As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canadian Care Package: Shipping Question

2»

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Aside from subjecting somehow to Hickory Sticks, looks fine to me.

Greyhound? Isn't that just a bus? Any old shipping service will do ya.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I haven't had trouble sending stuff through the mail, just make sure the box is sturdy enough and the description on the label is accurate. Haven't tried Greyhound so can't comment on how much of a hassle it is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Should I wait to seal box? or as long as I provide proper list and such they can just xray? are we able to wrap a few of the things ?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The people at Canada Post could care less about what's in the box, seal it up before you go to the post office. It's the people at the border who are going to cut it open and inspect it so I would probably not bother to gift wrap anything, or if you do, do it in something super classy like newspaper so it's no great loss.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    The people at Canada Post could care less about what's in the box, seal it up before you go to the post office. It's the people at the border who are going to cut it open and inspect it so I would probably not bother to gift wrap anything, or if you do, do it in something super classy like newspaper so it's no great loss.

I disagree. Go ahead and gift wrap it.

I've never had anything actually opened. It's not super common.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Hickory sticks are the best.

And yeah, just wrap and seal it before getting there, also try and box it with the expectation that at least two people will walk on it.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The one time I've ever had a package opened by customs was a package of snacks and herbal soups sent by my wifes family from Hong Kong. They took the jerky and the soups that had dried fish in them and left a note saying so, and everything else in the box was untouched.
    Doesn't look like you've got any meat products or fresh fruits so they'll probably ignore it. Just write something like "chips, candy, snack food" on the contents thing, and as long as a dog doesn't smell something crazy on it you should be good.

steam_sig.png