As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Just spitballing what have beeen (IMO) better Warpriest challenges than what we got (with the limitation that you can't change the fight itself since apparently Bungie didn't want to go that route.

1) kill him without killing any yellow knights

2) kill him without killing any wizards

3) kill him without killing/exploding any cursed thrall

4) aura holder has to do >10% of Warpriests health in damage

5) kill him without any adds remaining alive

6) kill him after all the pillars have been destroyed

7) land the killing blow with a melee attack (this would be kinda hilarious. get the boss down to a sliver of health then everyone charges him together and hopes to land the melee before he swats you into oblivion)

Is #1 possible? I thought you had to kill the knights to get the glyph sequence.

*rubs hands together evilly*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Just spitballing what have beeen (IMO) better Warpriest challenges than what we got (with the limitation that you can't change the fight itself since apparently Bungie didn't want to go that route.

1) kill him without killing any yellow knights

2) kill him without killing any wizards

3) kill him without killing/exploding any cursed thrall

4) aura holder has to do >10% of Warpriests health in damage

5) kill him without any adds remaining alive

6) kill him after all the pillars have been destroyed

7) land the killing blow with a melee attack (this would be kinda hilarious. get the boss down to a sliver of health then everyone charges him together and hopes to land the melee before he swats you into oblivion)

Is #1 possible? I thought you had to kill the knights to get the glyph sequence.

ah i think you're right

very well then switch it to red knights instead

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    although any of #1-#3 may not be possible since im not sure what triggers the yellow knights coming out

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I think it's clear why oryx isn't a random torn like sisters

Oryx challange will be not to use the same torn member twice

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    The best part of Destiny is shooting the things. Why would they make a challenge be about *not* shooting the things? O_o

#4, #6, and #7 sounds like they could be fun/interesting, though. =D

(#4 would be pretty horrible unless you get a confirmation that the aura-holder(s) had reached the threshold for challenge completion)
    (#6 could still be doable with 2 auras if you send one person each to the two other glyphs before the Oversoul thinger goes boom)
    (#7... We should try #7 tonight and post the results tomorrow. xD)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    On a related note- its been a while since I did this. What's the best way to farm legendary marks? Just daily PVP, Weekly PVP, Heroics ad nausem?

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Boozer wrote: »
    Shamelessly reposting this in the new thread:
    Boozer wrote: »
    Finally put in the time to get my 45th fragment *cheers*.

My list of almost completed exotic bounties is growing. I still need to do the final missions for the Touch of Malice, No Time to Explain, and the Arc and Solar exotic swords.

If anyone needs to work on any of these as well (or is just feeling charitable) please let me know if you see me online playing Destiny (PSN: Boozer_777).

@Boozer

I actually replied in the old thread, like a dumb-ass:

As of Wednesday, I'll need both the Arc and Solar exotic sword missions, too, so if I see you on later in the week, I'll hit you up.

I'm pretty sure I solo'd the last bit of the NTTE quest (everything after putting down Atheon), so we could definitely do that, too. Wouldn't be an issue.

(I'm on fragment #44, but I'd need to actually get past Golgoroth in the raid one of these days for #45, so ... perhaps not that one.)

I also need the Arc exotic sword quest done, but I suspect with your post being made at 5:17am where I am (in the UK), it might be a bit tricky to group up.

So last night after stumbling my way through the ToO bounties on my main and a good chunk of the Crucible quest-line I found someone on the100.io that also needed to finish up the Touch of Malice Quest, after we did that I dragged them into helping me finish NTTE as well (though you're right it did seem solo-able if somewhat of a slog). So two out of four complete!

@MrMiscreant I have you on my friends list (and I think we play at somewhat similar times) so if I see you on next time I play I'll take you up on that. We can go for one or both swords. Thanks.
    @Redcoat-13 I am on the east coast of the US but I am also an insane parent that would rather game than sleep. I tend to play on UK time so it's entirely possible that we could be playing at the same time. I'll be sure to add you on PSN.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    On a related note- its been a while since I did this. What's the best way to farm legendary marks? Just daily PVP, Weekly PVP, Heroics ad nausem?

Yarp.

Iron Banner and Trials are also good weekly/monthly injections. Each usually has a couple bounties that you can do on each character for 25/50 marks on completion (Trials has 2x25 bounties every week).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark and @Elki

What is the 4 person strategy? I must know.

In particular for the pillars/annihilator totems as that one drives me bonkers as I don't know how to recover it when people die with 6 people and no one wants to experiment with me.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Oh man, they should totally re-use the Devouring Essence debuff from Skolas somewhere in challenge mode. I mean, I guess it doesn't work as well with a 6 person group, but that debuff was amazing.

• Options
    Oh man, they should totally re-use the Devouring Essence debuff from Skolas somewhere in challenge mode. I mean, I guess it doesn't work as well with a 6 person group, but that debuff was amazing.

Sadly, as someone pointed out elsewhere, they can't change the mechanics of the fight at all since it's not something you trigger from orbit or anything so the game has no idea if you're attempting challenge mode or just a normal clear.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    After many failed trials runs (and whiny posts on this forum), I actually had an amazing go of things last night, and it left me more stoked to play Destiny than I have been in a long, long time.

On advice of someone here (mossnack?), I joined up with a couple of random dudes from destinylfg.com. They were clearly IRL friends, but I didn't mind playing the third wheel. Also very un-PA-like in rather humorous fashion (OH SHIT i]the prohibited word[/i GET ON THAT REZ!!). Despite all that, they were pretty cool, and we got into a decent groove. Made it to 8 wins, so no shiny screencaps, but it's still by far the closest I have ever made it to the lighthouse. What's more, it was by no means a carry, with all of us maintaining pretty comparable KD over the course of the matches.

I think it was the encouragement I needed that the lighthouse isn't out of reach with the right team. Can't wait for Friday...

Fuck yeah, dude. I'm glad lfg worked out for ya. It's gotten me flawless two weeks in a row and may even have made me some permanent crucible friends. I'm pretty stoked you're having success with it as well.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ITT: "The new challenge mode doesn't kick me in the balls enough. I want to be kicked harder in the balls for my rewards."

You people are crazy. I will happily take an easier challenge for guaranteed 320 drops.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    They really should have probably stayed away from the "Challenge Mode" nomenclature as that brings very specific ideas to people's minds as to what it should or should not be. Most of the things Sir Landshark mentioned are things that you normally see streamers and such do for added challenge after they are bored of/beat the hell out of the raid. Kinda like that one guy who solo'd Crotas End without being hit once and walking backwards. No I am not making that up.

But I think what Bungie really wanted was "optional objectives" rather than "Challenges" which to someone that has played other games (especially something like WoW) brings a whole different set of ideas to mind. Since Yogg 0 was mentioned that's an example of what I was talking about. Yogg 0 if my memory serves me was all about your DPS and healing, do you have enough DPS / healing to down the boss quick enough so the mechanics and tentacles don't overwhelm you. Destiny can't really replicate some of these types of challenges because their is generally not a true support component to the game. AND dps checks tend to be super unfun in a shooter (at least compared to like WoW or what not, at least to me). HM Oryx was/is already a pain in the ass because its a huge light level/ dps check like nothing else in the raid and if you haven't had enough drops or run the raid enough times it basically just gives you the middle finger.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

I want a six-man version of the Skolas fight with two essences in play.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

Whoah there Satan.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

How about just go ahead and make a VIP spawn at the same time as the mines while you're at it? Maybe put the adds spawn back to a timer instead of health-thresholds?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    ITT: "The new challenge mode doesn't kick me in the balls enough. I want to be kicked harder in the balls for my rewards."

You people are crazy. I will happily take an easier challenge for guaranteed 320 drops.

I want to be kicked in the balls Obi

Just once bungie pls

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I literally give no shit about loot, never have in any MMO game. My old WoW guild used to have to force me to take loot.

Ed: ok not technically true. I enjoy collecting the different exotics.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    @Sir Landshark and @Elki

What is the 4 person strategy? I must know.

In particular for the pillars/annihilator totems as that one drives me bonkers as I don't know how to recover it when people die with 6 people and no one wants to experiment with me.

I'll post it up later tonight if elki doesn't answer you sooner.

• Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    The best part of Destiny is shooting the things. Why would they make a challenge be about *not* shooting the things? O_o

#4, #6, and #7 sounds like they could be fun/interesting, though. =D

(#4 would be pretty horrible unless you get a confirmation that the aura-holder(s) had reached the threshold for challenge completion)
    (#6 could still be doable with 2 auras if you send one person each to the two other glyphs before the Oversoul thinger goes boom)
    (#7... We should try #7 tonight and post the results tomorrow. xD)

Please do a group battle cry as you charge. Maybe quote something inspirational from Braveheart.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I literally give no shit about loot, never have in any MMO game. My old WoW guild used to have to force me to take loot.

I used to hoard DKP because it annoyed people. Like... why do you even care if I have all the points?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Man, Skolas fight was so great once they removed burns.

Was some bullshit getting to Skolas, but once there and when it came together? It felt so good.

Actually yeah, more 3 man Raid-level content, Bungie, pls.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Is there a group doing the HM challenge on Xbone side? I would be interested in joining if there are spots open.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Is there a group doing the HM challenge on Xbone side? I would be interested in joining if there are spots open.

there's one on the 100 for tonight

https://www.the100.io/game/437203

well, kinda

looks like four in and two reserve so i dunno what that means

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Hawk I think barely clears 303 or something...

*sobs quietly in the corner*

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Jay, I may be on later tonight trying to put together an ad-hoc group since the 100 group is too early for me. But I'm also recovering from illness so tonight may not work out. Also may be looking for later in the week if don't get a shot in tonight.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    A couple people need Atheon for NTTE. Scheduling is tight, so I've made a group for 8am eastern on Sunday.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/437088

Man, I can't believe I'm waking up at 6 in the morning to do this.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Well, I got a 310 Crest of Alpha Lupi out of the Nightfall (forgot to pop 3 of coins, stupid!); I don't know if it was when the strike was finished I hurridly changed my gear so that I was 311...

And for those who want a challenge during the Oryx fight: what if he is regularly "draining your Light" and making the air crackle...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    A couple people need Atheon for NTTE. Scheduling is tight, so I've made a group for 8am eastern on Sunday.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/437088

Man, I can't believe I'm waking up at 6 in the morning to do this.

Sounds like something that's both casual and hardcore at the same time

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Marikir I am throwing together a Normal mode run, if you can get online soonish. We have 4 currently. So we need 2 more.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So is this XB1 HM challenge on the100 still happening?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options

my body is ready but i havent heard from anyone

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular

I hope so. If not, I'm just going to continue marathon viewing Rick and Morty.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Forget Week 1 of Bungie's Challenge Mode. Skip it. Instead, try...

Pax Arcadia Challenge Mode!

Week 1: Golgoroth Ain't Noise Pollution
    -Defeat Golgoroth using only Rock Band instruments
    -No standard controllers allowed
    -One player on guitar
    -One player on bass
    -One player on drums
    -One player on lead vocals
    -One player on backup vocals
    -That's it because you can't find a sixth person to attempt this shit

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I've put up a provisional Vault of Glass normal mode up on the100 for Thursday at 10pm GMT (2pm PST) on PS4 - Let me know if that time suits you @Varega and I'll adjust to fit.

Here it is on the100: https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/438054

If you want to join and you're not in the100 group, just @ me on here and I'll sort it out.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »

First group is full w/ people via the100, looks like there are several interested in a slightly later start.

XBL: The SquidProQuo
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    weddellkw wrote: »
    sPider817 wrote: »

First group is full w/ people via the100, looks like there are several interested in a slightly later start.

I am still interested as well

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    OMG I am leveling too fast and now I am worried I will have to learn how to play this game... (I'm 35).

It seems like any useful information out there just assumes one played the vanilla game, so a loser like me is totally lost. I think I have grasped the basics of how everything functions. I get engrams, infusion, the factions, etc. But the overwhelming choices presented are a bit daunting. Should I be trying to buy some stuff right away, do strikes, farm something... I dunno.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    One raid down this week, Challenge mode is a breeze this week.. We have spots open for Wed, thurs, and Friday if anyone on PS4 is looking to get in on a HM/Challenge Raid. wed/thur 6pm PST Fri 7pm PST

Zebukiel on