As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week - Extra Spooky Halloween Edition

KVWKVW Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Graphic Violence
*Note* May not be spooky in the slightest.

Figured since the last few MotW threads were a bit lackluster that I'd kick it off with a bunch of images to get the ball rolling this week.

First up, Super White Lady teaches Black Tarantula how to use a computer.
chipsandsalsalp0.jpg

Next is Daredevil's greatest enemy.
ddvsbricksdo0.jpg

To be fair, the bricks had it coming.

New X-Men had a million moments this week. Here's a couple of Santo being a tool.
santosatoolam9.jpg

The other mutant is the youngest one at the academy and everyone's convinced he'll be the first to die. Santo stays up with him to keep him company. Good times.

santosatool2ss3.jpg

Later, some more dickery to rival Superdickery followed by this parting shot.

santosatool3nf9.jpg

And if you remember the $%#ing Unicorns scene from last issue where Wolverine was training Pixie, you'll enjoy this panel.
pixiedustvk4.jpg

KVW on

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    ddvsbricksdo0.jpg

I picture him having that same expression after stubbing his toe or hitting his shin on the coffee table.

Hee.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anti-moment of the week.

My store getting a completely damaged shipment of Messia CompleX.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I gotta agree with KVW. Those two books were excellent this month.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    How was the Infinite Halloween Special?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Endless.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    How was the Infinite Halloween Special?

Yeah I really wanted to pick it up but the $6 price tag really dissuaded me.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited October 2007
    I'll get it once I get done here at work, I'm just wondering if reports have started rolling in regarding it's good/badness.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm really getting sick of David Alleyne

Fencingsax on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll get it once I get done here at work, I'm just wondering if reports have started rolling in regarding it's good/badness.

I've only read the first seven stories, and the only big negative I can find is the David Arquette story.

Ass.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2007
    Why is

Why

David Arquette?

What

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Why is

Why

David Arquette?

What

He even has a cameo.

I have no idea.

Bad Karma on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Why is

Why

David Arquette?

What

He even has a cameo.

I have no idea.

Wow. That is class.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh ya, anyone else pick up Quasar today? Savior for Conquest was finally revealed. Check the spoilers for..well...spoilers I guess.
    adamwarlocksa5.jpg

It's hinted at the end that Warlock might be corrupted or something similar. Possibly a Magus reference as to who the main bad guy for Conquest is? I'd also like to point out that I predicted Warlock, along with pretty much everyone else, a while ago when I did my Conquest Villains list on my blog. Looks like that post by Giffen or whoever in the interviews a while back saying Warlock was hands off for everyone was all a lie.

KVW on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh ya, anyone else pick up Quasar today? Savior for Conquest was finally revealed. Check the spoilers for..well...spoilers I guess.
    adamwarlocksa5.jpg

It's hinted at the end that Warlock might be corrupted or something similar. Possibly a Magus reference as to who the main bad guy for Conquest is? I'd also like to point out that I predicted Warlock, along with pretty much everyone else, a while ago when I did my Conquest Villains list on my blog. Looks like that post by Giffen or whoever in the interviews a while back saying Warlock was hands off for everyone was all a lie.
    I was very happy to see that, Adam Warlock has to show up in a cosmic story sooner or later, now if he can just get that soul gem back.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ddvsbricksdo0.jpg

Reminds me of spidey02.jpg

Peeps Chicken on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New X-Men was so good this week guys.

Sars_Boy on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    New X-Men was so good this week guys.

I've really got to start picking this up. I love the art and the writing that I've seen in previews and MotWs.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought the first story of the Robin Annual was pretty good. The second one was -- eh...

Batman got me sufficiently excited about the upcoming event.

I wasn't that into Action Comics, Superman looked REALLY young in it. Though I did like his boss basically accusing him of being a child predator with Jimmy Olsen.

Though my favorite comic of the week was Green Arrow/Black Canary. Even though I'm about 2-3 weeks late. My LCS ran out and the one I ordered just came in this week and it was great.

DharmaBum on
    edited November 2007
    Action Comics was awesome. Gary Frank is awesome.

Get it right.

Bad Karma on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Countdown was the worst issue ever

"Hey let's focus the whole issue on the goddamn Monitors who are so fucking boring and allude to 90's superman for two pages, that'll make up for it"

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2007
    From the few books I've read -

Justice Society of America #10
    When KC Supes saved that girl I was like aww man I want this guy to be Superman and then Batman was like oh shit and started cradling his kryptonite ring like oh shit I am so fucked if this doesnt work like last time.

But seriously, that was pretty cool.

DCU Infinite Halloween Special
    Apparently the only thing that frightens Lobo is a giant, adorable puppy dog

Death of the New Gods
    Darkseids dialogue.

God damnit Michael Ironside needs to narrate this book.

Bad Karma on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Action Comics was awesome. Gary Frank is awesome.

Get it right.

Maybe it's because I don't have a huge history with Supes. As in having the Legion in it didn't get my jollies off like it might for someone else.

Similarly it seems to me that the whole "THE SUN IS RED!" story has been done to death. Maybe it hasn't. Like I said I don't have a history with Superman, but it just seems to obvious that it's been done to death.

I liked the art in the past arc much better than I like it in this one. It just seems exceedingly generic, as compared to the last arc.

DharmaBum on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I know you guys don't read Anita Blake, so this won't make sense to you, but it was pretty cool to see exactly why Anita is generally afraid of Edward the assassin. She personally witnesses him get dogpiled by like ten vampires, then (after she just barely survives fighting one) watched him walk out of the vampires' den five minutes later carrying her half dead partner in one arm while torching the whole damn place with the other hand. Pretty much without a scratch too.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    I thought you'd be really into what happened to Prodigy, cuz he's your favorite character in New X-Men and all.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Haven't gotten my copy of New X-Men in the mail yet. And David's not my favorite character in the book. I'm sorta torn between Rockslide, Laura, Pixie, and Dust.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    Ah, I guess I just assumed because he was on your Black Avengers team.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    ddvsbricksdo0.jpg

I picture him having that same expression after stubbing his toe or hitting his shin on the coffee table.

Hee.

lets not forget he's just a normal guy.

i wanna see your face after you shove your hand through a fucking wall

delphinus on
  • Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    The Prodigy development explains why he has been kept around for so long. I know this is bad but he seemed like a copy of Synch from Generation X, what with being black and having powers which are based on absorbing something from others. But now it is really awesome, he is sort of like an intellectual Captain America. Normally physically human but the best at knowing all the stuff he knows. I didn't want to get attached to the new X-Men Characters because they all seemed so transient, mixed in with the other newX-men that were on that team with Mystique. But they are really great now and I will continue to read their of their journey.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New X-Men, all of it. I was laughing like a fool and my girlfriend called me a giant nerd.

Another hilarious moment was in Messiah CompleX. It's just one panel of the Beast and it is easily the worst picture I've ever seen. It's during the part in Cerebra.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007

When KC Supes saved that girl I was like aww man I want this guy to be Superman and then Batman was like oh shit and started cradling his kryptonite ring like oh shit I am so fucked if this doesnt work like last time.

But I thought the ring was destroyed?

And the colorist totally messed up on the last page. They colored Black Lightning as Green Lantern and John Stewart as Hal Jordan

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »

But I thought the ring was destroyed?
    Don't you think Batman would have fashioned another one? I mean..it's Batman

Bad Karma on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Its not like kryptonite is rare or anything.

Sharp101 on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why is

Why

David Arquette?

What
    Former WCW champion that's why!

Algertman on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    If he really wanted some, he would just beat up Luthor for it.

Fencingsax on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Haven't gotten my copy of New X-Men in the mail yet. And David's not my favorite character in the book. I'm sorta torn between Rockslide, Laura, Pixie, and Dust.
    Rockslide bitch!

Algertman on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    If he really wanted some, he would just beat up Luthor for it.

I'm pretty sure you can get a chunk the size of your fist with $100 in gas or by sending 20 UPC lables from Coco Puffs in.

Shit, I was walking to work this morning and couldn't walk two blocks without stumbling over a giant piece of that shit just lying in the street. This stuff was purple, so I don't know what that'd do, but I have NO idea how Superman gets anything done.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Someone has to scan the image of Beast I was talking about. It just looks so funny.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited November 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Rockslide bitch!

You make a compelling argument that I am unable to counter.

Also, Hooraydiation, David was on my Black Avengers team because his mutant powers made him a potential deus ex machina, and I figured I'd need to stack the deck since I only had one heavy hitter on the team.

wwtMask on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Rockslide bitch!
    NUH-UH! Pixie, man!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited November 2007
    Is it just me, or is Dust like this generation's Kurt Wagner?

wwtMask on