As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    this week is Star Wars week; I'll take a final look through as I can and plan to start us off on saturday

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Make sure we did our math correctly. Any spectators more familiar with the system can do the same.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited December 2015
    Going through Star Wars Clone Wars to get my head in the atmosphere of the Clone Wars

These Jar Jar episodes are the bane of my existence.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

I haven't watched all of that show, probably not even most of it. Is there any reading that would help me get a frame of reference on where the galaxy is at other than the rule book?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Going through Star Wars Clone Wars to get my head in the atmosphere of the Clone Wars

These Jar Jar episodes are the bane of my existence.

Seasons 4-6 are really where the show excels

@ArcanisTheImpotent So Corellian Jedi tend to be a bit more insular; would Dermond and Dade be outcasts at home for going off to fight with the Jedi High Council instead of staying home?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited December 2015
    that is up to you--Jedi are Jedi first and having attachments can (according to the order) open one up to the dark side

if you want family interaction to be a thing then it can be a thing for sure! As a GM I play according to what is most dramatically enjoyable and satisfying for the players

Super Namicchi on
    also quick update tomorrow is my force awakens screening, followed by my real life game, and then a friend's birthday party on Saturday, so things might be delayed a little further beyond

I'll let @Fuselage chime in with his thoughts too, but I'm thinking we're part of a family line of Corellian Jedi, trained from within the family, and that's part of the unusual reason why brothers are partnered up.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

also quick update tomorrow is my force awakens screening, followed by my real life game, and then a friend's birthday party on Saturday, so things might be delayed a little further beyond

Keep in mind there's also going to be the Holiday Forum coming up next week

3basnids3lf9.jpg

ah yes, I did forget about that

we may be looking at a post-holiday start then, though I may be able to squeeze in some time on Friday before or after my game session

edited December 2015
    also, as far as the state of the galaxy, you're basically looking at the same old same old galaxy as it always has been with all its dangers - it is a big place after all - and layered on top of that the conflict of the Clone Wars, which is like WWI writ large. the fleets are battling, worlds with rich resources are contested, and it touches a lot of places. the only place you can really go and not see its effects are Hutt Space, the Corporate Sector, and beyond the Outer Rim into the unknown regions.

as it stands, very few combat capable Jedi are spared from serving in the war in some capacity, and as a result the Jedi who get elevated to apprentice and Knight status are a little more maverick and odd, because the Jedi have to replace the numbers they lose in combat.

the dark side shrouds everything as yoda is fond of saying, and there are more Dark Jedi emerging, some trained by Dooku himself, some not. all in all, it's a dangerous time that is filled with adventure

Super Namicchi on
    as far as the sort of thing I have planned for this game, I like telling personal stories the most, but my goal is to try and throw in bits of everything

grand battles (space and ground), cinematic lightsaber duels, investigations, diplomatic negotiations, infiltration, and even a dash of romance if you're willing

as far as the sort of thing I have planned for this game, I like telling personal stories the most, but my goal is to try and throw in bits of everything

grand battles (space and ground), cinematic lightsaber duels, investigations, diplomatic negotiations, infiltration, and even a dash of romance if you're willing

That explains the other use of Sense.

"The user may spend w/b to sense the current emotional state of one living target with whom he is engaged"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

hah

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Rats. I wish I saw this thread earlier. :)

If you're still willing to accept more players at a future date, please keep me in mind. I'm interested!

Do you spend xp as you earn it, or are there GM designated level up spots?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

xp is awarded and spent at end of session, which basically means you will get to spend xp whenever I hand it out

*comes back from The Force Awakens*

i'll be in my bunk

*leaves*

just now got a chance to sit down, your google docs are XMLs - i want to be able to link to them in one of the OPs so having them in a readable format on gdoc would be better so I don't have to load them up in the generator every time for a reference

edited December 2015
    (because sometimes I will be posting from other places than my pc)

Super Namicchi on
    How do I do that?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

well, I typed mine up in gdocs manually, but you could use a linkable sheet like myth-weavers if you don't want to do that

i prefer gdocs for the ease of editing and formatting

I've used myth-weavers before, it's good stuff.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    I copied the Google drive one, just gotta link it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

no worries - I did some writing and organizing for the game this morning, I'm going to post some stuff in a kind of 'get to know you' fashion for your characters

@ArcanisTheImpotent Dermond Malo - Human Warrior I think I copied it down correctly

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Ready when you are!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I'll try to copy my info down tonight, my bad!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4UcTlC8YmzdNS1uSjdWRTFpR3c/view?usp=sharing
    This is just the easy way out until I have the time to write everything down.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    everything looks good, I should have time to get the IC thread sorted and up on Wednesday, possibly earlier depending how busy work is

Tonally, are we going more serious or are we free to goof?

Also, dunno if I said it here, but the Second Invasion of Geonosis is intense as fuck

3basnids3lf9.jpg

when you say goof off how do you mean?

Have you seen TFA? I'm thinking when Poet is first brought to Kylo

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited December 2015
    oh, of course--humor is always fine

without going into a whole tangent, basically as long as it's in keeping with the tone and used strategically, isn't snarky and cynical, it's all good in the hood

Super Namicchi on
    also your characters look solid, though a few things to point out--you won't have duty or obligation (those are age of rebellion/edge of the empire mechanics respectively) and your morality should be somewhere in the range of 40-60

I noticed Dade has 30 morality which is way too low and running right up against the edge of being a dark sider

@Fuselage Yo, you trying to go Sith on me, bro?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

lastly, some background:

The Clone Wars are moving through the galaxy and the lines have been drawn. You haven't seen battle yet, but you both can feel in the Force that this rapidly expanding conflict is going to suck you in. The Dark Side shrouds everything and though you can't discern any details you know it will be sooner rather than later.

A few questions--

Dermond, you attained the rank of Jedi Knight five months ago under the tutelage of Master Adi Gallia. What did your Jedi Trial consist of? In brief, what is your relationship with Master Gallia?

Dade, it's no secret that the Jedi Order is wary of attachments as they can act as doorways to the Dark Side. What did you do that convinced the Jedi Council to grant your apprenticeship to your older brother? How do you reassure them that they made the right decision?