As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

1939495969799»

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Radiation wrote: »
    Just got on to bang out a few dailies, and I came across jfrofl:
    CVB8PuiU8AAxCSp.jpg
    I don't think anything like that has ever happened to me in all my time playing MP games.
    (This game was way closer than the score indicates. I just got really lucky with my super early in the match.)

Oh shit! I don't think I've ever seen that happen either! I was playing like shit that match, and trying to complete a few different quests.
    Trying to work on scout riffle thing for shaxx's amusement, either blink strike or knife throw quest, and just doing matches in salvage.

I once bumped into Magnus (@juicebox989) in a Crucible match. I think he was on the other team. I love it when this happens, rare though it is.

Edit: Top of the page?! NEW THREAD TIME! Thanksgiving is over, which means it's now acceptable to get into the holiday spirit.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/201910/destiny-tis-the-season-to-be-gjally

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    I did an LFG a couple weeks ago and other random was from Pax Arcadia II (like me). Still on the PS3 so it's SUPER rare round these parts.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm especially fond of that time I was IB'ing with the Europeans and we ran into Hoodie on Twilight Gap. For a while we assumed he was on our team, but then we noticed he was not and we all spent the rest of the match hunting him for sport. I feel like he had some unkind words to share with us after the match.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am off in a distant land and unable to destiny. The hotel WiFi is refusing to auth my xbone. So sad.

can you auth on a laptop and clone the MAC address?

This works for me whenever I travel

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Finally put in the time to get my 45th fragment *cheers*.

My list of almost completed exotic bounties is growing. I still need to do the final missions for the Touch of Malice, No Time to Explain, and the Arc and Solar exotic swords.

If anyone needs to work on any of these as well (or is just feeling charitable) please let me know if you see me online playing Destiny (PSN: Boozer_777).

Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am off in a distant land and unable to destiny. The hotel WiFi is refusing to auth my xbone. So sad.

can you auth on a laptop and clone the MAC address?
    This is the usual tactic, but it es no bueno for this particular place. Which is a pity as the internet is otherwise cheap and good.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nightfall accomplished. Shit all dropped.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Boozer wrote: »

My list of almost completed exotic bounties is growing. I still need to do the final missions for the Touch of Malice, No Time to Explain, and the Arc and Solar exotic swords.

If anyone needs to work on any of these as well (or is just feeling charitable) please let me know if you see me online playing Destiny (PSN: Boozer_777).

heh, i have like four exotic bounty final steps in my quest log now

too bad i'm on xbone or we could team up

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

People complained about not being able to skip the space step since launch. It's gotta be some kind of jank design that's too engrained to fix until Destiny 2. I mean we went from basically no vehicle play in Vanilla to ACTUALLY no vehicle play in Taken King. It's a weird game.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So regarding the December patch. It occurs to me that they want to fix the two problem shotguns being dominant by making them... the only shotguns capable of doing anything at all? I just do not understand this, and it bugs me because I love using shotguns in FPS games in general (but god they're already really hard to use against anything substantial in PvE as is, so...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    People complained about not being able to skip the space step since launch.
    Huh. Guess I'm just an idiot then.

• Options
    It was originally supposed to be like the blockship parts of Kingdom Hearts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Yeah, once again this leaves me extremely underwhelmed.

Yes, people have complained about it since day 1 and with good reason. There's very little player functionality involved here.

However, there is a very good reason for why orbit exists at all, it is the only public uninstanced space. Each other place has a maximum number of users who can connect - whether that is the tower or Venus or whatever. 16 players max, 12 for crucible.

It is an artefact of how fireteams work. Without changing what being in a fireteam actually means there's no other way to solve that. And adding further complications would make destiny somewhat more opaque to an already muddled and idiotic userbase.

However, once you have a full fireteam in an instance, it isn't clear why you HAVE to go to orbit before launching into whatever the new instance is going to be. It could be doing something behind the scenes that is otherwise difficult to do behind the scenes, it be pure dead weight.

Destiny is a pretty remarkable feat of engineering on a purely technical level, I wonder how much it has to work that way. Sure it can be argued that it should work differently if it is technically constrained, but I also wonder what the tradeoff would be. Given the limitations to which they are coding - consoles not PCs, no subscriptions, so on and so forth, none of that is readily apparent.

• Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Boozer wrote: »

As of Wednesday, I'll need both the Arc and Solar exotic sword missions, too, so if I see you on later in the week, I'll hit you up.

(I'm on fragment #44, but I'd need to actually get past Golgoroth in the raid one of these days for #45, so ... perhaps not.)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I solo'd the last bit of the NTTE quest (everything after putting down Atheon), so we could definitely do that, too. Wouldn't be an issue.

MrMiscreant on
    LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I think this definitely makes me a weirdo but I love orbit.

dressing up a ready room/chat room as chilling in our spaceships just above the atmosphere waiting to dive into action is exactly the sort of charming bullshit that made me fall in love with Destiny.

Removing it would make the game feel less epic to me. I never get bored of dem orbit animations.

Also we all know destiny is all about the skyboxes and orbit is 100% skyboxes.

Also also lol at the unintentional irony of someone talking about all the man hours WASTED in orbit and then proceeding to go to venus to patrol to gather vex rotator cuffs. PHEW LUCKY YOU'RE BACK TO DOING PRODUCTIVE THINGS WITH YOUR LIFE AFTER THOSE MINUTES IN ORBIT

EDIT: Oh no I posted in the wrong thread

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I'm not against the idea of orbit itself, especially since it is kind of fun to see your fireteam there in formation in all their different ships. But it does add a lot of unnecessary steps and load screens. Hopefully someday they can rejigger it so we get the good parts of orbit without the bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Well, sleep apparently trumped all my plans last night. Oh well.

On a related note, if anyone is running through King's Fall Normal Mode at some point this week and needs a body to fill a spot on the PS4, I've told my son I'd run his character through it at some point. He's over 300 Light, has good gear, just can't do it with his current circle of friends. And he'd love to get a chance at a Heavy Weapon over 300. Or to get raid weapons, he likes them. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a full carry, just a little bit on the jumping parts as my first person jumping skills SUCK.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't mind going to orbit. i can get stuff done while i'm there, like checking quest steps and gear upgrades and stuff

i feel like the guy who makes these videos just wants someone to pat him on the back for finding things about a popular game he can complain about

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So uh, Warpriest Challenge mode?
    Can be done in two phases or more, no one can have the aura twice, people can die annnnd drops a 320 weapon as a result and some other stuff.

Nosf on
  • Options
    this is a challenge i would like to attempt

is this HM or both or?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So I need a new headset for my Xbox One after my new puppy found the old one. Any recommendations? Or should I just get another one of the default "comes with the system" ones?

Dont get a default one please, I can still barely hear @Erevar at times when he uses that thing.

I got a pair of Astro A40's, which is basically a neccessity for me, due to bad hearing... I dont think I've heard the ambient music in any of the raids, ever - full party chat on, always.

Oddly enough, it's only with Sunday Best he sounds so quiet. I don't have a problem during Motorboat Kitten. I use the 'came with the console' headset. I don't think anyone has a problem hearing me so I don't think that's it. I also have the headset Erevar linked to but I don't use it much.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Challenge modes are for both normal and hard.

I picked up some Logitech headset, more for WoW / Mumble, and they all commented it was far and away better than my previous headset. Now that I have the 31337 controller, I can plug it into the controller itself with a little 5 dollar adapter.

Nosf on
  • Options
    cool beans

why are we all posting in the wrong thread omg the shame