As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WORLD PREMIERE: [The Game Awards] and [Playstation Experience]

1434445464749»

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    That would be poetic, a remake gaurenteed to make you money doesnt because you spent so much money of production

Video games in a nutshell really

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    FF7 Remake is running on Unreal Engine 4

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    An episodic re-make of an 18 year old game.

We live in interesting video game times folks.

I wonder what the sales of ff7 look like after all the re releases and this soon to be episodic remake

Its kind of ridiculous how much money theyve made off of this one thing
    The first episode, at least, will sell a shit ton

Between the nostalgia factor and the sheer curiosity of those who were too young/never played it getting able to play a modernized take on one of the biggest games of all time

That thing is gonna make a ridiculous sum of money

Question is whether it will make enough to cover its probably ridiculous budget

Most likely if it's episodic, so long as they don't price themselves into oblivion.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Help I'm playing ff7 again please send help.

You can steal a Hardedge from Soldier 3rd Classes in the Shinra Tower.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Nomura confirmed they were splitting it up into episodes because there's too much content to put into a single modern game all at once, and it was a choice between episodes and "cutting things"

which means MY WALL MARKET CROSS-DRESSING HOPES LIVE ON

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Nomura confirmed they were splitting it up into episodes because there's too much content to put into a single modern game all at once, and it was a choice between episodes and "cutting things"

God that scene is gonna be so great if they do it right. Playing it again they actually handled it surprisingly well for 1997.

rhylith wrote: »

God that scene is gonna be so great if they do it right. Playing it again they actually handled it surprisingly well for 1997.

it could have been WAY worse

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Next, they ask if that means we’ll get to see Cloud in his cross-dressing appearance. Nomura responds with a laugh saying yes, the cross-dressing scene is in the game, but they haven’t done the design for it yet.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-on-its-action-midgar-exploration-and-cross-dressing/

6F32U1X.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Well, can't say they weren't consistent

A few years ago Wada said even if they made a remake it would take a decade

At least this way there should be at least part of it released before 2017

Mr. G wrote: »

Next, they ask if that means we’ll get to see Cloud in his cross-dressing appearance. Nomura responds with a laugh saying yes, the cross-dressing scene is in the game, but they haven’t done the design for it yet.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-on-its-action-midgar-exploration-and-cross-dressing/

YES

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic for Ace Combat 7

I have to buy every Ace Combat, but that was one of the worst teasers I've ever seen. The voice acting is terrible, and if it's in any way close to what's in the game I'm going to suffer greatly.

"Go dance with the angels, mister!"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

They announced this at TGS over a year ago!

I will always have room in my heart for HSG

UnbreakableVow on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sounds like Max Payne is gonna be in the next set of PS2 games released

6F32U1X.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Rooting for Red Dead Revolver to eventually be there too

Sweeney Tom on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Much like Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix's upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be powered by Unreal Engine 4.

"We realize how special Final Fantasy VII is to fans, and we place our trust in Unreal Engine 4 technology and tools to help deliver this long-awaited remake, crafted for modern platforms," Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase said in a statement.

Taka Kawasaki of Epic Games Japan also spoke to the partnership, saying: "We’re humbled that Square Enix has chosen Unreal Engine 4 to recreate one of the world’s most beloved video games of all time. It is a joy to work with the talented developers behind the franchise, and this marks an unforgettable moment in Unreal Engine history."

Additionally, Geomerics has revealed that Final Fantasy VII Remake will make use of its lighting technology, Enlighten, "as the indirect lighting solution of choice." According to the company's announcement, the team "will continue to work closely with Square Enix throughout development to ensure the final lighting quality exceeds expectations."

Square Enix unveiled a new, combat-filled trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake this past weekend at PlayStation Experience. The company also announced the game will be released in multiple parts.

Ooooohhh....so that's how this is coming out this decade.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A steak! wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic for Ace Combat 7

I have to buy every Ace Combat, but that was one of the worst teasers I've ever seen. The voice acting is terrible, and if it's in any way close to what's in the game I'm going to suffer greatly.

"Go dance with the angels, mister!"

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Much like Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix's upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be powered by Unreal Engine 4.

"We realize how special Final Fantasy VII is to fans, and we place our trust in Unreal Engine 4 technology and tools to help deliver this long-awaited remake, crafted for modern platforms," Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase said in a statement.

Taka Kawasaki of Epic Games Japan also spoke to the partnership, saying: "We’re humbled that Square Enix has chosen Unreal Engine 4 to recreate one of the world’s most beloved video games of all time. It is a joy to work with the talented developers behind the franchise, and this marks an unforgettable moment in Unreal Engine history."

Additionally, Geomerics has revealed that Final Fantasy VII Remake will make use of its lighting technology, Enlighten, "as the indirect lighting solution of choice." According to the company's announcement, the team "will continue to work closely with Square Enix throughout development to ensure the final lighting quality exceeds expectations."

Square Enix unveiled a new, combat-filled trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake this past weekend at PlayStation Experience. The company also announced the game will be released in multiple parts.

It's going to be very interesting to see which game is "prettier", FFVII R or FFXV.

FFXV might end up more technically impressive, but if FFVII trumps it with a more consistent framerate and artstyle...

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Or production lifecycle......

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I read that article about New Hot Shots Golf and aaaaaaahhhhhhhh give it to me

I've always wanted create-a-character in Hot Shots Golf

100 Foot Robot Golf is fine and well (and I imagine it'll be a blast) but I still need a good proper golf game, Rory McIlroy was barebones and glitched to death (despite its quality foundation)

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    UV have you played The Golf Club? I too need some quality golfing and haven't seen it since like Tiger '09, wondering if it's worth a shot.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I've heard that The Golf Club is a solid game of golf but doesn't offer anything like a career mode or any sort of progression

HSG really is my ideal golf game franchise - it's highly accessible but not too arcadey, has a simple and clean (but pretty gorgeous IMO) aesthetic, consistent framerate and performance (which was never really an issue with golf games until the last few Tiger Woods/Rory McIlroy games), calming soundtrack, and it's heavy with unlocks and character progression

I'm glad to see it on PS4 - I'm really glad that it has enough of a niche following for them to have put at least one HSG on every Sony system, honestly. I think it's easily Sony's best franchise, despite being probably the most overlooked

It's going to be very interesting to see which game is "prettier", FFVII R or FFXV.

FFXV might end up more technically impressive, but if FFVII trumps it with a more consistent framerate and artstyle...

I don't know, it seems like both engine have similar features in terms of visuals but UE4 would definitely have better documentation, support and an entire public community backing it up. At a certain point with all the DX11 visual flare like tessellation, improvements to real time lighting and physically based rendering options there's kind of no visual advantage to companies making their own dedicated engine anymore. It all comes down to art direction. Couple that with horror stories like Destiny's engine taking hours to recompile a scene against Unreal and Unity doing it almost instantly and the only reason for a company to use their own engine on a game like this now is to avoid licensing fees.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    is ffxv still on luminous

I thought ff7 looked straight up like a mod of ffxv

PNk1Ml4.png
    FFXV is apparently still on Luminous. It's far too late into that development cycle to change engines again.

Mwx884o.jpg