As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    autothrusters + another mod helps interceptors a lot, also

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah, the second loss where I wasn't playing I think could've being won.

It was a five strong tie swarm (with a bunch of points wasted on illegal upgrades because I was getting a drink while they set up>.>) vs fat han with Miranda TLT. He split the swarm and didn't joust at all.

Kinda feel like I just need to set up a list of TIE swarm or low tier rebel fighters (like two B-wings and one of the X wings each) and showing them 'and this is how you destroy a large ship'

Though my Lambda/three interceptor list was super fun to play.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah. I think Autothrusters with three dice gives you pretty good odds against a TLT, but it does make you reliant on treacherous green dice which is exactly what you're trying to avoid by playing Interceptors. Autothrusters + Stealth Device is even more powerful, but even more all-in.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Blocking is also a really good tactic against large ships, especially to help micromanage splitting damage.

Also don't have auto thrusters or stealth devices.

I think at this point I just need to get jousting till they learn to not assume turrets and buckets of health = victory.

Yeah, they are definitely daunting when first starting out.
    You pretty much need to be focusing with multiple ships in order to win out.
    Have they realized that large ships with turrets actually lower your overall damage output? I feel like that's pretty key

Yeah, but at the same time we're not effeciently using damage output. So something that's firing once every turn like a turret is already advantageous.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The good news is that even though you don't have Autothrusters, you also don't have C-3PO or R2-D2 crew to put the Falcon really over the top into Negative Play Experience territory.
    Lots of guns pointed in the right direction at the right time should usually suffice to bring the bastard down.

Some things that can help; Autothrusters (feel free to proxy), Ion cannons, Heavy Laser Cannons, Twin-Laser turrets, stress-dispensing things like R3-A2, Tactician, Rebel Captive, Mara Jade...
    and/or simply telling your friends, "Hey the Falcon is really boring to fly against. Maybe leave it off the table for a while?"

Sokpuppet on
    Guibs wrote: »
    Someone take my wallet away. Hearing the Imperial Assault Carrier was releasing next week, I placed an order online with and my thumb slipped and ended up adding a few ships I didn't have, mostly scums and latest ships and now the order magically went to 200$.

At least I got free shipping right? That was worth it. Wonder if the spouse will agree to this very logical way of thinking...

I wish I had your cajones

edited December 2015
    The standalone TIE/fo and T-70 expansions are hitting shelves today.*

Sokpuppet on
    ... you're joking.

I was at CSI today.

*At least in Minnesota.
    Might take another few days to reach more distant places.

Ok I feel a bit better :p
    Dunno if I could have resisted

CSI does have an "expected" date of yesterday still when I checked.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    The standalone TIE/fo and T-70 expansions are hitting shelves today.*

I got my t-70 yesterday, actually!

now if only there were any games around here anytime soon

e: actually it looks like people play xwing at card kingdom on Thursdays, which I will be able to go to because there's no netrunner this week

Shorty on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I envy you who have LFG. The closest one to me is in another state.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    for some reason, X-wing is extraordinarily popular in Washington

especially out on the eastside

like, Spokane's x-wing scene dwarfs everything except Magic and maybe Pokemon

edited December 2015
    Word on the street is that they have the Assault Carrier sitting in the stockroom at FFG.
    Bribes were offered, but FFG staff proved incorruptible.

Sokpuppet on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Anyone feel like playing a game?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

So, just saw the film. About the only new ship I saw that we could have in the game was:
    Kylo Rens shuttle.

Though if they wanna give TIE FOs rear facing turrets and the ability to hover if not complain :3

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    ... you're joking.

I was at CSI today.

After the holidays we should plan a game in meat space some time. I'm in Altamonte so I'm super close to CSI.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Ken O wrote: »
    ... you're joking.

I was at CSI today.

After the holidays we should plan a game in meat space some time. I'm in Altamonte so I'm super close to CSI.

I'd be cool with that!

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So, just saw the film. About the only new ship I saw that we could have in the game was:
    Kylo Rens shuttle.

Though if they wanna give TIE FOs rear facing turrets and the ability to hover if not complain :3

I was wondering about that last part as well.

It screams out for a title.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Honestly the most obvious way to handle it would be as a specific pilot/generic version of the FO. That way you can have the arc printed on the base.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kylo Rens shuttle.

Haven't seen the movie, but I've seen Lego sets for a Resistance troop transport that might work as a large based ship. Don't know what it would do, but it might work with the scale.ptm5xzhqqx7z.jpg

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Guys. It is so painful not to click on those. Just give me until tonight. OK?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Saturday for me =/

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Just got to hold on for 10 more hours...

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular

Saturday for me =/

Same for me. Didn't want to wait in line and was too late to secure assigned seat places for Friday so I'll be going on Saterday night myself. Will stay clear of spoilers until then.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    Guibs wrote: »

Saturday for me =/

Same for me. Didn't want to wait in line and was too late to secure assigned seat places for Friday so I'll be going on Saterday night myself. Will stay clear of spoilers until then.

Got me a ticket for a 9am showing on Friday. Hooray for working Sunday through Thursday.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank you guys for putting info about the movie behind spoilers. I'm hoping that in two weeks I can manage to get into a theatre and not sit in the front row to watch it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Thank you guys for putting info about the movie behind spoilers. I'm hoping that in two weeks I can manage to get into a theatre and not sit in the front row to watch it.
    I've been trying to keep spoiler free, and it's been hard.
    I find myself clicking on the Star Wars threads by habit before remembering that I don't want to do that.

And I've got tickets for tomorrow. I can't imagine trying to remain spoiler free for two weeks. I admire your self control.

Saturday for me. Luckily this is the only Star Wars thread I follow so I haven't had any issues.

Do starships use fuel? I thought Wedge's parents ran a fueling station, but I realized I wasn't sure what their fuel was/what used the fuel.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Saturday for me. Luckily this is the only Star Wars thread I follow so I haven't had any issues.

Saturday for us too! 3:50 showing at the Regal in Redmond.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    see317 wrote: »
    I've been trying to keep spoiler free, and it's been hard.
    I find myself clicking on the Star Wars threads by habit before remembering that I don't want to do that.

And I've got tickets for tomorrow. I can't imagine trying to remain spoiler free for two weeks. I admire your self control.

I honestly should follow your advice and not click on the SW threads here just in case. But everyone on PA is great and has not let me down yet. Which is why this is the longest I have ever been on a forum. Even when I was a moderator on a big one long ago I eventually left there too.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I can't see it until just after Christmas. Too many things to take care of before I have a house full of people for Christmas Eve.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    @crimsoncoyote no x-wing tonight, sorry

3basnids3lf9.jpg

So I do have a question that is game related. I assume that the answer is yes give what I read in these threads, but just want to confirm.

So when I get the original core set, I can play it with the new core set right? I ask since I was thinking of using them together to have 2 x-wings vs. 4 TIEs at one point.

oosik_betsuni.png
    So I do have a question that is game related. I assume that the answer is yes give what I read in these threads, but just want to confirm.

So when I get the original core set, I can play it with the new core set right? I ask since I was thinking of using them together to have 2 x-wings vs. 4 TIEs at one point.

Yeah.

The ships in the two different cores are just different ships, just like a Y-Wing is different from a B-Wing, that happen to look almost exactly the same and share a designation that allows them to take certain upgrades.