As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solium Infernum III: Now is the burning hellfire of our discontent

• Options
    BigBadWolfBigBadWolf Grandma's HouseRegistered User regular
    Son of a.... who destroyed my legion?

I'm assuming it was a event? The sickening part is I have the event that prevents other events being played... Oh well, I'm pretty sure that's me screwed then. The basis of my plan was to eliminate Auraynx on my first turn...

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Who would have guessed it doesn't pay to be greedy in hell?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Oh, am I not boned? Thought I'd be boned.

I won't be able to look til 7. Spoil if you like!

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Nope, not boned. Pretty well-off, in fact.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Son of a.... who destroyed my legion?

I'm assuming it was a event? The sickening part is I have the event that prevents other events being played... Oh well, I'm pretty sure that's me screwed then. The basis of my plan was to eliminate Auraynx on my first turn...

From Hell's Heart, etc, etc.

• Options
    Have any games ended in a simple prestige victory? The maker's blog says he predicts three quarters of games end this way but Ive never seen one that didnt end in excommunication eliminations.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The first one did, it might not count as all other players had dropped out (intimidated by my massive prestige lead no doubt).

The way the end results are fairly calculable, it does encourage you to make death or glory bids toward the end if you don't think you've got the required prestige.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I was looking at the scores, and I figured Auralynx was going to pip me at the post. Then I saw an opportunity to eliminate him...

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    The first one did, it might not count as all other players had dropped out (intimidated by my massive prestige lead no doubt).

The way the end results are fairly calculable, it does encourage you to make death or glory bids toward the end if you don't think you've got the required prestige.

Well, the other end is that I was actually stacking up on secret goals. I had about 60 prestige banked.

• Options
  • Options
    Oops. Thought I had sent it.

• Options
    No worries.

Two tokens left!

Wolf running out of legions!

Where did Auralynx get all that prestige from?!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    No worries.

Two tokens left!

Wolf running out of legions!

Where did Auralynx get all that prestige from?!

You guys let me sit on a big stretch of hexes with 2 PoPs for a long time. It's been adding up.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Well if you want to help, just buy a couple more artifacts for me to steal :P

• Options
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Well if you want to help, just buy a couple more artifacts for me to steal :P

Having finally looked at the turn, I'm pretty sure your legion thinks you should've stolen my Crown sooner so I couldn't have incinerated them. ;)

Which also explains the Prestige jump, btw.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Welp I'm dead. Off on Christmas break now so we'll have to clear this up in the New Year. Merry yuletide all.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Well it looks like Auralynx is going to take my stronghold in the next turn or 2 - so its stopping on a cliffhanger!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Scary solstice, fellow cultists. See you after the extended period of pagan rituals.

• Options
    New Year! New push on to the inevitable end!

I've got jako's and Body's so in this slimmed field we're just waiting on @Auralynx and @BigBadWolf

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Sorry, thought I'd submitted it before I went away for Xmas! You should have received my turn now.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm a bad man and promptly forgot this. Slap me more if I do that again.

And maybe don't maliciously eliminate your host next time :rotate:

8 tokens gone so not much more to go.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Holy shit what? Wolf eliminated everyone else? Did I somehow miss several turns, or am I just forgetting something or did it all happen in a single turn?

Edit: durr, had somehow mislabeled the PA4 save so the game didn't show up properly from inside SI, and thus clicked on the only available multiplayer game, PA3.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    And another one down.

Only one token left.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Man, getting sent the save file and opening the game just to find out you're dead is pretty brutal. Not like I had much chance of going anywhere anyway, but still.

Also, never trust Wolf. I mean, we're all devils, so it's expected. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, though.

• Options
    Good lord, Wolf, how do you have the order slots left over to beat everyone else up while holding me off? :|

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I've got 4 order slots. Considering I'm only moving the one legion - it leaves me with rather a lot of spare moves... Its basically all tribute and rituals at this point!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I had 5 order slots, but I think I maybe overfocused on boosting my avatar stats this time, instead of actually like, using them for something.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    Oof. I'm next on the warpath, aren't I.

No worries. My totally awesome legions can handle Wolf's!

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oof. I'm next on the warpath, aren't I.

No worries. My totally awesome legions can handle Wolf's!

Morituri te salutant/what a day, what a lovely day/etc

• Options
    Oh, well there you go. What happened to Wolf's legion guarding his stronghold? Melted by destruction rituals?

• Options
    It's got to all be over soon. My money's on Auralynx.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oh, well there you go. What happened to Wolf's legion guarding his stronghold? Melted by destruction rituals?

I won't know for sure til I get home but I've been raining fire in it for like 6 turns. Probably got through the check finally.

E: Yep. While banishing his Orb of Oblivion back to his stronghold. I'm not sure what it did but I figured Oblivion > Fire so it might have been an issue.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Ding, dong, the Wolf is dead.

We stagger on for another turn. Though at this point MrBody would need to pull of something spectacular. Still, second place and still alive is quite an accomplishment in a game that bloody!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ... I am beginning to suspect that it was not Wolf who was holding me off at all, based on last turn.

Sneaky!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Was he framing me with rituals?

• Options
    No, the very last one implicated you. It actually makes a certain amount of sense for you to have been in the tank for him, considering you're the other last man standing!

Either way, let's see how long before that last token comes up.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Geez, Wolf. It's not enough you tried to overthrow Pandemonium and wipe everyone out, you had to smear my good name too!

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Not Long! All hail Auralynx!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Not Long! All hail Auralynx!

The irony of it: I had Power Behind the Throne. I was really hoping one of you guys would give me a reason to surrender to you and throw fire at your opponents so I could win via the back door.

So were you actually working together, @MrBody / @BigBadWolf ?

Also big thanks to @Capfalcon for saving my bacon from Wolf's monster legion.

kshu0oba7xnr.png