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    ifq0c8t.jpg

that thing had better have some strong fucking fans

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ifq0c8t.jpg

that thing had better have some strong fucking fans

Just drop dry ice in when you play. Problem solved.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I find it kinda funny that there are 2 ocean planets within spitting distance of Tatooine, yet they still gotta farm the desert for moisture.

Naboo and Geonosis? Kinda dicks

Geonosis is a desert world.

Now Kamino? But it isn't even on the map, and is given that it's described as "beyond the Outer Rim" may be even more remote than Tatooine, which takes some doing.

Tatooine is located in the Outer Rim, but it's on a major hyperspace lane. So while it's remote, it's not especially difficult to access. Think of Tatooine as one of those little towns that popped up on Route 66 that everyone just drives buy nowadays and only like 10 people still live there.

So, like Radiator Springs?

hqdefault.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    SAVAGE OPRESS

The Clone Wars Cartoon just showing people that it is actually possible to create a name worst than George Lucas

Written by George's daughter, Katie.

kyrcl.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I find it kinda funny that there are 2 ocean planets within spitting distance of Tatooine, yet they still gotta farm the desert for moisture.

Now Kamino? But it isn't even on the map, and is given that it's described as "beyond the Outer Rim" may be even more remote than Tatooine, which takes some doing.

Tatooine is located in the Outer Rim, but it's on a major hyperspace lane. So while it's remote, it's not especially difficult to access. Think of Tatooine as one of those little towns that popped up on Route 66 that everyone just drives buy nowadays and only like 10 people still live there.

hqdefault.jpg
    SAVAGE OPRESS

The Clone Wars Cartoon just showing people that it is actually possible to create a name worst than George Lucas

How did I not realize until just now that of course Lucas named the main character of the OT ...... Luke S.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, one of my friends said that "tips fedora" sounds like a star wars name.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg
    SAVAGE OPRESS

How did I not realize until just now that of course Lucas named the main character of the OT ...... Luke S.

holy shit

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    so this first Jar Jar episode

boy

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    so this first Jar Jar episode

boy

Yeah, that one is bad.

The Jar Jar episodes get better after the main characters begin acknowledging his propensity for destruction and start pointing him at the enemy to see what happens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    There are even a couple episodes in the last season where he isn't 100% incompetent. It's the one time he's seemed like an actual character rather than a bad slapstick generator.

BionicPenguin on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm very interested to see how they deal with title card stuff in the "side" films like Rogue One. Will there be the scrolling text? The fanfare? I would personally save that stuff for the big mainline films.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    CVFPThEVEAAqK2G.png

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    What's the in-universe explanation for the sith, and only the sith using red lightsabers?

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Red is the color of the devil.

No seriously, I have no idea.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    iirc it's something to do with Sith using artificially created crystals for their sabres, as opposed to naturally grown ones. I'm not sure where I heard this so it might be total bollocks though!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    What's the in-universe explanation for the sith, and only the sith using red lightsabers?

It's a branding issue

/

Sith light sabre crystals give off the red colour because most of them originate from korriban or other sithy places. Different places produced different colour crystals.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    iirc it's something to do with Sith using artificially created crystals for their sabres, as opposed to naturally grown ones. I'm not sure where I heard this so it might be total bollocks though!

In the old EU, that's the way it was. Jedi used naturally formed magic crystals that they found with the Force, Sith used The Force to artificially grow and shape their own crystals.
    The artificial crystals made red beams, though presumably a Sith could alter the process to make a blade of whatever color they desired, but, you know, Sith love their traditions.

I don't think there's been any commentary on Sith vs. Jedi lightsabers in the new continuity though. Maybe we'll get some details from Kylo Ren, since his blade is all weird and crackly. Maybe find out what he did wrong/different with his.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    They don't explain it in the movies. Newu? I don't know: is it in the Clone Wars show?

Oldeu, it was either they were colorless and when you made your saber you personally infused the crystal with your forcethat's what gives it it's glow, or the crystals were from illum and that's where the green and blue ones come from.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    [George Lucas] went back to some scenes that had always bothered him, particularly in the 1977 film: When Han Solo (Harrison Ford) is threatened by Greedo, a bounty hunter working for the sluglike gangster Jabba the Hutt, Han reaches for his blaster and shoots Greedo by surprise underneath a cantina table.

In the new version, it is Greedo who shoots first, by a split second. Deeply offended fans saw it as sacrilege; Lucas will probably go to his grave defending it. When Han shot first, he says, it ran counter to “Star Wars’ ” principles.

“Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer?’ ” Lucas asks. “Because I was thinking mythologically — should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne? And I said, ‘Yeah, he should be John Wayne.’ And when you’re John Wayne, you don’t shoot people [first] — you let them have the first shot. It’s a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/george-lucas-to-feel-the-true-force-of-star-wars-he-had-to-learn-to-let-it-go/2015/11/27/d752067a-8b1f-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

6F32U1X.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    [George Lucas] went back to some scenes that had always bothered him, particularly in the 1977 film: When Han Solo (Harrison Ford) is threatened by Greedo, a bounty hunter working for the sluglike gangster Jabba the Hutt, Han reaches for his blaster and shoots Greedo by surprise underneath a cantina table.

In the new version, it is Greedo who shoots first, by a split second. Deeply offended fans saw it as sacrilege; Lucas will probably go to his grave defending it. When Han shot first, he says, it ran counter to “Star Wars’ ” principles.

“Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer?’ ” Lucas asks. “Because I was thinking mythologically — should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne? And I said, ‘Yeah, he should be John Wayne.’ And when you’re John Wayne, you don’t shoot people [first] — you let them have the first shot. It’s a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/george-lucas-to-feel-the-true-force-of-star-wars-he-had-to-learn-to-let-it-go/2015/11/27/d752067a-8b1f-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

Sorry, George, you are just wrong.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Regardless of the thinking behind it, the altered scene looks horrible. Han's head moves like a Monty Python cartoon.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    That explanation actually makes perfect sense to me

I still think it's the wrong choice, but I can totally respect that internal logic to it, that it comes from modeling him after a specific type rather than what I had assumed, which was "Han's gotta be nicer for the kids"

6F32U1X.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    The problem is the initial character COULD be compared to a cowboy. But not John Wayne. He was Clint Eastwood. He was the Outlaw Josey Wales. The hard ass, cares for no one, near criminal. Who through the course of the film changes, ever so slightly, into being what you think could be a good man. Who you think leaves when he is needed, selfishly, and because while the movie makes you think he could be a good man it still leaves the doubt whether he is or not so you are a little sad but not surprised when it turns out he really isn't.

And then suddenly he returns right when he is needed, like the hero you hoped he was, and your heart lifts and you love him all the more because you didn't expect him to be.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    That explanation actually makes perfect sense to me

I still think it's the wrong choice, but I can totally respect that internal logic to it, that it comes from modeling him after a specific type rather than what I had assumed, which was "Han's gotta be nicer for the kids"

Han shooting first never made sense to me, cause Han isn't a murderer. But him shooting first kind of makes him one. The re-done scene does look goofy though, yes.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Han shoots first because he is a smuggler with a bounty on his head, and Greedo decided to monologue instead of doing the job.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Han isn't murdering Greedo

That's clearly self defense

Han has a price on his head, a bounty hunter has a blaster pointed at him, the bounty hunter has talked about how he's been waiting to kill him

This discussion has been closed.