As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Online ticket sites can't keep up with the [Star Wars] hype. New trailer in OP!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That's where I've heard the name before

Getting that Disney money all-around I guess

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    There's a thread about Hamilton on the front page of this forum!

It's really good!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I've never heard of that

I'm not nearly trendy enough to know anything about Broadway musicals before the inevitable major motion picture comes out

Oh and I've heard of The Book of Mormon, I have to imagine a film version will eventually happen

you are the worst, Burr

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    CVFPThEVEAAqK2G.png

god I love gwendoline Christie

even for the three seconds of Mockingjay pt 2 she was in

even though those three seconds also starred her absolutely horrific American accent

When I was making fun of how the stromtrooper outfits you can buy are made for someone only up to 6 feet tall
    She answered my tweet saying that they would get people about her height for the close in shots so it did not look as bad
    So not to fret it they do make stormtrooper outfits for the tall

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Weaver on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That is

pretty cool actually

Like it kinda makes the prequels look cool

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    That is

pretty cool actually

Like it kinda makes the prequels look cool

To be fair though, I'd imagine that, if you tried hard enough, you could take nearly any film and extract 2 to 3 seconds of awesome from it.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    The trailer for episode I was really good.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Where is that Endor footage from? I don't remember anything like that in the movie, even the special edition.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The Clone Wars TV series has helped me to realize that while I disliked how JarJar was used in the movies more, I dislike C-3PO as a character even more.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Where is that Endor footage from? I don't remember anything like that in the movie, even the special edition.

It looks like the training montage?

Yoda is on Luke's back.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I thought the footage of the Falcon fighting above Endor was cut from the Ep VII trailer, imposed on the background from Ep VI Endor space battle.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »

It looks like the training montage?

Yoda is on Luke's back.

Degobah

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    The fuck

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    That tweet needs to be set to the music of either Benny Hill or Monty Python.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Han solo is "kind of a criminal?" He's a drug smuggler. That's terribly illegal. If you're just going by the movies I guess he doesn't seem so bad, but he's been boasting of his criminal achievements even in the movie.

Granted, some people might not consider crimes against the empire a bad thing, but even if the republic was running, what he's doing is super illegal.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently 2,500 actors are being auditioned/looked at for Han Solo in the Lord/Miller solo film including Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Tom Felton, Leo Howard, Logan Lerman, Jack Reynor, Max Thieriot, Miles Teller, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nick Robinson , Tony Oller, Chandler Riggs, Hunter Parish, Landon Liboiron, Ed Westwick, Joshua Sasse, Colton Haynes and Rami Malek.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don't think I want any of those!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I don't think I want any of those!
    Good thing there are thousands more!

I think some of those dudes could be really neat in the role, personally

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    For some reason a while back I was thinking Garrett Hedlund could do a decent job

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    For some reason a while back I was thinking Garrett Hedlund could do a decent job
    Oh god no please

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The original rumor was Aaron Paul, which I think could be great

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    At any rate that list seems to cover a weirdly wide age range

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Rami Malek?

yeah why not

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Those sure are a bunch of names I've never heard

Except Colton Hayes, whose most recent credit is "puzzle gamer on subway"

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    If Colton Hayes gets in we'll have a Han Solo who does a bunch of dumb flips, right

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    At any rate that list seems to cover a weirdly wide age range

As an actor myself, I'd always hoped to audition for a part like that. Young Han Solo, young Indy, something like that. I realized today that I'm roughly the same age as Ford was when he got the part of all-growed-up Solo in the first movie.

So... probably not so much then, lol.

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    Refereshers are only listed under the legends tab, that means bathrooms aren't canon any more.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If Colton Hayes gets in we'll have a Han Solo who does a bunch of dumb flips, right

HAN SOLO!!!!!

flip9nyo3.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

HAN SOLO!!!!!

flip9nyo3.gif

I've come to appreciate the guy on the left attacking him who is really trying to sell that he's swinging on this dude when he's been clearly told to get the fuck out the way so we can see Roy do a flip.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If you can believe it, that isn't even the best Ray flip from Arrow.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Han solo is "kind of a criminal?" He's a drug smuggler. That's terribly illegal. If you're just going by the movies I guess he doesn't seem so bad, but he's been boasting of his criminal achievements even in the movie.

Granted, some people might not consider crimes against the empire a bad thing, but even if the republic was running, what he's doing is super illegal.

Where is it stated that he smuggled drugs?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

It's not

But if we're going specifically by that one movie, they mention the "spice mines of Kessel" and Han boasts about the "Kessel run"

Plus he's literally a smuggler

It is not established what the "spice" is for (I forget what the fuck the EU had to say about it, I'm pretty sure it was not recreational) or why Han would smuggle it (lots of money) but you can connect a few dots there

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Ah

For some reason I always pictured him as smuggling weapons

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ah

For some reason I always pictured him as smuggling weapons

Well I mean

Smugglers gotta smuggle

I imagine he was not super selective

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

It's not

But if we're going specifically by that one movie, they mention the "spice mines of Kessel" and Han boasts about the "Kessel run"

Plus he's literally a smuggler

It is not established what the "spice" is for (I forget what the fuck the EU had to say about it, I'm pretty sure it was not recreational) or why Han would smuggle it (lots of money) but you can connect a few dots there

In the EU, Spice was recreational drugs, though some of them had non-recreational uses as well. Like Deathsticks were usually used just to get high, but could also be used by force sensitives that wanted to suppress their force sensitivity.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Han was smuggling Melange for Jabba, who is secretly a Navigator. The spice must flow.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    you know I never realized they didn't say what spice was in the movies. and the deleted jabba scene is where they mention what cargo it was.

This discussion has been closed.