As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I need 2 more for HM kings fall. Xb1. GT same as my handle here.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So... just to confirm.

Refer a friend does not work whatsoever cross-platform, does it? I know someone who bought this for their XBone after trying it on my PS4 :P.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So... just to confirm.

Refer a friend does not work whatsoever cross-platform, does it? I know someone who bought this for their XBone after trying it on my PS4 :P.

yeah you have to fireteam basically everything but the raid together to get all the stuff

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Just got on to bang out a few dailies, and I came across jfrofl:
    CVB8PuiU8AAxCSp.jpg
    I don't think anything like that has ever happened to me in all my time playing MP games.
    (This game was way closer than the score indicates. I just got really lucky with my super early in the match.)

RandomHajile on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Just got on to bang out a few dailies, and I came across jfrofl:
    CVB8PuiU8AAxCSp.jpg
    I don't think anything like that has ever happened to me in all my time playing MP games.
    (This game was way closer than the score indicates. I just got really lucky with my super early in the match.)

Oh shit! I don't think I've ever seen that happen either! I was playing like shit that match, and trying to complete a few different quests.
    Trying to work on scout riffle thing for shaxx's amusement, either blink strike or knife throw quest, and just doing matches in salvage.

PSN: jfrofl
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Destiny Taken King edition on PSN with coupon for around 31 bucks. Yay, or nay?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Yay

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I spent the last few weeks sniping my ass off to improve and I noticed I'm waaaaaay better.

Except now I keep losing standard 1v1 pulse duels.

It's always something...

616610-1.png
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I spent the last few weeks sniping my ass off to improve and I noticed I'm waaaaaay better.

Except now I keep losing standard 1v1 pulse duels.

It's always something...

I've tried to practice sniping as well, in an attempt to get better if ever called upon again to do Trials, and I think I've improved. The problem is, is that sniping in Trials is very different from nearly all the other game types so I'm still not really sure if it's ultimately been worth it.

I've also tried to use Handcannons this week, and with the exception of one game which was a complete outlier (i.e. I got the Impreciation quest done), I was not able to grind out another game with 6 primary handcannnon kills.

The problems were a lot of my fights ended up with me only getting assists; losing nearly all 1vs1 fights when up against someone with a pulse rifle; and lastly just dying to those with Conspiracy shotguns (this is the one with the silly range correct?).

My K:D ratio just ended up being miserable; barely breaking 1.0, although some of that is due to not using secondary and heavy weapons.

I also wonder when Bungie will take a look at some of the strikes; they must have data on which ones people are opting out of straight away, because some are complete slogs in addition to being much longer than others.

PSN Fleety2009
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Because of my vacation this weekend I didn't get to tag along with my normal group to Oryx regular mode this week. Anybody PS4-side up for doing that today? Also need to knock out Nightfall.
    My PSN name is the same as here.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Because of my vacation this weekend I didn't get to tag along with my normal group to Oryx regular mode this week. Anybody PS4-side up for doing that today? Also need to knock out Nightfall.

Possibly. I'm Hawkbeard.

I need a regular oryx kill and three of the fragments.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

@Sir Landshark and I ended up 4-manning normal King's Fall up to Oryx, and it was super fun. I really hope we have the time to attempt Oryx, tonight.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    How was four manning the sisters?

What is this I don't even.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    How was four manning the sisters?

Pretty easy. We did four cycles to be safe, and just wiped once. The platform holder with an empty opposite platform has to remember to kill the other sniper, and we all had to focus more on the centurions, but it was not a struggle.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Speaking of Sisters...

My son has a Sisters checkpoint on his main character. I'm not exactly sure how, but I think he said he joined a fireteam at Golgoroth and got to the Sisters. He would love it if I could get him through that encounter and maybe through Oryx.

If anyone would like to help me get his Warlock through that, I would try to be on around 9 Central tonight if we can put together a party to attempt it. PS4.

Here's the difficulty: I am having some FUN internet issues. It is intermittently going out for me. It comes back after a minute or so but has kicked me from Destiny many times over the past weekend. I don't know if it was due to people being home for Thanksgiving and using up all the damn bandwidth, but regardless, it's been not a good time.

Anyway, I'll watch for interest. If enough people want to try it, we can try to put it together. If not, or if my internet makes it impossible, no worries.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    Elki wrote: »

"Sir Landshark" and I ended up 4-manning normal King's Fall up to Oryx, and it was super fun. I really hope we have the time to attempt Oryx, tonight.

Yeah that was easily the most fun I've had in Destiny in a while. I like how it transformed the Altar fight from kind of a snooze to the toughest part of the raid heh. I should be around tonight to finish up, the wildcard is always whether my one bro gets the hall pass from his fiancée.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular

Depending on what time you start, I am assuredly down to do normal Oyrx / Nightfall.

You should set up a game on the 100.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Back after two months of no Destiny.

Did they amp up the sound effects or something? With or without headphones, feel like I'm in the middle of a damn war every fight. It's amazing.

Also, Hung Jury is super damn powerful

And the exotic sword is so much fun.

I didn't think I missed Destiny too much while I was out, but man...it is a blast just loading it up and messing around a bit. Can't wait to get into Trials/Iran Bandanas/HM Raid that I haven't done.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
    HexDex wrote: »

Depending on what time you start, I am assuredly down to do normal Oyrx / Nightfall.

I went to the the 100 page but it said it was full.
    Basically I'm open pretty much any time today.

steam_sig.png
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

I will send you a link you can use to apply to the group even though it's "full".

It'll be in a PM. Just use that and you'll get approved shortly after application. When we are at/over 100 members, we have to do it this way. It's how the100 page is set up.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir

I has a the100 game up now. It's currently set for 3:00 PM Central, Nightfall.

steam_sig.png

I has a the100 game up now. It's currently set for 3:00 PM Central, Nightfall.

Bit early for me. I don't usually get online until between 5pm and 6pm eastern. I will look you up when I get on tonight and see what, if anything you still have to do.

I can push it till 4:30 central. I just kind of chose a random time before I had to break for supper hoping to catch a couple daytime players.
    Nobody has signed up, so it's no biggie.

steam_sig.png
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    So I need a new headset for my Xbox One after my new puppy found the old one. Any recommendations? Or should I just get another one of the default "comes with the system" ones?

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I need a new headset for my Xbox One after my new puppy found the old one. Any recommendations? Or should I just get another one of the default "comes with the system" ones?

Astro mixamp, a pair of badass headphones, and a modmic.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »

The caveat with the Mixamp setup is that you'll need the MS headset adapter to hook it up to the controller. Unless there's another way to get it all hooked in (optical to Mixamp to headphones? Does that give you voice still?) in which case tell me so I can use my Mixamp and A40s!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Dont get a default one please, I can still barely hear @Erevar at times when he uses that thing.

I got a pair of Astro A40's, which is basically a neccessity for me, due to bad hearing... I dont think I've heard the ambient music in any of the raids, ever - full party chat on, always.

Sirialis on
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

I got the official Xbox Stereo Headset for $50 awhile back. They're decent overall, but it's hard to beat the price - it comes with the stereo headset adapter ($25 separately), so even if you hate the actual headset you'll A) have a back-up and B) have the part to allow other headsets to work.

Amazon link for headset

Amazon link for stereo adapter

I think (someone confirm?) that some of the new controllers come with the stereo adapter, as well.

Edit: Siri, I'm soft-spoken; it's not a fault of the hardware. =P

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    The new controllers have a built-in 3.5mm jack that lets you use a lot of headsets without needing the adapter.

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
    edited November 2015

I am huge on letting my home theatre do the heavy lifting for audio.

I only use my headset for voice.

I got one of these and have no complaints so far. If you have one of the new Xbone controllers with the 3.5mm jack built in, or the adapter, it should work no problem even though it's "PS4."

HexDex on

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i went turtle beach because the one i have for my ps4 i like

the xbone one is a piece of hot garbage

i mean, it works fine as earphones and a mic

but it feels really cheap for being like a $120 headset, and doesn't really impress me for the price

though it does say "powering off" when i hit the power button, so that's totally worth the extra $70 or so i spent

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2015
    sPider817 wrote: »

The caveat with the Mixamp setup is that you'll need the MS headset adapter to hook it up to the controller. Unless there's another way to get it all hooked in (optical to Mixamp to headphones? Does that give you voice still?) in which case tell me so I can use my Mixamp and A40s!

I don't know, I use a Tritton mixamp with Audio Technica headphones and mic plugged into the ports on the volume control. I assumed the Astro mixamp was basically the same and had both a mic and headphone port. Alternatively, and I really hate plugging them because I work there, but Target's website has got the official stereo headset on sale as part of their Cyber Monday deal. 15% off.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

I am huge on letting my home theatre do the heavy lifting for audio.

I only use my headset for voice.

I got one of these and have no complaints so far. If you have one of the new Xbone controllers with the 3.5mm jack built in, or the adapter, it should work no problem even though it's "PS4."

I just recently got one of those to replace another set (I think also from Triton?) that had two headphones since I, too, only use the headset for chat audio. It seems to work well in purely functional terms but I have to crank the volume all the way up to hear people's voices. There may be some setting I'm missing, though.

Edit: Note that that's on a PS4. I dunno if my low volume thing is PS4 specific. And it's not like I can't hear people. Once I cranked the volume it works perfectly fine.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    And an audio question on a thread that's been dead-ish for awhile immediately generates like 15 replies, lol. I :heartbeat: all of you so much.

After reading all your recommendations I'm going with the Xbox One Chatpad + Chat Headset. It's only $35, but doubles as a stereo adapter if I don't like the headset it comes with, and should make searching for stuff on Netflix and Youtube way, way, way easier.

link

I know it's not something you guys suggested, but I wouldn't have found it if I hadn't followed your links and read your ideas. Thanks everyone! Much love ya'll!

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    One of my RL friends is on, so if there's one person PS4 side on right now, who needs the Nightfall still, look me up

steam_sig.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am off in a distant land and unable to destiny. The hotel WiFi is refusing to auth my xbone. So sad.

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am off in a distant land and unable to destiny. The hotel WiFi is refusing to auth my xbone. So sad.

can you auth on a laptop and clone the MAC address?

Apothe0sis wrote: »

this injustice

Note, my knowledge of computer networking is limited to like, watching the Hackers movie and a few episodes of Law and Order

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Note, my knowledge of computer networking is limited to like, watching the Hackers movie and a few episodes of Law and Order

So then you're well equipped to handle the Gibson.

Just bypass the internet with your manifold keycode compression algorithm, duh!

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”