As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• RenegadeDrizztRenegadeDrizzt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Killing innocent people for sweet loot?

I'm heading to EBGames now.

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So how does this Contact with friends thingie work?

My code is 2179 1078 5599. Someone add me!

Lemming on
    edited November 2006
    Wow, this game is pretty hard, I keep dying.

Lemming on
  • HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I must be retarded. I can't seem to get the stupid archeologist guy, whatever his name is, to fight me. He keeps tugging a the damn door and won't acknowledge me. I've been grinding thinking my level wasn't high enough or something, but seriously, my tech is at 6 now. What gives. :?

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I must be retarded. I can't seem to get the stupid archeologist guy, whatever his name is, to fight me. He keeps tugging a the damn door and won't acknowledge me. I've been grinding thinking my level wasn't high enough or something, but seriously, my tech is at 6 now. What gives. :?

Try using the A button rather than tapping on him, or tap on Terry and go into A-talk mode. I had the same problem for a while.

Also, Whats this Mochi decal good for and how do I use it properly?

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006

Try using the A button rather than tapping on him, or tap on Terry and go into A-talk mode. I had the same problem for a while.

Also, Whats this Mochi decal good for and how do I use it properly?

I think you have to apply it to an enemy and Mochi comes out and attacks it. I tried it once though and Mochi just ran out and didn't do anything. I'd like to know more about it too. And the ? sticker that's next to it.

Also, should I just concentrate on one weapon type?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Apparently he'll help fight battles with you, but you have to play with him a ton to get him to, and even more if you want him to actually do any damage. I tried it once, he licked his balls and ran off. Haven't tried him since. :|

The "?" sticker turns enemies into random animals.

Use weapons that are associated with the suit you have on. ie. the fruit knife and chef outfit.

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, put the Mochi decal onto an enemy.
    In the times when you can play with Mochi, slowly move the stylus from the side to get it to lie on it's back. Then you can basically keep tapping on Mochi to raise his happiness really fast. It wont take long before the Mochi decal is doing over 100 damage. Pretty brutal early in the game.

AshtonDragon on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The ? decal turns enemies into something random and harmless, like cows.

The Mochi decal causes Mochi to help you. Play with him during sleep by slowly running the stylus over him horizontally until he lies on his back with a big smiley face and tap like crazy. Eventually he'll start dealing big damage or stun the enemy.

Taya on
    edited November 2006
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:628e97cf2c]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:628e97cf2c]

Just a yes or no.

Lemming on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:a399e707e2]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:a399e707e2]

Just a yes or no.
    Yes. Are you sure you don't want a spoiler hint?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:89cbbb9974]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:89cbbb9974]

Just a yes or no.

Yes

hint:
    [spoiler:89cbbb9974]You get one in Ft.Eagle and another actually in the Pyramid place.[/spoiler:89cbbb9974]

Taya on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:71b8989759]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:71b8989759]

Just a yes or no.

Yes. I had to read an faq to discover what and where, but yes.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    edited November 2006
    tarnok wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:9300953571]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:9300953571]

Just a yes or no.

I can't believe so many people have trouble with that. Isn't it even a forced story scene that tells you where to go to get it? And if you miss it, wouldn't you wonder what the heck he was talking about?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited November 2006
    tarnok wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:304814a562]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:304814a562]

Just a yes or no.

I can't believe so many people have trouble with that. Isn't it even a forced story scene that tells you where to go to get it? And if you miss it, wouldn't you wonder what the heck he was talking about?
    Yeah really.
    [spoiler:304814a562]UH OH you better not go into this air strip!![/spoiler:304814a562]

Taya on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    tarnok wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok, without spoiling anything, should I have more than the [spoiler:abd5c9eda6]Knuckle Mole, Aqua Shot, and Mr. Cuisine costumes by the time I get to the pyramid place?[/spoiler:abd5c9eda6]

Just a yes or no.

Yeah really.
    [spoiler:abd5c9eda6]UH OH you better not go into this air strip!![/spoiler:abd5c9eda6]
    I missed it at first :oops:
    Hell, I missed Knuckle Mole too.

AshtonDragon on
    edited November 2006
    I missed it at first :oops:
    [spoiler:c53d7473f5]I missed it at first too, but that was because I immediately went back to the airport, saw the scene and decided I'd rather explore the base than fight five guys at once. I figured the base would be smaller and the airport would be the next main area of the game.[/spoiler:c53d7473f5]

UncleSporky on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is there any one time chances for suits/anything pretty big

EDIT - MY DSLITE HAS THE LITTLE CRACK DAMMIT

Does it cost anything to get it repaired?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I have to add my voice to those who were disappointed by this game. Too much grinding, a vague and somewhat random storyline that is never really explained well, and just general frustration all-around. I don't know if there are multiple endings to this, but the ending I saw made me wonder why I bothered doing a lot of what I did.

Some interesting ideas, but the actual execution of them was lacking. Sadly, I think the Baten Kaitos-like "you are not the main character" aspect was what ultimately kept me from developing any interest; at least in the BK games the characters are aware of my presence.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:
    I have to add my voice to those who were disappointed by this game. Too much grinding, a vague and somewhat random storyline that is never really explained well, and just general frustration all-around. I don't know if there are multiple endings to this, but the ending I saw made me wonder why I bothered doing a lot of what I did.

Some interesting ideas, but the actual execution of them was lacking. Sadly, I think the Baten Kaitos-like "you are not the main character" aspect was what ultimately kept me from developing any interest; at least in the BK games the characters are aware of my presence.

Yet, the professor is aware of your presence.... and most of the time makes sure you don't blab to Terry about you.

Dee Kae on
    edited November 2006
    Ok

mini spoiler: [spoiler:d76931d9f3]Is the last foot inside the pyramid you have to pay 10k to get into? just a yes or no again please[/spoiler:d76931d9f3]

Lemming on
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok

mini spoiler: [spoiler:e2ded25e55]Is the last foot inside the pyramid you have to pay 10k to get into? just a yes or no again please[/spoiler:e2ded25e55]
    Yes

Taya on
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Ok

mini spoiler: [spoiler:051ce68e3c]Is the last foot inside the pyramid you have to pay 10k to get into? just a yes or no again please[/spoiler:051ce68e3c]
    Yes

Thank you

You saved me a lot of fruitless "OH MY GOD WHERE ISS ITTTTTTTTT D:D:D:"

Lemming on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:

Yet, the professor is aware of your presence.... and most of the time makes sure you don't blab to Terry about you.

I have to say that I enjoyed the game but felt tremendously underwhelmed. I felt like the resources of the DS were underused. I don't necessarily need amazing graphics or a hundred hours of gameplay, but Contact felt as though it lacked polish, any sort of closure, or the je ne sait quoi of truly great games. Underwhelmed, that about sums it up.

Uncle Long on
    edited November 2006
    I need someone to make Contact wiiiiiiiiiith

Also, how long is this game? I'm 10 hours in and just got to the [spoiler:9e82e9cae4]shopping island[/spoiler:9e82e9cae4]

Lemming on
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    My code is 3179 1078 5599

Lemming on
  • MannyManny Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Lemming wrote:

If you're still around I'll make contact.

My code: 3179 1088 8274. (I had it wrong before, no wonder it never worked.)

Manny on
    edited November 2006
    Manny wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Lemming wrote:

If you're still around I'll make contact.

My code: 3179 1088 8274. (I had it wrong before, no wonder it never worked.)

Ok, lemme save really quick and I'll do it

Lemming on
    edited November 2006
    Cool. You're a dude with a sheep head. You showed me your mad skillz. I think you gave me something, but I'm not sure what.

Manny on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    What is the purpose of the Mochi decal? He comes in and does 1 point of damage and lick himself. Is that it?

Bloods End on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    What is the purpose of the Mochi decal? He comes in and does 1 point of damage and lick himself. Is that it?

Play with him enough and he will do more damage. He caps out at 200 damage, but when he's around 150 or so he can also sometimes stun all enemies onscreen. Either way, very useful on bosses.

DarkPrimus on
    edited November 2006
    Manny wrote:
    Cool. You're a dude with a sheep head. You showed me your mad skillz. I think you gave me something, but I'm not sure what.

Sweeeet.

I couldn't find you, I'll look later :P

Lemming on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:

EDIT: And how would I have accomplished blabbing to Terry if I wanted to?

Either way, after you finish the game,

[spoiler:a49dbfc75b]Terry lets you know he knew all about you anyway, so what was the fucking point? The Professor's "confession" after the credits didn't really justify it either, IMO.[/spoiler:a49dbfc75b]

In the BK games, you're part of the story; the characters interact with you, and your very existence is a major plot element. In Contact, you're a faceless entity with a stylus; your existence is more or less an afterthought and has absolutely no bearing on the Professor v. CosmoNOTs story that is the main thrust of the game's narrative, such as it is. Contact essentially took the role-playing out of the RPG, leaving just the game -- and like most RPGs, the "game" part of it was basic and boring.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Anyone wanna make Contact?

Lemming? Manny?

Im gonna add you two, just for the sake of it.

My code is

2191 - 2628 - 4109

Sheep on
    edited November 2006
    Sleep wrote:

Lemming? Manny?

My code is

2191 - 2628 - 4109

I'm in the middle of stuff, but I'll add you and post once I can make Contact :D

Lemming on
    edited November 2006
    Lemming wrote:
    Sleep wrote:

Lemming? Manny?

My code is

2191 - 2628 - 4109

I'm in the middle of stuff, but I'll add you and post once I can make Contact :D

Cool.

Ill refresh from time to time to check on ya.

Sheep on
    edited November 2006
    I'll add you Sleep. Let me know when you wanna make Contact.

Manny on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Play with him enough and he will do more damage. He caps out at 200 damage, but when he's around 150 or so he can also sometimes stun all enemies onscreen. Either way, very useful on bosses.

By play with him you mean the thing where you can interact with him while Terry is sleeping, right?

Bloods End on
    edited November 2006
    Manny wrote:
    I'll add you Sleep. Let me know when you wanna make Contact.

All right, lemme save it real quick.

EDIT

Logging on now.
    By play with him you mean the thing where you can interact with him while Terry is sleeping, right?

Thats right.

Rub his head, and hell get on his belly. Then tap the heck out of him.

Sheep on
    edited November 2006
    Nice, got a Riviera reference and Strength Up. Are you a girl? Because you were in the game.

Manny on