As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shooting at [San Bernardino] social services building (READ OP)

1121314151618»

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I don't recall it in High School but my middle school got cleared at least once for a bomb threat. This would have been around 90.

Cabezone on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We got shut down for one bomb threat in 99.

Surprise surprise, that was about a week after Colombine. And we all knew it was coming because the elementary school and middle school had threats te previous 2 days as well.

But before that? Nah. No such thing happening in our town.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I didn't have to deal with any bomb threats in high school but that's partly because Columbine happened in my county so kids knew they couldn't joke around like that without the hammer dropping on them. In fact we had next to no security increases after the shooting, especially compared to the rest of the country that brought in metal detectors and whatnot.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    We had a bomb threat once and school was basically over. After that they started keeping us on the bleachers for 15 minutes and sending us right back to class. We had a lot that year...

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Never had a bomb threat. Just a school shooting.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    A church in Denton, Texas received a bomb threat for Christmas Eve services. They're still going through with it but with extra security.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    A church in Denton, Texas received a bomb threat for Christmas Eve services. They're still going through with it but with extra security.
    Sigh.
    I hope they find whoever sent the threat and throw the book at them.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Only had one bomb threat at my school, but that's because it was a vague blanket statement about all the schools in the city.

The other three schools (all big, at least 1k population) had tonnes of threats, but my school (at most, 300) never was important enough to be pranked.

All of the pranks abruptly shut down after 9/11, as the cops really cracked down.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    We had someone call in a bomb threat to our school to distract the cops from their bank robbery on the other side of town. I think this was 2003.

a5ehren on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I had a bomb threat called on the school I was taking the ACT in.

On a saturday.

Totally legit.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.