As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    where?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    teamliquid.net/video/streams/BasetradeTV
    G2 was a short affair when Seed didn't have his wall opening properly filled for 10 secs and got absolutely shrekt for it, all ogre. But that first game, such a goddamn micro duel. :)
    Edit: Symbol/Alive now. Corsair cup.

Panda4You on
    thanks!

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Builds are now listed on TeamLiquid here.

@WingedWeasel I know you were looking.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    oh hah I just came to post that. excellent!

edited December 2015
    Does anyone have any experience with this keyboard hotkey setup?

Invictus on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I don't, but I've tried other hotkey setups before like it.

My take - the time it takes you to relearn hotkeys is time you could be spending getting better at the game instead, and the difference would be more than whatever a hotkey setup gave you.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

Oh thank god for these posts. I deperately need to relearn to play, and I was looking for builds and keyboard schemes before I start embedding my Silvery mistakes. Plus I have a SteelSeries MX800 so I can totally light up the appropriate keys.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Oh thank god for these posts. I deperately need to relearn to play, and I was looking for builds and keyboard schemes before I start embedding my Silvery mistakes. Plus I have a SteelSeries MX800 so I can totally light up the appropriate keys.

Silver Korea, or Silver Western sullied?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    edited December 2015
    Dhalphir wrote: »

My take - the time it takes you to relearn hotkeys is time you could be spending getting better at the game instead, and the difference would be more than whatever a hotkey setup gave you.

I get the point, but I'm not sure it's true if there really is a substantial benefit, as you're catching up and passing where you would've been otherwise.

At any rate, I think I've given up on that one. It is sufficiently radical that I don't see how to get the big picture straight in my head enough to be able to reliably do things like select control groups.

Anyway, Dhal, Vari, Weasel, where've you guys been last few days? I like ladder, but I get demoralizing losses and then I wanna archon, because then at least I have commiseration.

Invictus on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    MMMig wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

Silver Korea, or Silver Western sullied?

Silver Western.

Ironically, living in South Korea is when westerner's stop playing SC2, because they're too busy partying and feasting their asses of. Like, holy shit I miss Seoul and their fucking fried chicken. Oh sure, Bonchon gets it right but they don't have my flavor, Sweet n' Spicy. Bonchon is binary, its Delicious Garlic n' Soy or Holy Fuck How do Koreans Eat This and Live flavor.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Right, the point is that the difference is minor at best. Aside from disabilities, using hotkeys besides standard profiles is a matter of preference and what you're used to. Relearning a new hotkey system is just a novel way for team liquid keyboard warriors to feel better about not laddering.

Not that I'm saying you're one of the keyboard warriors, you probably ladder more in a week than most of them have in the last year.

edited December 2015
    Are you saying this in a "default hotkeys are just as good as any other setup, just git gud with them!" way? Because not sure if serious if so...
    I'm not using that second layer for control groups thing, but having every hotkey grouped up rather than spread out all over the keyboard goes without saying.

Panda4You on
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I get the point, but I'm not sure it's true if there really is a substantial benefit, as you're catching up and passing where you would've been otherwise.

At any rate, I think I've given up on that one. It is sufficiently radical that I don't see how to get the big picture straight in my head enough to be able to reliably do things like select control groups.

Anyway, Dhal, Vari, Weasel, where've you guys been last few days? I like ladder, but I get demoralizing losses and then I wanna archon, because then at least I have commiseration.

I'm finishing what should be my final college work ever (fingers crossed) so for like 5 more days if you see me playing I'm being a lazy bones

Panda4You wrote: »
    Are you saying this in a "default hotkeys are just as good as any other setup, just git gud with them!" way? Because not sure if serious if so...
    I'm not using that second layer for control groups thing, but having every hotkey grouped up rather than spread out over the keyboard goes without saying.

With the exception of Patrol (which i rebind to Q) the default keys are already on the left side of the keyboard. I have physically tiny hands and can't even comfortably reach the 6 key for control groups, and i still use default hotkeys with absolutely no issue.

Agree to disagree then.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Builds are now listed on TeamLiquid here.

@WingedWeasel I know you were looking.

thanks! i just started looking at those. there are a handful of other builds strewn about team liquid (for zerg i was looking at blade55555's stuff - 17-17-17 essentially as a start, hatch-pool-gas and trying to slowly add on other parts of the build)

you use spacebar for shortcut! iirc that was a kambing special which I've copied as well.

I use grid so I can't speak to this or any other setup. I liked the visual nature. then I made cam hotkeys f1-f6, spacebar, and then I don't even remember the others. something like alt or mouse buttons. ctrl groups are 1-6 and then y, h, n but I never use those.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The default zerg hotkeys were pretty dumb. ^^

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Variable wrote: »
    you use spacebar for shortcut! iirc that was a kambing special which I've copied as well.

I use grid so I can't speak to this or any other setup. I liked the visual nature. then I made cam hotkeys f1-f6, spacebar, and then I don't even remember the others. something like alt or mouse buttons. ctrl groups are 1-6 and then y, h, n but I never use those.

What do you mean by this?

Sorry, for a camera hotkey. I use it for rally point which I think kambing did too and dhal probably does

• dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular
    Can anyone point me to a good guide on what's new in multiplayer for LotV?

2850-1.png
    edited December 2015
    dsplaisted wrote: »
    Here you go. That's the full compilation of all changes, as far as I know.

Also, Weasel and I just went 7-3 in archon mode, including 3 consecutive pvps against the same team. It turns out, as far as I can tell, nexus first is just straight up safe against one base aggression in PvP. Mothership Core too stronk.

Invictus on
  • dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular

Also, Weasel and I just went 7-3 in archon mode, including 3 consecutive pvps against the same team. It turns out, as far as I can tell, nexus first is just straight up safe against one base aggression in PvP. Mothership Core too stronk.

Thanks! What about basic strategy and build orders?

2850-1.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Thanks! What about basic strategy and build orders?

Have some builds.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    uhsdghsdhgjHDjhbsdgjhbsdgjb I really can't handle the way I lose TvT anymore. bigger army, upgrade leads, but I can't manage a tank to save my life. the only way I can explain it is it feels like my tanks fire slower. if I am dropping sieged tanks, I lose. if sieged tanks are being dropped on me, I lose. it's agonizing.

really hate seeing my army graph after a loss be higher than the opponent.

edited December 2015
    i recommend studying up on the ancient principles of Gitgud

Dhalphir on
    did they play protoss

edited December 2015
    finally finished the campaign

turns out the best way to fight a dark god of immense and incalculable power is to make a bunch of void rays and a-move

very appropriate

Dhalphir on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    All of the maps are just filled with small little choke points for your ground troops, there are few places they could get a good concave. Those places that they could just crap out units so it doesnt matter. Going void ray is just the best solution, they just win fights because enemy ground forces cant concave either.

edited December 2015
    I find it strange they removed the building drain ability on corruptors? Corruptors are such a boring niche unit, literally flying roaches (lacking burrow, increased regen and ravager synergy).

Panda4You on
    I find it strange they removed the building drain ability on corruptors? Corruptors are such a boring niche unit, literally flying roaches (lacking burrow, increased regen and ravager synergy).

hm. what? I'm pretty sure they still have caustic spray or whatever it is.

edited December 2015
    That's the damage enhance on units they've had since WoL. They were supposed to get a 'damage on buildings' ability in LotV, not one I imagine would've been great but at least they would've had a usage beyond slow anti-air.

Panda4You on
    That's the damage enhance on units they've had since WoL. They were supposed to get a 'damage on buildings' ability in LotV, not one I imagine would've been great but at least they would've had a usage beyond slow anti-air.

Nope, that's corruption, which they no longer have. They do still have caustic spray; see Liquipedia here.

Huh! Pretty silly to put the Corruption icon on the ability when it's a whole new different thing...

This Serral youngster eating Korea alive right now in nationwars :)

This Serral youngster eating Korea alive right now in nationwars :)

and they're macro games, too.

Serral has shown flashes many times in his career; if he's really putting it all together he could be world-class, bar none.

• LindLind Registered User regular
    Go Finland!

The casters might be effectively drunk now.