As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2016 [registration] live!

1235»

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    It had to have just happened, I was just on the site like three hours ago and Sunday was still available.

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    just saw Sunday sold out ... when did that even happen?

About 12:30am EST

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Well I saw them available all day today so not sure whats going on .. I just saw now they where gone. At 4pm EST it said some where available.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Good catch...not sure Khoo saw it yet, no tweet from him about it.

• Introvert2001Introvert2001 Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Sundays are indeed all gone, which is surprising to me

Introvert2001 on
    East '15, '16
    East 2017 Tickets? Check!
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Why? All passes have sold out in about a month or less the last 2 years.

• Introvert2001Introvert2001 Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

Why? All passes have sold out in about a month or less the last 2 years.

Yeah I don't know what I was smoking when I thought it did surprise me, just checked the sellout spreadsheet and Sundays for last year sold out in 37 days.
    Fun fact, 16 days is only one day shy of the record sell out times for east, which sold out in 15 days for 2014.

Introvert2001 on
    East '15, '16
    East 2017 Tickets? Check!
    In ticket news PAX Aus tickets are on sale ...

I clicked the showtix link and was instantly brought to the buy tickets page .. no queue :)

Apparently AUS ticket sales are slow as they announced yesterday when they would go on sale and the event is not until 11 months from now :)

Wish East sold a little slower :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    It definitely was nice when badges sold slower. For my first trip to both Prime(2012) and East(2013) I had time to talk to my brother and friends to see who wanted to go(East was completely unplanned), and we coordinated people to buy badges. Now I get an idea ahead of time for who's going and tell them to have money ready since you need to be in queue ASAP when the tweet goes out. For East I started telling people to have ~$150 in case we didn't get 3-day passes(we didn't :sad:).

But it is what it is, now that PAX is so popular. I do prefer the PAX method of badge sales compared to BlizzCon, which announces sales ahead of time. The anticipation leading up to BlizzCon sales completely wears me out.

OysterPrime on
    PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, our first East (2012) we just decided in January to go, and 3 days were still available! Didn't know about OnPeak that year so got a hotel from expedia, but eh. Now, it's just crazy.

pax%20sig.png
    I have been fortunate to get be able to go to all PAX east shows so far since PAX has been to Boston (Hynes Convention Center).

I buy the tickets for me and a friend and as I am in queue I tweet,text,email,facebook and whatever else I can do to all my other friends to get their tickets. And all those friends do the same.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    I have been fortunate to get be able to go to all PAX east shows so far since PAX has been to Boston (Hynes Convention Center).

I buy the tickets for me and a friend and as I am in queue I tweet,text,email,facebook and whatever else I can do to all my other friends to get their tickets. And all those friends do the same.

Same here. We have our action plans in place, we all keep approximate ticket price on hand when we know tickets are coming up, and we make sure of who needs to grab tickets ahead of time, and we keep a close watch out once we know the tickets should be coming out. I had PAX east site open for weeks waiting for it to go live with the ticket sales. It's a bit annoying, but it's part of it. Also we live in Boston so we don't at all have to worry about hotels so we can all be on the ticket buying.

Yeah I live just outside of Boston myself so hotels are not needed. Tough we have though about it cause be better than driving in every day :)

To part of the fun of PAX for me is trying to get tickets. While I may not get a 3 day each show I'm almost positive I will be able to get separate days.

I'm also lucky that I can buy at work from my phone if I have to. Usually my phone is at about 15% charge when I get out of work. While waiting for tix to go on sale I have to charge my phone 3-4 times a day in 8 hours :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Yeah I live just outside of Boston myself so hotels are not needed. Tough we have though about it cause be better than driving in every day :)

To part of the fun of PAX for me is trying to get tickets. While I may not get a 3 day each show I'm almost positive I will be able to get separate days.

I'm also lucky that I can buy at work from my phone if I have to. Usually my phone is at about 15% charge when I get out of work. While waiting for tix to go on sale I have to charge my phone 3-4 times a day in 8 hours :)

Man this is the first year I missed a 3 day. I wish I could find one just so I can try to complete my set. Not going to complain though cause I still got my three one days.

I'd be willing to swap badges when Sunday ends if you want so you can continue that set :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    I'd be willing to swap badges when Sunday ends if you want so you can continue that set :)

I could be very down for that!

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I remember my first PAX was totally unplanned and on a whim, I grabbed a 3 day pass without any issue 3 months after they went on sale. AND they were $55 back then!

Now I turn my hair grey stressing about being near a computer for a 30 second window and worrying about not having enough money saved to buy for me and 3 friends.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    So 3 days aren't even showing on the show clix link anymore, weird

pax%20sig.png