As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Exposition

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Exposition

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Ocker3Ocker3 Registered User regular
    Hey, Justin Trudeau did that and it helped him win an election!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hrm.

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel as if the comics are written just because they have a release schedule to keep. This is one of those times.

Here's hoping the news post delivers.

• Options
    DoomnetoDoomneto Registered User regular
    I chuckled.

Not every comic needs a helping of context. Sometimes you can laugh at the absurdity of the imagery.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Great strip.

Not to embarrass him, but speaking of Jerry's body, it would seem he's been worshipping at the Church again:

If so, good on you man.

Mercade on
    Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Well... That went very quick to a very dark place.

So basically a normal day on PA.

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Linktm wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel as if the comics are written just because they have a release schedule to keep. This is one of those times.

I liked this one, but even Mike and Jerry will admit that sometimes they just make JPGs.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mercade wrote: »
    Great strip.

Not to embarrass him, but speaking of Jerry's body, it would seem he's been worshipping at the Church again:

If so, good on you man.

I was there when this was taken, and pretty much everyone was saying "Whoa, Jerry's looking pretty swol"

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

This strip looks very similar to the ones done at the PAX make-a-strip. I dunno if they make a strip live at the charity event.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    I'm just lurking for the video.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Great strip.

If so, good on you man.

The lighting makes that picture look like a megacorp recruitment poster in a dystopian cyberpunk future

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

This strip looks very similar to the ones done at the PAX make-a-strip. I dunno if they make a strip live at the charity event.

Isn't the usual charity strip MO
    1. Hey, the Child'sPlay Charity Auction is tomorrow!
    2. I love auctioning off the strip.
    3. Oh shit! We forgot to make last year's strip. We can't have a strip debt > 1!
    In a stunning turn of events, we’re getting to one of the Child’s Play Charity Dinner & Auction strips before December. I know! It has to be said: we’re innovators.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I feel like this push-fight game needs to be expanded upon. Maybe bring in a team a quants to crush that ****: Design a board with holes and a complex, hybrid chess-like system w/ hand-carved pieces made from endangered elephant ivory. Yes...yes...this is vhere ze profits dvwell.

Dissent on
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Pushfight feels like a game I might have played at my friends house back when I was a kid. They were German immigrants and had a lot of weird board games I'd never heard of. I would go over to their house and learn to play stuff like Stratego and they'd come over and play my Atari 2600. In fact my best friend Stephanie was one of the best Pac-Man players I've ever seen.

• Options
    Mr. MaskMr. Mask Registered User regular
    but speaking of Jerry's body, it would seem he's been worshipping at the Church again:

If so, good on you man.
    "the Church"?

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The Iron Church wherein one enters to become swole thereby.

GDT1985 on
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    It's not the same game, but whenever I look at the Push Fight game pieces, it always reminds me of another board game I used to have called "Quarto", what with the square pieces, circle pieces, light pieces, dark pieces, tall pieces, short pieces, etc.