As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency magical cure for laryngitis?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
Remember that scene in Karate Kid SPOILER ALERT where Mr. Miyagi claps his hands and rubs them together and the camera cuts away to the tournament and Daniel LaRusso comes out a few minutes later and his leg is fine and he is able to defeat the entire demon army by himself?

Well I kind of need an emergency fix just like that except the leg is my voice and the tournament is a very important presentation I need to give in 82 minutes from now.

I just need to talk for 10-15 minutes.

Does anyone have a curaga or any ideas for moi?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Ehh I dont think there are any magical treatments

Things that you could do in the next 85 minutes are basically limited to tea with honey or breathing steam for a while. I dont think thats really going to help you give your presentation though as much as just provide mild relief.

Can you not ask someone to sub in for you if its work? If its school, talk to the teacher?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah you're going to have to find another solution, like taking a sick day and seeing a doctor.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I did the presentation, had no choice. It's at work but I'm the subject matter expert and had no choice. Today's my last day physically in the office until January.

I struggled through probably doing additional damage to the will o' wisps cursing my throat.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    By the way, the answer was systemic glucocorticoids. This is definitely one of those "cure may be worse than disease" things, so be glad you didn't know that

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Cough syrup with guaifenesin as active ingredient. Take care not to get a multi symptom brand with multiple active ingredients.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I know I'm late on this one, but I gargle hot salty water with honey in it. Gargle and spit about 10 times. It allowed me to do one two-hour performance as a singer with laryngitis (did this twice in my lifetime). Probably NOT good for you long-term. You can also use a personal humidifier, which can help (probably a bit kinder... other singers I've known have done this).

8i1dt37buh2m.png