As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book Two (final standings are up!)

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    *insert heavy breathing cat meme*

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    Wildlings! Prepare for another epic battle in the South!

• 'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    f8S34n9.jpg

INTRODUCTION:
    Hello! My name is T. Who am I? I am the team leader for House Stark, the King in the North, and occasional Robb Stark/Richard Madden impersonator, and I want YOU to join the North! TO JOIN HOUSE STARK!

5izxh9o.jpg

PREVIOUSLY ON A SHOT OF ICE AND FIRE:
    After my father's death at the hands of the King, and House Stark's defeat last year in trying to raise the most money for Child's Play, the North has decided to go to war! With your help, we can outdrink and outraise all the other Houses in Westeros and secure our freedom, avenge Lord Eddard Stark, and raise a shit ton of money for children!

pwrDp7Z.jpg

INCENTIVES:
    So what are some of the benefits of being a member of House Stark? The details aren't hammered out completely, and will be updated closer to the event, BUT, here's a list of a few things planned:

-For [domation amount TBD] you can become a member of the Kingsguard, become a Lord, or become a Lady of Winterfell or any other of the surrounding lands in the North. You will receive a printed out document with your name and title signed by the King, making it a legally binding document (in the North only, participation may vary). I'll upload what the document will look like closer to the show.
    -Raffling off at least 1 awesome House Stark Game of Thrones merchandise per stop on the crawl
    -Other cool things that with donations the King in the North can do for you

dNZUDP0.jpg

RECAP:
    So let's review:

- Join House Stark
    - With House Stark we WILL raise the most money for Child's Play and have a hell of a time doing it (would the Young Wolf lie to you?)
    - Get some awesome titles, documents, and prizes that you can hang on your wall and then year's down the line tell your children you drank in the War of the Five Kings
    - JOIN HOUSE STARK

Once you've become part of House Stark, join the Facebook group HERE.

I'm the King in the North and I'll see YOU in San Antonio.

zerzhul on
    15e5VyH.png
  • ronin_onironin_oni Registered User regular
    So is there a chance this year we could arrange a stop at Pat O'Brien's? The venue is humongous and can easily accommodate 300+ people at the end of the crawl. They are also home to some amazing cocktails (Some of us may remember this place from last year at the Blizzard/ Twitch party thrown there. It was a good time had by all) and if memory serves me correctly, they had a stage upstairs that could be used as an auctioneer's platform for any wares needing to be sold off.

• EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    The Night's Watch is full!

7paDBmR.png
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    ronin_oni wrote: »
    So is there a chance this year we could arrange a stop at Pat O'Brien's? The venue is humongous and can easily accommodate 300+ people at the end of the crawl. They are also home to some amazing cocktails (Some of us may remember this place from last year at the Blizzard/ Twitch party thrown there. It was a good time had by all) and if memory serves me correctly, they had a stage upstairs that could be used as an auctioneer's platform for any wares needing to be sold off.

Pat O'Brien's was not interested in hosting us last year, so it is unlikely that it will be added this year. All of our stops from last year (except for one) were amazing hosts, so look for a lot of the same stops this year as well.

• JezabaleJezabale Registered User regular
    House Stark here we come!

A few of the houses are getting limited, so if you haven't registered already or have friends interested, better grab tickets quick!

edited December 2015
    House Stark is also now full.

12/16 edit: Targaryen has one spot remaining

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Animal-_-Animal-_- Registered User regular
    House Targaryen are the true heirs to the throne. We shall not be burned by the fire in our drinks.

uBoT4dK.jpg
  • EvelynEvelyn Registered User regular
    I stand with Animal on this despite the great advertisement by the Starks.

edited December 2015
    Targaryen, Stark and The Night's watch are all full. There are only 60 slots left & we are filling up much faster than last year (yay us!). If you have friends that are on the fence or waiting then they really need to grab their spots.

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Doh forget about it yesterday. All that is left is Lannister, Baratheon, and the Wildlings. I'll go House Baratheon! I was pretty hung over the first day of PAX

kube00 on
    1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • PAXisdopePAXisdope Registered User regular
    I'll be in House Targaryen. Coming Solo so it will be fun to meet people and drink.

edited December 2015
    Lannister is full and only 19 spots remain!

Edit - there are now only 10 spots remaining in the Wildlings.

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Got in for wildlings. Going to be a fun time.

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Once you've settled on the Houses I'd recommend you join the FB groups, as some may plan some cool stuff (i.e. GAW) for you, plus you can meet you other house mates

House Lannister!
    Just a heads up I'm planning on doing some GCA and GAW for the house on the FB page, after the Holidays.
    All funds for the GCA go to Child's Play!

In case you're wondering items range from Twitch swag, Blizzcon exclusives, PAX Aus swag to....well you get the idea. More details to follow later after Christmas! Happy holiday all!

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    1 spot left for a wildling. So close to being full. SO CLOSE TO PAX. PAX IS COMING!

edited December 2015
    We are officially sold out! A few reminders:

1) If you reserved tickets and can't go, please be considerate and release your tickets so that another deserving drunk can take your place. You can cancel your order through eventbrite.
    2) If you didn't get a ticket, keep an eye on eventbrite. If tickets get released and aren't immediately snatched up, we'll try to send out an alert here or via twitter (@PAXIceandFire).
    ALSO, consider signing up to volunteer. We need a few more folks to help out on Houses Lannister and Baratheon. Volunteering is fun, and you totally can still drink.
    3) If you didn't get a ticket, please do not just show up.

FIVE WEEKS to go, y'all. Are your livers ready?

Swae on
    If you're thinking about volunteering for House Lannister or Baratheon do it, seriously it kind of fun :)

Also if you haven't signed up for the House Lannister FB group, I'd recommend doing it soon...just saying (see one of my earlier posts)

• CoryphefishCoryphefish Registered User new member
    Looks like I'm going to have to wait until 2018 to do a House Martell bar crawl :(

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    OPEN REQUEST. I will be missing most of the event because of bad flight timing, but if you are a house leader and your house is selling stuff on route, please post what it will be ahead of time and if its something cool I will IM you and make arrangements to meet you enroute. Of extreme interest to me are stuff like Shot Glasses, T-Shirts and Hats. Also Swae, as I will not be drinking, I can be converted to a Volunteer as soon as I am in downtown (I expect 10-10:30)

Dolarrah on
    We could still use 2 or 3 additional volunteers for House Baratheon. PM myself or Etaoin if you are interested!

Volunteering is a great way to enjoy the fun without having to test your liver's breaking point :) I'd recommend it! Give it a try at least once in you life.

Side note GAW and GCA for House Lannister are up...if you want Blizzard or Blizzcon gear well you figure it out

A call to all Free Folk!

Please join us on the Wildling Facebook Page ! Introduce yourself, meet your fellow Free Folk and help us plan an incredible victory!

• SkooterPieSkooterPie Registered User new member
    Drat! I went to PAX South last year and saw this going on and wanted to sign up this year. Is there any hope of still getting in in any way for maybe me and a few friends? If not what time next year should I keep an eye out for this?

SkooterPie wrote: »
    Drat! I went to PAX South last year and saw this going on and wanted to sign up this year. Is there any hope of still getting in in any way for maybe me and a few friends? If not what time next year should I keep an eye out for this?

We still need volunteers! You get to drink (responsibly) but you are expected to help your house lead wherever she/he needs it. If you and your friends are interested then shoot a PM to either me or Swae.

Besides stalking the eventbrite and waiting for a cancelation, volunteering is your best shot.

7paDBmR.png
  • pragmanicpragmanic Registered User regular
    I joined the free folk, but as a true FREE PERSON™ I do not have Facebook...is there anything critical I need to know?

edited January 2016
    2 spots available in Stark

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • SkatchSkatch Registered User new member
    I just wanted to check....One ticket covers two people correct.

No, it is one ticket per person. Each person was allowed to reserve a maximum of 2 spots.

7paDBmR.png
    Bar routes and challenges are up! We've got terrific bars again this year, so check out your house to see where you're headed. Similar to last year, there will be an optional stop at 1:00 for all crawlers to come together at the Davenport. We will be auctioning off the fantastic house banners made by Etaoin (and the unique and secret Wildling banner made by Devierue) at The Davenport, so be sure to stick around if you are interested in taking home a banner.

For folks that missed registration and are still interested in attending, I have 4 or so volunteer spots available for individuals, but no group spots available. PM myself or Etaoin if you are interested. If you registered and cannot make it, PLEASE release your tickets on Eventbrite. There are people waiting to get in and they would certainly appreciate it.

pragmanic wrote: »
    I joined the free folk, but as a true FREE PERSON™ I do not have Facebook...is there anything critical I need to know?

Not particularly. We are trying to organize some fundraising endeavors beyond what Archarzel and myself have put together, so send me a PM if you can contribute on that end.

• ArcharzelArcharzel Registered User regular
    *cough**cough* It's a work in progress..
    CYdZkG4U0AAs618.jpg

2 more Stark spots just opened up.

7paDBmR.png
  • DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Grabbed the last 2 Stark spots myself.

Since we are getting close to the most excellent night of PAX (16 days!!), I wanted to remind everyone of our ultimate goal for this bar crawl. While drinking and meeting PAXers is a great benefit to this event, I don't want us to forget Child's Play and the great things the money that we will raise can do!

If you maybe aren't familiar with Child's Play, it is a game industry charity dedicated to improving the lives of children with toys and games through a network of over 100 hospitals worldwide. Cash donation are used to purchase new consoles, peripherals, games, and more for hospitals and therapy facilities. These donations allow for children to enjoy age-appropriate entertainment, interact with their peers, friends, and family, and can provide vital distraction from an otherwise generally unpleasant experience.

Imagine a fully stocked hospital room for children, which has a Xbox, iPad, 2DS and access to a library of games and movies shared by the floor. For every $7 that is donated, Child's Play can provide that fully stocked room for one child. So just think that for the price of one extra cocktail on January 28, you could help make life better for a sick kid in the hospital! Last year, A Shot of Ice & Fire raised over $3,500 - that's the equivalent to games for 500 kids!

And we raised that $3,500 in our very first year, so I know we can do better in 2016. Let's show Child's Play that we as fellow gamers care about the kids, and try to provide hospitals with what they need for 700 kids! That equals roughly 16 bucks a person, and I know we can do it. Your house leads have come up with some amazing things to sell and auction throughout the night, so be prepared to trade some cash for some nifty swag, and all for a really good cause.

I hope you all are as excited for this bar crawl as I am, and just remember that we are here to not only make new friends and memories, but to help out some needy kiddos as well. Can't wait to meet all of y'all!

And as the DEFENDING RULER OF THE 7 KINGDOMS, I'd like to issue a challenge to House Targaryen. Let's make it our goal to raise $1,000 for Child's Play. That would provide 10 Nintendo DS systems for sick kids. And to help convince you that you should donate, Etaoin and I have come up with a few things that we hope you all will like.

First, we have commemorative shot glasses, bearing the logo of A Shot of Ice & Fire 2016. These will be for sale to friends and foes alike for a mere $10 donation. Be sure to get yours early because they will probably sell out!
    5t485pmsrdei.jpg

Second, six custom Game of Thronies plushies! Each hand-made pony bears the sigil of his house and is made from fleece. We will be auctioning off each Thronie during our challenge with the respective house, so look for Swae or Etaoin when you meet House Targaryen if you would like a shot to bid on one of these! (all 6 houses will be present, I'm just not done sewing yet)
    03y4pelrgxje.jpg
    bxmrft5ncsgu.jpg
    va6g41s112fq.jpg

Lastly, if you get hungry during the crawl, look no further than the lovely lady dragons of House Targaryen. We will not leave you to starve in the Red Waste, but will provide salty delicious sustenance for all those in need.

While we will make peace for this night, in the interest of PAX and Child's Play, House Targaryen will retain the throne that is ours, with fire and blood (and food and stuffed animals) if necessary!

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Count me in for House Baratheon as the sober one =)

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet