As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    The T-65 is in nowhere near as bad a place as people seem to think.
    Integrated Astromech is all it really needs to shine again.

I'm skeptical but I want to be convinced

I mean the 70 has already Tokyo drifted its way into my heart, but I'd like the classic X to do well too

It's close cousin, the Kihraxz, is a nasty little monster at 1 point cheaper with an infinitesimally better dial.
    Integrated Astromech fudges the math strongly in favor of the T-65 by giving it roughly one and a half extra hull for as little as 1 point, and the T-65 has better pilots overall.
    Like the Kihraxz, the X-wing is a disposable jouster capable of throwing down a lot of damage if ignored, but cheap enough that the opponent risks crippling their tempo if they waste early shots on it's destruction.
    The T-70 isn't really a great comparison. You pay a 3 point premium per ship and get a lot for those points, but when you start thinking about taking several of them it adds up fast. Four T-70s cost the same as four T-65s plus a Z-95 Headhunter. So balance is pretty darn tight.

As far as the aces go, Poe is certainly a monster. Still, I don't think he obviates Luke - who was doing just fine in competitive play for a long time.
    Wes, Biggs, Garven, Wedge, and the rest all have roles to play.

Sokpuppet on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So question: For a squad like this would it be more valuable to try and swap the non Soontir interceptors for something with higher pilot skill or is having them both at 6 okay? The general idea is to dog fight like an ass with the interceptors and just let the vader shuttle either become a huge nuisance to kill or slowly whittle them down.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Presenting: Blockheads

Lambda-Class Shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (21)
    Ion Cannon (3)
    Accuracy Corrector (3)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Fleet Officer (3)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Ion Cannon (3)
    Accuracy Corrector (3)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Fleet Officer (3)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Ion Cannon (3)
    Accuracy Corrector (3)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Fleet Officer (3)
    Intelligence Agent (1)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I would name it Revenge of the Nerds because I am lame like that.

Can't believe I missed the opportunity

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Does anyone have time this afternoon to play?

I want to see just how ridiculous this list would be to play. Intentional blockers, with the base equivalent of 16 fighters, and a total of 40 shield/hull to chew through.

Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I might have something for that list.

MoonCrusher

• XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    'Hello Nasty!'
    Apparently somebody spoiled this image of the last T-70 pilot earlier today.

mUotnGe.jpg

This new T-70 pilot looks incredibly intimidating. Combine this with Daredevil and you have a ship doing spirals!

YIVQ28P.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want to fly him and Poe with two z-95s as blockers

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I love

the T-70 mid-tier pilots

• XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    I wonder what's in stores for the mid-tier TIE/FOs? An unstressed pilot that can treat a Segnor Loop as a white maneuver? :D

YIVQ28P.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I just want to give FFG all my money...
    There's some pretty good potential coming out of all this new stuff!

Hmm so there are currently only 3 EPTs that would work with Tomax Bren (the TIE Bomber in Veterans), but they all sound pretty cool when you can keep using them:
    Adrenaline Rush (white 2-turns and K-turn? yes please)
    Crack Shot (you could maybe use it twice in one turn, but then not be able to flip it back up after)
    Lightning Reflexes (might be interesting to add some nimbleness)

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Does anyone have time this afternoon to play?

I want to see just how ridiculous this list would be to play. Intentional blockers, with the base equivalent of 16 fighters, and a total of 40 shield/hull to chew through.

Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)
    Enhanced Scopes (1)
    Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
    Intelligence Agent (1)

Intelligence Agent doesn't really do much for you, since Lambdas don't inherently have anything which lets them re-position once dials have been set.
    I guess it lets you pick who to target-lock very easily?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I think the idea is to intentionally block people using Enhanced Scopes to always go first. Intelligence Officer peeks at the dials and Anti-pursuit punishes.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Hmm so there are currently only 3 EPTs that would work with Tomax Bren (the TIE Bomber in Veterans), but they all sound pretty cool when you can keep using them:
    Crack Shot (you could maybe use it twice in one turn, but then not be able to flip it back up after)

the upcoming Cool Hand EPT works too, that kind of overlaps with Adrenaline Rush but also lets you take evade actions.

the upcoming Cool Hand EPT works too, that kind of overlaps with Adrenaline Rush but also lets you take evade actions.
    Missed that one!

MNC Dover wrote: »
    I think the idea is to intentionally block people using Enhanced Scopes to always go first. Intelligence Officer peeks at the dials and Anti-pursuit punishes.

Intelligence Agent happens after dials have been set.
    You don't get to look at your opponent's dial and then choose your own.

I had four points to spare and I like symmetry. Sue me!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

ok but consider

two tacticians

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

ok but consider

two tacticians

Tactician has been errata'd to be a Limited card.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I imagine he meant two Tacticians on different ships.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Intelligence Agent happens after dials have been set.
    You don't get to look at your opponent's dial and then choose your own.

True, but you do get to decide the order in which your move your Shuttles. With the advanced knowledge, you could create scenarios where you're making specific blocking lines for your opponent to run in to.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

ok but consider

two tacticians

i guess this makes sense

i mean if you've got two tacticians on board, which one do you even listen to??

DarkPrimus wrote: »

ok but consider

two tacticians

i guess this makes sense

i mean if you've got two tacticians on board, which one do you even listen to??

This pretty much describes Thanksgiving with my Jewish family.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So Amazon has the TIE Punisher and A Wing Expansion Pack for $9.99 each and the core set for $22.38. Wondering are these worth it? The sale is today's gold box deal of the day so ends in about 6 hours.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So Amazon has the TIE Punisher and A Wing Expansion Pack for $9.99 each and the core set for $22.38. Wondering are these worth it? The sale is today's gold box deal of the day so ends in about 6 hours.

Which core set?

Also, that's the standard price for the A-Wing at Coolstuff. Actually, CSI has the A-Wing for $9.49 at the moment and the Punisher for $12.49.

Elvenshae wrote: »

Which core set?

Also, that's the standard price for the A-Wing at Coolstuff. Actually, CSI has the A-Wing for $9.49 at the moment and the Punisher for $12.49.

But if you have Prime, you don't have to pay for shipping

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Which core set?

The original one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7

Which core set?

Yeah, but if you buy $100 worth of stuff from CSI*, you don't have to pay for shipping, either - and they'll throw another couple percentage points off for being a loyal buyer. :D

* And let's face it, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to come up with $100 of X-Wing stuff to buy. :D

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Which core set?

Yeah, but if you buy $100 worth of stuff from CSI*, you don't have to pay for shipping, either - and they'll throw another couple percentage points off for being a loyal buyer. :D

* And let's face it, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to come up with $100 of X-Wing stuff to buy. :D

Yeah, it's easy to come up with $100 bucks worth of CSI stuff, but it's a lot harder to hit the "spend money" button.
    But 10 bucks for a Punisher? I can do that. In fact, I did do that. It should be here later this week.

Also a Khiraxz for 9 bucks.

see317 on

Which core set?

Gimme a hundred bucks and I'll gladly use CSI :P

3basnids3lf9.jpg

The Punisher might be my favorite ship in the entire game to fly.
    It's like a Dark Side B-wing on steroids.

I bought an original core set and the Rebel Transport... in two separate orders because lololol Prime.

Original core because while I've only played Rebels so far I'll eventually branch out (especially when the new Aces come out) and a TIE swarm is pretty much a gimme at some point. And in the mean time I frequently run R2-D2 so I should have that card.

Rebel Transport because... it was $33 and R3-A2 and R5-P9 are so good. I guess it also has some good T-65 pilots. And there's some big thing in there too? I wish I was kidding when I say that'll probably just sit on a bookshelf and look cool.

edited December 2015
    Uh-oh.

a2ysx0add4o8.png

Elvenshae on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I...

I am one ship off owning every model in X-Wing now. I just need the Corvette.

Edit: This error has been corrected.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    It was mentioned by @Daypigeon in the previous thread that there was no way we aren't getting Special Forces versions of the TIE/fo and T-70. Am I crazy for thinking it would make sense for them to package them together as a sort of The Force Awakens Aces pack?

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So at my local FLGS, there has been a lone copy of Hound's tooth just collecting dust. My FLGS just started getting some x-wing stuff which I like if it wasn't the fact that pricing isn't has good as online but hey, if it helps people to learn about the game.

Anyway, I took pitty of that ship (pitty as I've been dying to find an excuse to buy it) and when my wife asked for suggestions for my xmas gifts, I obliged and give her a list and of course, the Hound's tooth was part of it (Wife isn't great with internet so she never buys online. Suggestion was made with the FLGS's name). So She got back to me this weekend saying she got done buying my gifts. Naturally, as evil and as I am, went the next day to my FLGS to check out some possible gift for friends (had to get an excuse) and notice that the Hounds tooth wasn't there anymore. This only logical explanation for this is that Bossk will soon join my scum collection and bring terror and slavery to my kitchen table!

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Played more today.

Miranda Doni is super scary with a twin laser turret.

Imperials continue to lose. Kinda struggling with getting turreted fat ships off the board to let my interceptors start to play the true game of arc dodging.

Turrets kinda shred arc-dodgers because they can't be dodged. Though if you can get into range 1 against a TLT you're OK (for a round; it'd be really hard to stay there)

You really need some jousters. I think Veterans is going to give Imps a shot in the arm for dealing with turrets a bit better.

For scum and rebels, I think the answer to turret-heavy lists is BTL-A4 Y-Wings. For Imps right now it's TIE Swarms.

I think sniping with HLC might work as well, but it's harder since TLT can go up to range 3.

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Someone take my wallet away. Hearing the Imperial Assault Carrier was releasing next week, I placed an order online with and my thumb slipped and ended up adding a few ships I didn't have, mostly scums and latest ships and now the order magically went to 200$.

At least I got free shipping right? That was worth it. Wonder if the spouse will agree to this very logical way of thinking...

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx