As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Pretty much what DivideByZero said. I'll just say it again, the reason we even upgraded the clan tier from 100 to 300 in the first place was that we constantly had to kick people, because we bumped into the limit roughly every week.

If you'd prefer to roll your own clan with a few buddies for cheaper research costs, that's exactly what the alliance is for! Other than that, I think we're just going to have to live with slower research for the unfarmable resources for now, until something changes again.

yeah, that's probably what's going to happen. seems like the only practical solution for a poorly implemented clan size system where the PA clan wants to have more than 100 capacity but doesn't have 300 active members, but what can you do? it's pretty silly that clan sizes are set to certain numbers.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I just started playing this on the PS4- is the PS4 PA clan still active? If so are newbies welcome? :)

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I'd be perfectly happy to roll out of the main clan and do a small one with a few others. And join the Alliance of course.

• Options
    alright, so my group of friends and I made a clan. Can we get an invite to the alliance? Clan name is "King in the Steel".

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    alright, so my group of friends and I made a clan. Can we get an invite to the alliance? Clan name is "King in the Steel".

Sorry, didn't see this until just now, If it hasn't been done yet I'll get on it.

Edit: invite sent.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Could I get an invite on the PC side? My character is LanaJones.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Resigning myself to waiting then. I know it's not an RPG, but still ... jumping clans like that doesn't seem like the Tenno thing to do.
    Yoshua wrote: »
    Could I get an invite on the PC side? My character is LanaJones.
    Invite sent.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    After abandoning ship to wukong-pasture clans... can i grab an invite to ze clan? Same name in-game, Heroth.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Well I just encountered a hilarious bug. I was doing the interception sortie with an Ash, and while he was flipping around stabbing people, somehow I got bladestorm'd! There I was, minding my own business, when the camera switches to behind me, I'm glowing all red, and the Ash skewers me in the back. Needless to say, I went down and needed a rez.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Well I just encountered a hilarious bug. I was doing the interception sortie with an Ash, and while he was flipping around stabbing people, somehow I got bladestorm'd! There I was, minding my own business, when the camera switches to behind me, I'm glowing all red, and the Ash skewers me in the back. Needless to say, I went down and needed a rez.

You and/or Ash probably got a rad proc on you.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    That sounds like it. But it was still funny. I was just all, "Err, wait. What are you doing?"

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "I cannot help it. It is my nature."

• Options
    btw for anyone who needs neurodes a good place to get them now is probably Tycho on Earth, the survival mission on the moon.

The Sentients that spawn have a pretty decent chance of dropping neurodes (with a lower chance of dropping Orokin cells), and they can be desecrated for additional chances at loot. the regular enemies can also drop neurodes as well. I got a resource drop chance booster for my login reward, and through 2 runs of around 35 minutes each we walked away with a cool 30+ neurodes per run only having Nekros in our group (not sure if Hydroid can even tentacle the sentients).

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    I haven't really played Warframe now with PoE stuff, but popped in to try Ivara since it was finished building. So.. Cloak Arrow, how does it work? Sometimes enemies ignore me, sometimes they shoot me while in it. I mean I used a loud weapon but even fresh enemies start shooting at the bubble?

I wish I could colour the gray areas of Ivara, they clash with my theme :\

I've plenty of stuff to level now. Ivara, Chroma, Vauban, Loki/Frost primes, and I think Equinox has finished building as well. I wasn't really that keen to get Equinox, but I happened to get the stances as byproduct of farming Lethal Momentum and maniacs. I need another -75% plat offer now, the slots cost quite a bit and I think I need to buy potatoes as too..

• Options
    Cloak arrow creates a sphere of invis, anchored wherever the arrow hit (the ground, another player, your space dog etc.). Like other invis, enemy's will still shoot at what they can hear, and the sphere may or may not cover all of you, or could leave out your sentinel etc.

I use cloak arrow to hide in while I get energy from a restore, afterwards I activate her #2 power, stalk, which is a toggle invis. However you cannot sprint, slide, or climb without breaking the invis and if you shoot a weapon that isn't totally silent the invis is suspended for a moment, how long it suspends is determined by the fire rate I believe.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Cloak arrow creates a sphere of invis, anchored wherever the arrow hit (the ground, another player, your space dog etc.). Like other invis, enemy's will still shoot at what they can hear, and the sphere may or may not cover all of you, or could leave out your sentinel etc.

I use cloak arrow to hide in while I get energy from a restore, afterwards I activate her #2 power, stalk, which is a toggle invis. However you cannot sprint, slide, or climb without breaking the invis and if you shoot a weapon that isn't totally silent the invis is suspended for a moment, how long it suspends is determined by the fire rate I believe.

Ah right. don't remember enemies really trying to shoot me on invis Loki even if I use noisy stuff, though. But yeah, that's probably it.

Wait, you can anchor the sphere to other players? Does it move with them?

• Options
    Keemossi wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »

Ah right. don't remember enemies really trying to shoot me on invis Loki even if I use noisy stuff, though. But yeah, that's probably it.

Wait, you can anchor the sphere to other players? Does it move with them?

Yes, also if you can manage to stick the camera right you can stick one on your sentinel.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    The Nightmare alert went okay.

W2mQfMA.jpg?1

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Today's sortie went pretty well, got a Nezha part I needed, plus the toxin damage bullet jump mod dropped.

Regarding sortie drops and the trading thereof, I'm sitting on a spare dera vandal BP and receiver, and would need Nezha systems if anyone's got a spare.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ah, updoot over here on the xbox!

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Been working on a few Prime Frames, Nova's in the oven as we speak. The enemy spawn and AI changes really need tweeking. I've had too many Elimination missions turn into 'find the enemy' recently.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Yeah, exterminate spawn logic has always been a bit flakey, but they've really jacked it up in recent updates.

• Options
    It's really noticeable only because people gotta go fast and stuff like ember is making lazyframe easier than ever before

Really have to wonder if de is scratching their heads right now about ember because she's like an old mesa that can move at this point (and also doesn't need vision on targets)

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    two hours later
    50% done

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    two hours later
    50% done

I won't tell you how long mine took.

But I will say my first time logging in and I got a 2 hour credit booster from the new login reward system.

ediT: like the new coloring setup for mag prime.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    It took five hours, but Second Dream is finally downloaded.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Stalker 2.0 is a giant load of horseshit. As are the new enemies.

• Options
    the best thing you can do against damage adapters is to bring a strong secondary with another damage type

i tend to put corrosive on my primary, unload that into sentients, and when they gain resists, pull out my 3k radiation damage Vaykor Marelok and pop the sentients in 3-4 shots

• Options
    this also works against Shadow Stalker but he's significantly more dangerous due to his new attacks + dispel

• Options
    the best thing you can do against damage adapters is to bring a strong secondary with another damage type

i tend to put corrosive on my primary, unload that into sentients, and when they gain resists, pull out my 3k radiation damage Vaykor Marelok and pop the sentients in 3-4 shots

I did. Then they became immune to both. So I punched them. They became immune to that as well. Basically, after a short while, and this is using a multiple-forma SPrime and a Marelok, they're taking 5 damage from everything I do. :|

• Options
    odd

they shouldn't have that much hp

• Options
    Okay so late to the party as an Xboner but Second Dream:
    writing and voice acting in that last ten seconds of the quest line was kind of terrible. Everything before that though, awesome.
    "Sweet profit, the Moon exists!" is a line that will have me randomly chuckling to myself for years to come
    Something about the sequence with being carried by your Warframe was just super cool. Not sure exactly what it was about it, but it was a really cool moment.
    And I kinda love the novelty of having put literal thousands of hour into this game across several platforms and now, only now, am I getting to character creation.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    OH RIGHT AND THAT FUCKING POWERING DOWN
    I'm like okay I know exactly what this is, we were being remotely operated, this is a pod that a Tenno controls their Warframe from, it's cool to get this stuff confirmed- wait what's OH FUCK WHAT'S THE SCREEN DOING OH FUCK THAT ONE IS ME OH MAN AM I SCREWED?

oh but fuck that security eye boss fight
    that was just super clunky

cB557 on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    odd

Yeah, I've never had any issues with them in that regard. Just switch from one weapon to the next and they die. Currently I'm using a multiple-forma'd Phage (viral, corrosive, blast), Aksomati (radiation), and dual cleavers (gas) and they go down pretty easily (aside from the fact that they hit like dump trucks)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    then again whenever i fight sentients seriously it's with a nova in the party so

• Options
    then again whenever i fight sentients seriously it's with a nova in the party so
    there's basically no squad that is complete without a Nova

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    odd

Yeah, I've never had any issues with them in that regard. Just switch from one weapon to the next and they die. Currently I'm using a multiple-forma'd Phage (viral, corrosive, blast), Aksomati (radiation), and dual cleavers (gas) and they go down pretty easily (aside from the fact that they hit like dump trucks)

Finally managed Stalker 2.0. For some reason it took longer to go immune to the Soma, which was nice. The Sentients are still a pain in the junk.

Slightly displeased it went full anime. More displeased that the lens appears to only gain affinity from things it does, which I'd thought they fixed, meaning "gosh, that's useless on my Soma". Oh well.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

I did. Then they became immune to both. So I punched them. They became immune to that as well. Basically, after a short while, and this is using a multiple-forma SPrime and a Marelok, they're taking 5 damage from everything I do. :|

Play Trinity, and stun lock them with energy vampire.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Xborx Tanno:
    Xbox One Tenno will also receive a special code that will give players the following rewards:
    Kubrow Egg
    5x Uncommon Fusion Cores
    3-Day Credit Booster
    Orokin Catalyst Blueprint
    Orokin Reactor Blueprint
    5x Rare Fusion Cores
    A Landing Craft Stalker Noggle

Redeem the code THESECONDDREAM by 2pm ET on Wednesday, Dec 23rd at https://warframe.com/promocode to receive your in-game rewards by Dec 23rd at 3pm ET![Please note that you will need to log out and back in to receive the rewards]

Source

• Options
    So, I've played a bit of U18, did the quest and my impressions after the day's activities are as follows:

How to fight Sentients:
    Don't.

They get resistance to IPS too? I thought "let's use swords/kinectics" because they adapt to our higher tech stuff was the like the whole ninja thing? Chipping them down slowly just makes me sad and bored. Red Crits for less than 1000 damage are an abomination.

Everything else was cool. Except for one thing
    You can't put noggles in your room. :(

This discussion has been closed.