As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Something is Turning My Clothes Orange

SnorkSnork wordJamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So all of a sudden this weird orange powder-like tint has been showing up on some of my clothes. It originally showed up only on this green shirt I wear for working out, so I thought nothing of it. Then it showed up very faintly on the cuff of a track jacket I've only had for a few weeks, and just today I noticed it on the knee of a brand new pair of pants I have only worn like twice. It's really irritating because it is ruining my clothes and I have no idea what causes it.
It must be contained, or reversed if possible.
It's hard to get it to show up with my webcam, but here is what I mean (linked because they're bmps)
http://www.freewebs.com/julianmidi/WebCam%5F20071030%5F1139%281%29.bmp
http://www.freewebs.com/julianmidi/WebCam%5F20071030%5F1140.bmp

Snork on

• HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, I have the same problem. What soaps do you use, both for yourself and your laundry? I thought it might be because of the soaps I use.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Get your water tested. You may have a problem with iron in your water.

Edgie on
  • PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's a bleached spot.
    Do you use benzoyl peroxide for acne?

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PirateJon, while that could be the source of some stains, look at how many stains there are on that green t-shirt.

My question is, do you wash your colored clothes with your white clothes? You're supposed to wash them separately..

Black Ice on
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I left a bunch of white undershirts in the washer, still wet, for like 4-5 days. After I pulled them out, they had some random orange spots on them. I figured it was mildew.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It could be rust in your water pipes.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    While I can not tell the texture of these spots, it looks like it is bleaching.

Check out the active ingredients in all your skin care stuff, check out the detergent and what not.

Make sure that you are not leaving your clothes on places where you have cleaned with bleach, IE A counter or a linoleum? floor.

Also make sure if you are using a spot treatment that it does not contain bleach in it, because even if you do not wash that article with other things, it may still come in contact or leave residue on the surface you are using it against.

Just think about everything you do that may contain bleach and how these clothes are coming in contact with it.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    if its at skin contact points it could be peroxide-containing products

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • 3vil0n33vil0n3 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had the same problem. We decided that my problem was coming from using the Axe body wash stuff. It was by far worst on my towel. I'm still using the stuff but haven't noticed it lately. Hmmmmm.

3vil0n3 on
    Animal Crossing. edward from raccoon
    Friend Code: 3178-9186-1924
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've had the exact same problem. It's topical acne medicine.

Gork on
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gork wrote: »
    I've had the exact same problem. It's topical acne medicine.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah I just figured that out while I was out in class today. You can't like un-do it with like vinegar or serious washing or anything can you? Is it a discoloration or a stain?

Snork on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As far as I know there is no way to reverse it short of trying to re-dye the cloth. I wouldn't suggest this.

RedDawn on
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nope, it's ruined. Sorry.

Just be mindful with the choice of colors in things that can't avoid contact with your facial skin, like pillowcases and towels. Shirts you just have to be careful/lucky with.

Gork on
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wish I knew how it got on my PANTS though.
    Thanks guys.

Snork on