As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The George Carlin Show Opening Theme

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
A friend of mine is trying to settle an argument about what the opening consisted of but neither of us can find the opening on the internet. Does it legally exist anywhere? And does anyone have a link to it?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Through Google fu, I'm pretty sure there was a theme song composed by Chandler Travis, who apparently opened for Carlin multiple times on the road as well. That's all I got, unless my Carlin collection includes episodes of the show but I don't think it does, just movies and standup. I'll double check later tonight though.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Nope, don't have anything from the show, and my memory does not extend far enough. How/why are you having this argument???

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I have no idea what his actual argument was about. He just asked me if I knew if it existed anywhere. Now that I can't find it it's driving me up the wall.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Chandler Travis toured with Carlin a few times and there's a decent amount written about that, but I can't find an opening theme song name or anything. I did find an article stating it was a "be bop" song.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    majanzmajanz Registered User regular
    All I remember about that show was the running joke about Carlin having a tiny dog.