As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On]World of Darkness: Hidden Reality

gredavingredavin Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Critical Failures
I am running a game on rpol.net for Salt, with an off chance that there may be room for other players soon enough.

The basic idea is that you play ordinary humans who slowly learn about the supernatural world. It's going to be a sort of 30's noir story. Salt is playing a PI. My aim is to have the player(s) eventually become Hunters, but without any of the cool powers. Ordinary humans fighting impossible odds.

This is going to be very story oriented, very character infused, so if you're looking for high action, this ain't your game. There may be one more slot open soon, at most two more. You are also free to watch the game as well, just PM a join request.

Here is a link to the game:

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=20517&gn=Evidence+of+Elsewhere&date=1161884236

The introductory post is in the IC section.

Cheers,

Gred

gredavin on

• Options
    Naked_NinjaNaked_Ninja Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really dig the opening to your game. Great writing style.

Naked_Ninja on
    Implementor.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    I am intrigued. I might join in.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Ninja,

Thanks!

Kakos,

You're in when the time comes. I'll message you later about the chargen details.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Anyone interested in this game? I haven't received any word from Salt for a few days about this game, so I am thinking I'll open up the game to a new player who's up for posting at a daily rate.

gredavin on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    gredavin wrote:
    Anyone interested in this game? I haven't received any word from Salt for a few days about this game, so I am thinking I'll open up the game to a new player who's up for posting at a daily rate.
    D:

I'm not trying to be unreliable, but... school's been a real hassle for me lately, and with exams coming up, I don't think it'll change. I don't want to give up my place, but if this keeps up (and I think it will) I think that might be for the best.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Alright, the spot is officially open.

If you are interested, here is the game idea:

1) Game system will be Vampire for character generation and general dice rolling. You need to be a P.I type.

2) Setting is 1928, spring in Chicago. The introduction gives the scenario. Essentially, the player will be a normal person, who gains glimpses into the 'real' world. Eventually, he may have to decide just who's side he is on. Maybe a Hunter (without the powers), maybe a vampire. Hell, he might even learn things about 'reality' and his ability to affect it. (mage)

I am fully up for taking this game wherever, its entirely an open narrative.

3) Posting could be daily, more or less, but nothing short of every other day. I will write updates with style, not generic 'this happens next' scenarios. I am looking at is a writing exercise actually, so if that is something you are looking at as well, let me know.

Looking to start as soon as possible.

gredavin on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I am interested. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

cytorak on