As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Follow @PAXSouthPrank2016 to not miss a thing!

peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House HufflepuffThe Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in PAX South
Previously on PAX Prank:
Last time, on PAX Prank:
On the next episode of PAX Prank:
South 2016: ???

The PAX Prank community tradition is back and once again we need your help! We need able individuals to help organize and be involved in this year’s prank.

Please read the PAX Prank Mission Statement:

The PAX Prank strives to be fun for everyone involved, be it the ones being pranked or the ones pranking. The PAX Prank will never act with malicious intent and will forever strive to avoid embarrassing its participants. It will be mindful of people who want no part in it, will not push the issue, and will always respect the authority figures of Penny Arcade Inc., PAX, and Greater Seattle/Boston/San Antonio. The PAX Prank will not cause any emotional, physical, or financial damage to anyone, whether they are involved directly or indirectly.

While each year's prank is kept under wraps from the general public, we do need interested volunteers! If you would like to join our organization, please complete our application linked below. Please do not respond if you cannot fit within the confines of the mission statement above or the criteria below.

Requirements:

You must not be opposed to Twitter, GroupMe, or Google Hangouts, and can potentially get SMS updates.

You must be over 18. Sorry folks.

You must be at least moderately outgoing. What we do will call a lot of attention to ourselves. We will be interacting with some of the celebrities that are at PAX. YOU WILL BE SEEN! If attention, social interaction, and having people probably laughing at/with you and/or wanting to praise you/shake your hand -- among other things -- upsets you, the prank may not be for you.*

*Note: If you would like to be involved in the creative aspects of the prank (content, design, planning, etc) rather than the actual presentation, please feel free to apply but specify that preference in your application.

You must be willing and able to keep up with prank communications on the prank forums and participate in threads on a regular basis.

You must be able to keep a secret. There will be mass emails, Skype/google hangout/tinychat calls, and other private conversations. We want to keep the reactions of our targets pure; surprise is the key here. Please don’t sign up if you know you are bad at keeping a secret.

You must be available either Thursday night or Friday morning before the show opens for an in person pre-PAX preparatory meeting. Most of us will be doing the Pre-PAX dinner, Pub Crawl, Board Game Night, and the like, so we know how cramped for time PAX can be. We will coordinate to fit everyone’s schedules as best we can, but if you can’t make yourself available on either day for about 15 to 30 minutes, please skip signing up.

So if you're ready to get in on the ground floor, come join us on the PAX South 2016 Prank!

http://bit.ly/S16PrankApp

7B14287.png
peetsnack on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fuck Yes.

Also as an aside to the prank itself, we will be doing a panel at PAX South! Come join us in a look behind the curtain at how the PAX Prank works and how you can bring your own brand of sillyness to any PAX!
    http://south.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/pranking-pax-keeping-pax-weird

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm still waiting on my Info Booth Dreadnought from last year guys *crosses arms and looks sternly at @peetsnack @zerzhul *

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited December 2015
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on my Info Booth Dreadnought from last year guys *crosses arms and looks sternly at peetsnack and zerzhul *
    Yeah, look, budget cuts, permits, etc, etc.... We'll be sure to get started before PAX South 2016 is over.

zerzhul on
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    zerzhul wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on my Info Booth Dreadnought from last year guys *crosses arms and looks sternly at peetsnack and zerzhul *
    Yeah, look, budget cuts, permits, etc, etc.... We'll be sure to get started before PAX South 2016 is over.

Oh christ. I, uh, should probably get the paper work started then.

zerzhul on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    I think we got your plans mixed up.. How about a really adorable corgi?

Holiday offer ends soon! Probably by the end of next week!

• Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    oh boy oh boy oh boy. It's the first year I'm actually going to sign up and participate instead of just watching from the sidelines!

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • EvelynEvelyn Registered User regular
    Dear PAX Prank,

I love you. You're awesome.

edited January 2016
    The application period will definitively close on the morning of January 4th.

zerzhul on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    To keep spoiler free leading up to PAX, we have created a placeholder twitter account here: https://twitter.com/PAXPrankSouth16

Follow it now, and when PAX starts, you will immediately get all prank updates! Rad!

7B14287.png