As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Have been keeping up with Black Desert for awhile but that games western/EU release is becoming shadier and shadier. I do not think I am going to plunk money down on this, but this is seeming like the winner in these upcoming action packed mmos.

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Have been keeping up with Black Desert for awhile but that games western/EU release is becoming shadier and shadier. I do not think I am going to plunk money down on this, but this is seeming like the winner in these upcoming action packed mmos.

I have been eagerly awaiting BDO, but the more and more I see about it the more skeptical I become. It has a fatigue system, which instantly puts me on alert (though you can earn back fatigue points through quests and such).

So far the combat in this has been a lot better than I was expecting. It feels really good, but I dislike the aesthetic. Either way I'll give this a few weeks on release.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Does anyone have/know where to find a key for this beta weekend? I want to mess around with this one but I don't really want to put down $ yet.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So I've played enough to know that this is something I'm probably going to want to play at release.

Strangely enough it might actually be the arena PvP that keeps me in to it. It really is a blast.

But there is also BDO coming soon-ish. B2P is a business model I can get behind. Plus I am a sucker for sandbox stuff.

All in all though I have to say the Korean's have been stepping up their game in recent years. Most of the innovation I've been seeing in the MMO genre has been coming from them. No matter how things play out it's an exciting time for MMO fans.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    There is worries that bdo might be b2p but still try pulling the f2p model shenanegans. So far they have been unwilling to disclose what will be included in the game here when you have to buy it upfront, which is sketchy

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I hope we get some more keybinding customization at release, this game is pretty button intensive. One weird thing is it won't let me assign my Strafe Left/Right skills to Shift + Move Left/Right, which would free up a lot of real estate. Also some of the button groups for skills are weird with no logical consistency, but I doubt we'll ever be able to rearrange those because of all the conflicts it could cause.

Does anyone play with gamepad? At first glance the default controls seem awful but it might be useful with extensive remapping.

Deans on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I made a force master and joined red team. First thing I did when I was outside the first town was murder a giant axe wielding woman with fire and ice.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Is PvP unavoidable in this game?

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Is PvP unavoidable in this game?

Not at all! You're only vulnerable if you wear a uniform of a PvP faction. There are also arenas for duels and team fights.

• Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    So, anyone wanna play together? Possibly a guild of people on some server? :D

• Options
    Seems like some invites went out for this weeks testing. I got one just tonight when it opens up tomorrow morning. Well thats not a lot of time to download :|

I was about to get into wow and try to build up one of its free game time tokens too, but now I have something else to do for a week I guess.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, they said invites would be going out today sometime. Only heard about it yesterday night when I watched the vod of the Force Master stream. the announcement that the game will be releasing Januay 16th was also made during the stream and I've updated the OP with the info.

Also, sorry if I haven't been attentive to the thread but the beta schedule plus my work schedule has been uncooperative with making any progress during the weekends but with the week long beta coming out I will hopefully be able to actually sit down and play a decent amount and possibly record stuff maybe who knows.

For now though, I too shall be doing WoW stuffs.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I finished the DL and it says Europe servers are open? I am trying to launch the game to see what happens but it isn't launching.

But I hope to get some time in. I do not have the time to do both (I would barely have enough time to do any WoW stuff) so I need to focus.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I see its actually saying the Europe server option is available. I did get it to load, its not up yet. I guess I am ready for tomorrow though.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    The Europe server available now but none of the servers are actually going to be up and running until 10am PST tomorrow.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    RebootReboot Registered User regular
    Don't think it's shared here yet - the official launch is on 19 January 2016, per the website.

• Options
    I have managed to avoid info on this game forever, but I decided to mass catch up to speed since I can play it tonight.

Everything I am seeing is making me LOVE this game. Of course it will depend on what happens when I get in, but I really like the playstyle, the classes, the feel, but most of all the visuals are killing it for me.

Also damn I cannot wait until I am allowed to buy my dream computer.

• Options
    So is anyone fiddling around in the CBT that I could play around with? I mean I only hit 4 on one char last night, and want to try a different class just for fun, but if there is anyone that would want to mess around as low levels on the arena or something because I just want to see what the PVP is like, even at low level. I tried some random games last night, didn't know there is no form of Matchmaking for letting it pick matches for you so I got a lot of high levels. I did get one match vs a level 5 and that was fun.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I ended up picking the top server, good thing too cause the middle one is apparently the one that's been around since Alpha. Been playing Kung-Fu Master and it's been pretty damned amazing after getting more abilities.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I picked that one too. What level are you?

I plan on trying my FM tonight and not taking it so slow with the intro. If I can catch up to your level we should do spars in the arena.

• Options
    Was Level 11 when I stopped.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I got to level 4 on Mushin before my modem reset itself. Not sure my name fits the world though. May have to start over.

• Options
    I played through a bunch of classes before finally settling on Assassin.

I didn't like it at first either, but it just built and grew on me till it became fantastic. Helps that it was also the closest I could get to enjoying the arenas on a low level.

But man, when you hit level 10 skills just start flooding in and there becomes a lot to start figuring out.

I don't think I want to do much more right now though, as I don't want to get too far to have to just do it all over again.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The client for this game just feels super dated. It also has one of those bad full screen modes where your mouse will go to your other monitor, which is not great for the type of movement this game uses.

Combat is pretty fun, though. I made a blade dancer, and it seems pretty fun. I wish they weren't tied to the Lyn, but with the way a lot of the costumes look I actually feel less sleazy playing one of them.

• Options
    The lyn are atrocious but their costumes are the most practical of all. So it is kind of a toss up.

I want to try a summoner but I hate the lyn.

I seem to have found a clan on Mushin for now. I dunno where we will end up on release, but I think I am dead set on playing this come January.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Lyn cosplay as pandas and giant plums. It is the most sickeningly cute shit.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    So for everyone who got to play last week, what were your impressions?

I am still really in love with the game. Too much maybe, as this whole week has been me not really knowing what the hell to play because I miss B&S. I am going to do all the PVP and likely enjoy some of the PVE as well.

It is pretty clear there is no where near enough people from here playing to do any type of guild thing, but it would be nice to see if some of us end up on the same server.

• Options
    I'm probably going to give it a shot, but the client's crappy fullscreen mode just does not play well with dual monitors. I can see it getting me killed a lot if I do pvp.

• Options
    I enjoyed what I got to play, the Kung-Fu Master class was a hell of a lot of fun. Not very many games really get the whole 'brawler' feel down, and you definitely feel as if you're making use of your body as a weapon rather than just the spiky knuckles on your fists.

• Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    I enjoyed what I got to play, the Kung-Fu Master class was a hell of a lot of fun. Not very many games really get the whole 'brawler' feel down, and you definitely feel as if you're making use of your body as a weapon rather than just the spiky knuckles on your fists.

Totally agree. I plan on being a punch-girl come launch. The kinetic feel of the Kung-fu Master was surprising to me, given that the game is an MMO. PvP with it was a helluva lot of fun.

Y8vY0Dk.jpg

I also love the fact that there is no armor, just clothes.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Not much in the way of clothes, either, by that shot.

Artereis on
  • Options
    There's a reason I picked a male character :P. I'm not against sexy looking outfits/armor, but a lot of them really sacrifice the cool factor of the design just to be more showy.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I'd prefer more fabric on top too, but the tattoos, the giant baggy pants, etc it is still aces.

Hard to tell in the pic, but I spent a lot of time making her look like someone who could punch a tree to death. That said the chest slider is, believe it or not, on minimum. :?

edit- Though, on the whole, Jesus Christ female clothing is. . . well it is a thing.

Axen on
  • Options
    The Korean versions latest patch just released a new class that basically plays like a combo of Kung Fu Master and Force Master. Oh, and it hits fast as FUCK.

There are actually a good amount of covering costumes but they do also tend to be the boring ones (not because they aren't sexy, just don't seem to be as stylish).

I am likely going to main Assassin but I kind of want my secondary to be Blade Master. There is something awesome about being able to block everything.

• Options
    If you're the type who enjoys anime and Blade & Soul then I suggest checking out the Blade & Soul anime. It is surprisingly badass and full of the oh so good graphic violence.

• Options
    I just really, really like the gameplay. I skipped most of the story so far as I will take it slow when its a release character.

I actually finagled my way onto the Chinese version just to get my fix now and fiddle with some classes for practice. BM is super fun too.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I love the counter abilities that I'm seeing on the KF Master, but I really dig the aesthetic of the Sword Master more, do they have any counters?

• Options
    Just a block, but you can skill it to include a deflect if timed right.

The only other class with a counter I think is Assassin? Theirs puts them into stealth.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm trying to decide if playing a Blade Dancer or Summoner is worth playing a Lyn.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I will be playin this, Jun Blademaster. I kind of bought the Master pack completely on the principle that I've been following this game since it was announced in Korea, but I've only been dipping my toes into the CBT to keep it fresh, since this is my Legion waiting room game. Anyone have a preferred server?

• Options
    Is there any word on if those CBT servers are the final servers?

The clan I am joining is on Mushin currently. I think that is what it was called.