As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    great now every time I read this thread title I'm going to struggle to pronounce 'Gjally'

gall-ey... yall-ey...jelly...

Deck the halls with rounds of Gjally?

Krampus approves.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I wonder if Bungie has a christmas event planned.

Killing Oryx while he's looking like Santa Claus could be interesting.

Sirialis on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    He's been giving me coal this whole time.
    Maybe for christmas he could give us decent drops. :/

PSN: jfrofl
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

Have you been naughty or nice?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Radiation wrote: »

He's been giving a lot of people coal for a long time, the HM Helmet is rarer than the fucking Vex Mythoclast.

Weird to see Bungie get told by Blizzard that pure RNG is a shit design and you need to have some kind of mechanic to counteract said pure RNG. (Moldering Shards is not that mechanic until it loses the ability to give nothing as a roll.)

And then Bungie makes King's Fall which is worse than all the other raids combined on that front.

Edit: This is a front page reddit thread - "Why is the Hard Mode Helmet so rare? Its making people mad, for no reason."

Sirialis on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Hi thread, with the referral system the seven day cut off starts when I actually play the game, not just purchase it online, correct? The PS Store has it super cheap and I wanna jump on that but I can't play it for a week and a half.

Thanks!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Hi thread, with the referral system the seven day cut off starts when I actually play the game, not just purchase it online, correct? The PS Store has it super cheap and I wanna jump on that but I can't play it for a week and a half.

Thanks!

you can do the referral link up and don't have to start playing right away

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Thanks!

you can do the referral link up and don't have to start playing right away

Yay, I'm gonna be a KinderGuardian soon then. :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    haha. running my hunter through the story missions, just picked up husk of the pit in fist of crota

guess i'll need to start doing HM crota every week forever

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm in the PA PS4 overflow clan (PA2?)

Is there a convenient way to see other PA'ers online and organize things or is it just using the forums/bungie.net/the100.io?

I'm getting into content on my Titan that would probably be better with a fireteam.

Edit - Also my available Destiny time is hard to plan around my ridiculous shifts and family activities.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Khraul wrote: »

Is there a convenient way to see other PA'ers online and organize things or is it just using the forums/bungie.net/the100.io?

I'm getting into content on my Titan that would probably be better with a fireteam.

Edit - Also my available Destiny time is hard to plan around my ridiculous shifts and family activities.

Unfortunately, Bungie doesn't offer anything in-game in the way of a clan roster, menu, or anything like that. So your best bet is to use the thread, the100.io, and occasionally our PS4 Community (which you can join by going to Friends -> Communities -> Friends' Communities, or something like that).

Edit: Oh, and to the extent that it's reasonable for you and not an intimidating timesink, you can just add a bunch of people from the mega-roster/anyone you see posting here in the thread to your friends list. You can certainly add me.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Unfortunately, Bungie doesn't offer anything in-game in the way of a clan roster, menu, or anything like that. So your best bet is to use the thread, the100.io, and occasionally our PS4 Community (which you can join by going to Friends -> Communities -> Friends' Communities, or something like that).

Edit: Oh, and to the extent that it's reasonable for you and not an intimidating timesink, you can just add a bunch of people from the mega-roster/anyone you see posting here in the thread to your friends list. You can certainly add me.

I'd thought about doing that but it seemed creepy just firing off a bunch of blind PSN friend requests :P

Is there a column in the megaroster that yay's/nay's being creeped on by Rando's? hahahaha

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Being on the Megaroster is tacit approval of getting creeped on ;) Usually best to send a message along with the request so we know you're from PA.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I'd thought about doing that but it seemed creepy just firing off a bunch of blind PSN friend requests :P

Is there a column in the megaroster that yay's/nay's being creeped on by Rando's? hahahaha

If you mention in your friend request "pax arcadia" or "pa" almost everyone in the clan will add you without a second thought.

Then just join on anyone that has open spots and is doing something you want to do (or look for open parties with PA people).

It's super easy!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    Awesome! I think I'll get some time online tomorrow night... If anyone sees a friend request from Razide6 it's me and I'm "totes cool" as the kids say...

...I dunno what kids say that... probably the socially awkward ones....

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    WOOT! I'm at 29, with the first part of the sunbreakers quest done. HYPE!

Oh awesome. Lets get a group together after the reset and get you through your first VoG.

Who wants in?

I'm 30! So me?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Awesome! I think I'll get some time online tomorrow night... If anyone sees a friend request from Razide6 it's me and I'm "totes cool" as the kids say...

...I dunno what kids say that... probably the socially awkward ones....

No. They don't. They say nothing.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Boozer wrote: »
    Shamelessly reposting this in the new thread:
    Finally put in the time to get my 45th fragment *cheers*.

My list of almost completed exotic bounties is growing. I still need to do the final missions for the Touch of Malice, No Time to Explain, and the Arc and Solar exotic swords.

If anyone needs to work on any of these as well (or is just feeling charitable) please let me know if you see me online playing Destiny (PSN: Boozer_777).

@Boozer

I actually replied in the old thread, like a dumb-ass:

As of Wednesday, I'll need both the Arc and Solar exotic sword missions, too, so if I see you on later in the week, I'll hit you up.

I'm pretty sure I solo'd the last bit of the NTTE quest (everything after putting down Atheon), so we could definitely do that, too. Wouldn't be an issue.

(I'm on fragment #44, but I'd need to actually get past Golgoroth in the raid one of these days for #45, so ... perhaps not that one.)

MrMiscreant on
    LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm "totes cool"
    Yeah on second thought maybe don't friend me
    <3

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    Welp. Day four of the Imprecation quest finally took a turn for the better. I managed to headshot four people that got stuck trying to get past each other in the tunnels on Thieves' Den. The fifth headshot came on an ambush one reload later.

Then the game freezes solid on my sixth headshot. At least half the game time remained in the match.

I can take a hint, Destiny. Time for bed.

PSN: strangerfork
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    lakhesis wrote: »
    Welp. Day four of the Imprecation quest finally took a turn for the better. I managed to headshot four people that got stuck trying to get past each other in the tunnels on Thieves' Den. The fifth headshot came on an ambush one reload later.

Then the game freezes solid on my sixth headshot. At least half the game time remained in the match.

I can take a hint, Destiny. Time for bed.

We need to get a support group together for survivors of and those still afflicted by the Imprecation quest.

I still have PTSD from it

• MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    We need to get a support group together for survivors of and those still afflicted by the Imprecation quest.

I'll be honest: I did the Chaperone quest legit. I did the Crucible stage of the sword quest legit -- three times!

But I cheesed Imprecation. I don't feel guilty about it one iota. It's that bad.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hotel wifi now allows xbone connection, but I am getting delayed weasel errors. #thestruggle

• DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Challenge mode appears to be active as of the reset.

It's a challenge on the Warpriest - streamers I'm watching didn't seem to notice a difference in the fight whatsoever, they just two cycled the Warpriest as normal... 320 artifact and 320 heavy looked like the rewards on offer.

Challenge looks like it might be kill the Warpriest in two cycles... or no deaths... conflicting reports. Kind of a failure on Bungie's part if people are just powering through the challenge without any indication that there was one...

I think it's been worked out now that the challenge is to not use the same aura holder twice - so if the glyph sequence lands on the same platform twice it needs to be a different person stands on the activating platform...

Dajoran on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Shamelessly reposting this in the new thread:
    Finally put in the time to get my 45th fragment *cheers*.

My list of almost completed exotic bounties is growing. I still need to do the final missions for the Touch of Malice, No Time to Explain, and the Arc and Solar exotic swords.

If anyone needs to work on any of these as well (or is just feeling charitable) please let me know if you see me online playing Destiny (PSN: Boozer_777).

@Boozer

I actually replied in the old thread, like a dumb-ass:

As of Wednesday, I'll need both the Arc and Solar exotic sword missions, too, so if I see you on later in the week, I'll hit you up.

I'm pretty sure I solo'd the last bit of the NTTE quest (everything after putting down Atheon), so we could definitely do that, too. Wouldn't be an issue.

(I'm on fragment #44, but I'd need to actually get past Golgoroth in the raid one of these days for #45, so ... perhaps not that one.)

I also need the Arc exotic sword quest done, but I suspect with your post being made at 5:17am where I am (in the UK), it might be a bit tricky to group up.

PSN Fleety2009
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Weird. That's two weeks in a row that I go to pick up bounties from Shaxx and the "Complete all of Shaxx's bounties" bounty pops in my inventory as complete. Nets me the reward and all.

Crucible weekly and nightfall done within an hour of the reset. Yay?

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Dajoran wrote: »

It's a challenge on the Warpriest - streamers I'm watching didn't seem to notice a difference in the fight whatsoever, they just two cycled the Warpriest as normal... 320 artifact and 320 heavy looked like the rewards on offer.

Challenge looks like it might be kill the Warpriest in two cycles... or no deaths... conflicting reports. Kind of a failure on Bungie's part if people are just powering through the challenge without any indication that there was one...

I think it's been worked out now that the challenge is to not use the same aura holder twice - so if the glyph sequence lands on the same platform twice it needs to be a different person stands on the activating platform...

Hey, I feel special. I totally called it that one of the rewards from at least one of the challenges had to be a 320 artifact. Go me!

oHqYBTXm.jpg

I'll be honest: I did the Chaperone quest legit. I did the Crucible stage of the sword quest legit -- three times!

But I cheesed Imprecation. I don't feel guilty about it one iota. It's that bad.

I've been doing a lot better than I expected. A good match usually nets me five headshots, with enough time left to pick up two more if the stars align. Definitely possible, and therein lies the rub.

The December update is going to "boost Imprecation's base range and magazine size", so I should be able to finish it after the patch lands. But I was kind of interested in how The First Curse handled pre-patch. I knew it was going to be nasty, but good grief. Considering cheesing it tonight so I can turn it in before Armsday.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

I've been doing a lot better than I expected. A good match usually nets me five headshots, with enough time left to pick up two more if the stars align. Definitely possible, and therein lies the rub.

The December update is going to "boost Imprecation's base range and magazine size", so I should be able to finish it after the patch lands. But I was kind of interested in how The First Curse handled pre-patch. I knew it was going to be nasty, but good grief. Considering cheesing it tonight so I can turn it in before Armsday.

Someone suggested in a previous thread, that zone control was the best place to get this quest done because those games tend to last a little bit longer, you have a good idea where the other team is most of the time, and you don't let the team down so much from using a rubbish weapon.

So when it became the daily a few days ago, I tried it out, and got painfully close in my first game (5 headshots in the first 2 mins then nothing for the rest), and then convincingly got it the 2nd game (both were on that new Mars map).

With the pulse rifle and shogun nerf (both in their current state make using a handcannon a complete pain to use), general handcannon buff and Imprecation's own buff, I'd have thought it would become easier, although maybe scouts rifles will become the king of primaries and fusion rifles will make us long for the return of shotguns.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, wasn't planning on playing tonight but I have to get that 320 heavy from challenge mode!
    Anyone on X1 interested in just getting Warpriest challenge done? I don't even much care for finishing the full raid, just want the challenge done for the loot.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Someone suggested in a previous thread, that zone control was the best place to get this quest done because those games tend to last a little bit longer, you have a good idea where the other team is most of the time, and you don't let the team down so much from using a rubbish weapon.

So when it became the daily a few days ago, I tried it out, and got painfully close in my first game (5 headshots in the first 2 mins then nothing for the rest), and then convincingly got it the 2nd game (both were on that new Mars map).

With the pulse rifle and shogun nerf (both in their current state make using a handcannon a complete pain to use), general handcannon buff and Imprecation's own buff, I'd have thought it would become easier, although maybe scouts rifles will become the king of primaries and fusion rifles will make us long for the return of shotguns.

This is a really good idea - I must have missed it in the last thread. I've been cycling through the team game types to keep things fresh, but haven't done Zone Control yet. I will give this a spin tonight, and hope for the best.

OK, wasn't planning on playing tonight but I have to get that 320 heavy from challenge mode!
    Anyone on X1 interested in just getting Warpriest challenge done? I don't even much care for finishing the full raid, just want the challenge done for the loot.

i am interested. i'll be good to go by like 7:30EST

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Oh yeah...I'm west coast and usually start around 8pst.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I was getting ready to cheese Imprecation. Told myself, "Okay, one more evening of Crucible. If it doesn't happen then fuck it, go get some folks to Rumble."

But that evening Shaxx was with me. I got my 7 headshot kills in like two minutes, swapped to Nirwen's Mercy, and proceeded to wreck shit for the rest of the match.

I'm pretty sure the only reason that happened is me spending the previous week or so getting absolutely destroyed in Crucible trying to use that fucking gun. So eventually I got put into a match with people who were as good with real guns as I was with Imprecation.

So the moral of the story:

When in doubt, fail until you're the king of failures.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    squall99x wrote: »
    Dajoran wrote: »

Hey, I feel special. I totally called it that one of the rewards from at least one of the challenges had to be a 320 artifact. Go me!

Challenge details:
    •Warpriest Fires faster.
    •High tier ads such as wizards and adepts spawn more quickly and more often.
    •Hallowed Knights spawn quicker.
    •Challenge is to kill the warpriest with different aura holders. There are reports of people getting the challenge mode loot using more than 2 phases as long as different aura holders are used. If someone gets the aura more than once you need to restart." (by /u/redka243)

Rewards for hard mode:

•Got calcified fragment!
    •Got new emblem!
    •320 Artifact as well as a 310 artifact!
    •Guaranteed 320 weapon and 310 weapon
    •Chance for exotic!

Nosf on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I don't know why I was putting that off. Imprecation seven precision kills done in 3 matches.

In fact I got them done so quickly on that 3rd match I equipped my Bad Juju and nearly won the Rumble match.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Because I'm an idiot and didn't know there was a new thread, reposting:
    Marikir wrote: »
    Well, sleep apparently trumped all my plans last night. Oh well.

On a related note, if anyone is running through King's Fall Normal Mode at some point this week and needs a body to fill a spot on the PS4, I've told my son I'd run his character through it at some point. He's over 300 Light, has good gear, just can't do it with his current circle of friends. And he'd love to get a chance at a Heavy Weapon over 300. Or to get raid weapons, he likes them. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a full carry, just a little bit on the jumping parts as my first person jumping skills SUCK.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    A couple people need Atheon for NTTE. Scheduling is tight, so I've made a group for 8am eastern on Sunday.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/437088

What is this I don't even.

Oh yeah...I'm west coast and usually start around 8pst.

oh

uh

well then

i can possibly make that. keep me in mind as a reserve if you can't get enough people

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    If I'm 297 and really don't feel like repeating normal raid over and over, would I be able to get into a HM? or is it pretty rough even at 300?

steam_sig.png