As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Secret Santas 2015! [18 / 20 Complete]

Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
edited December 2016 in Artist's Corner
If the submission includes a larger version, just click the image to download it!

@acadia
vblcgi5wxoki.jpg

@Agentflit
gy7rlqmmr29b.jpg

@Angel_of_Bacon
iamcot6ayebt.jpg

@beckerskulls
nwpwmmyob6i1.jpg

@CyberMonkeytron3000
xwc197kk7f92.jpg

@Enc
a40v0tna7h2x.jpg

@Elaro
wymf3cib5hw4.jpg

@Esiotrot
gwzoj7dfj4hy.jpg

@Iruka
gc345aowp3kl.png

@lyrium
ybe2ac3baa9i.jpg

@melting_doll
bopys2ds4omi.gif

@m3nace
xj1pxf4ujyzr.jpg

x05pwmk6xpym.jpg

vs6cdqwbm20c.jpg

@NakedZergling
cYdZQ47.gif

@Projeck

@Prospicience
yb89shg2bz9c.jpg

@Red Raevyn
o7xxh2uctme5.jpg

@tapeslinger
29i5p9p2lvaz.png

@Thane
ymeqcekm3wh8.jpg

Yes, it is that time of year again. This is the 13th annual AC Secret Santa exchange! Lurkers, old-timers, newbies, EVERYBODY: sign the fuck up! Draw some cool shit for someone else, and get something awesome in return! Nobody cares if you suck at drawing, but everybody cares if they get stiffed, so don't be a holiday jerk!

What is it?
Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant and will be tasked with making a piece of gift/fan art for that person! It can be related to their interests, forum persona/avatar, or just whatever you like. The art will be sent digitally, unless you really would like to send an original drawing, but that is entirely up to you and is not required.

How do I sign up?
Just send an email to [ acsecretsanta@gmail.com ] with your forum username in the subject line and "Artist's Corner Secret Santa 2015" in the body of the message.

The deadline for signing up will be December 1st. You will be sent a private message shortly after with the username of whom you will be drawing a gift for.

Who can sign up?
Anybody! If you're a forumer, and you can draw, then you should be signing up for this! Lurkers are encouraged to participate as well, as long as you have some kind of tangible post history that extends more than a few months. Previous deadbeats are banned from participating.

Submitting Complete Work and Submission Deadline
All drawings must be emailed to [ acsecretsanta@gmail.com ] by December 23rd. Failure to submit your drawing after agreeing to sign up (shame on you, you awful human being) will result in FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES. Anything I can threaten you with is bullshit and if you suck then you won't finish regardless, so don't sign up if you suck and know you won't finish, that's all.

Is that all?
This is simply all the information you should need. This is not something to sign up for to get free art, it is about making something for another member. Remember that it could be you getting stiffed out of a drawing so do not sign up unless you are committed to finishing your end of the deal. I'm not sure if DMAC will personally end anyone who does not comply, as previous year's posts have stipulated, but I do guarantee he can furrow a mean brow.

Please don't sign up if you know you won't be able to deliver a finished product. Getting a really half assed gift sucks when you spent hours on getting yours in on time.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss and ask questions or post some of your interests to help out your Santa. If you say 'in' or 'I'm so doing this' in here and don't send me a proper email, do not expect to be participating.

Here's a handy template for giving a bit of information about yourself which will help your Santa with some ideas! Thanks to Iruka for the template :^:

||Favorites||
Color or Color scheme:
Character(s):
Movies/TV:
Games:
Animals:
Painting, Artist, or Art genre:

||Other||
General interests:
Link Photograph/self portraits:
Link Avatar/persona character:
Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of):

2014's thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194231/ac-secret-santas-2014-24-24-posted/p1
2013's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/184392/ac-secret-santa-2013-submissions-posted-100/p1
2012's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/169178/ac-secret-santa-2012-revealed-26-29-submitted-deadline-extended-3-days/p1
2011's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/151957/ac-secret-santa-discussion-2011-posted-22-24/p1
2010's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/133584/ac-secret-santa-2010-reveal-3434/p1
2009's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=108361
2008's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=78214
2007's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=44966
2006's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=10065
2004: http://iseenothing.com/artchive/secret%20santas%202004/
2003: http://iseenothing.com/artchive/secret%20santas%202003/

If anybody has an archive of 2005's submissions somewhere for some reason, it would be greatly appreciated to have it re-uploaded.

And for posterity:
dmac_revenge.jpg

Participants!
@beckerskulls
@Agentflit
@lyrium
@Red Raevyn
@m3nace
@Thane
@tapeslinger
@Iruka
@no_toast
@acadia
@CyberMonkeytron3000
@Projeck
@Prospicience
@Esiotrot
@Angel_of_Bacon
@Elaro
@Enc
@Flay
@NakedZergling
@melting_doll

bombardier on

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Let's get this snowball rolling:

m3nace:
    ||Favorites||
    Character(s): any of the characters from my comics
    Movies/TV: Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, Bojack Horseman
    Animals: my AV is a frog
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: pulp covers, royal portraits

||Other||
    General interests: pulp literature, comics, robots, ninjas
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): *see "Characters"

• ThaneThane Registered User regular
    Thane

||Favorites||
    Character(s): Don Draper,
    Movies/TV: Mad Men, Princess Mononoke
    Animals: Red Pandas, Frogs
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: queens of the stone age(i'm going with music)

||Other||
    General interests: the desert and most things in it
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): follow this link! :http://orig01.deviantart.net/28c2/f/2011/018/1/4/dudes_by_thanekats-d37h67v.jpg ( they're a bunch of animals who have adventures in the desert)

Can't wait, this is my favorite thing to come out of this forum.

286v37l.jpg
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Emailed!

||Favorites||
    Character(s): (in parentheses)
    Movies/TV: Venture Brothers (the Monarch & Dr Mrs), Battlestar Galactica (Starbuck!), Firefly, pretty much everything Marvel, and recently fell back in love with the original trilogy Star Wars movies, it's ridic. (Han & Leia) 
    Games: Don't Starve (Wilson) Sword & #Sworcery; TF2 (pyro)
    Books/comics: SAGA!! Sandman! Transmetropolitan, Hellboy, and, uh, Elfquest.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I generally like most vintage/retro art-isms of the 20th century from Art Nouveau forward.

||Other||
    Link Photograph/self portraits/Avatar/persona character: right now my avatar is me dressed up as Death from Sandman.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): if you read any of my writing over in twb and one of my characters inspires you to draw, go nuts!

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Iruka wrote: »
    I'm in, of course. I like drawings of my avatar, if you happen to get me.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Warm Colors
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Lautrec, Egon Schiele. Into lots of webcomics lately, Ant comic and Vattu especially.

||Other||
    You can spy on my via instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laura_makes_art/
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): DRAWINGS OF ME Anything on my tumblr or website are perfectly up for grabs or reinterpreting: http://lauramakesart.tumblr.com/

And more links to my avatar face:

• lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    copied, updated, so excited to do this again!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: If you have a way you do colors, please, do you. But lately I have been diggin this pair: https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1242/869646343_d3e184e20e_b.jpg
    Character(s): Jim Woodring's Frank/pupshaw
    Movies/TV: The Fall
    Animals: beetles, tapirs, foxes, anything funny looking, basically can't go wrong with animals!
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Shaun Tan still holds my heart right now. Also digging the old timey field illustration look lately.

||Other||
    General interests: biology/animals/anatomy/jazz/hip hop
    Link Photograph/self portraits/Avatar/persona character: this one's a twofer, since I've been backpacking my hair is a lot shaggier and my face a lot more freckly than last year. I recently took this picture because I have been wearing a necklace of a little stone face with its tongue out almost every day since I was 18, and draw weird cartoons with their tongues out a lot, so I guess if I have an avatar persona it's a weird thing with its tongue out. Don't know how that happened but here we are: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/lyrium/tongue.jpg

But most of all, please have fun, Santa!

lyrium on
  • acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    First time I've been active consistently enough to justify signing up! Yay!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Love me some reds, oranges, and blues. Desert colors.
    Character(s): The man with no name, batman, geralt of rivia
    Movies/TV: Rick and Morty, rick and morty 100 times, rick and morty forever.com, Star Wars.
    Games: Fallout, The Witcher, Star Wars Battlefront right now and for the foreseeable future!
    Animals: Anything weird (however you define that)
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Leyendecker, right now, love that 20th century shit

||Other||
    General interests: Music (playing a lot of ukulele lately), movies (also watching a lot of movies always)
    Link Avatar/persona character: It's me. There are a few pictures you can use for ref in my thread.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): check my thread for journal comics (character: me), or maybe take a spin with my ill-defined cowboy protagonist that you see in sketch form in there!

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    w7g9cnjg5p88.jpg
    mhzpdkxbklr0.jpg
    Hey guys! Im in as always!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: cool colors and or PINK!
    Character(s): KILLER PINK FLUFFIES (original character) zombies, Omni-man, jim raynor, judge dredd,
    Games: StarCraft, street fighter,
    Animals: turtles,Tiger, panda, bears
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Oh man! Joe Ledbetter, Mucha, Joe Mad, Humberto Ramos,

||Other||
    General interests:
    Link Avatar/persona character:
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Well I always love people doing their take on my Killer Pink Fluffies!

ill finish the rest of this at home!

NakedZergling on
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Blues, Greens, Purples, Reds, Teal, Silver.
    Character(s): Indiana Jones, Edward and Evie (Assassin's Creed), Kemper, James Bond, Nathan Drake, Stitch, 10th Doctor, Rose
    Movies/TV:Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien/s, Empire Strikes Back, Legend of Korra & Avatar: TLA, Dr Who, Harry Potter, Disney
    Games: Uncharted, Zelda, Final Fantasy (8-bit)
    Animals: Cats, Dolphins, Dragons
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Picasso, Botticelli, pretty much any renaissance painter, sculptor.

||Other||
    General interests: video games, comic books, reading, snow, coffee
    1. https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11066069_10202954099807664_9124960082693186444_n.jpg?oh=cda5e9f2ee00896ea73d9db775b2fd6e&oe=56F6D24C
    2. https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1899927_10200998811406676_32123861_n.jpg?oh=21551b013837df3e95b2d84fb4051d62&oe=56E64983
    3. https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/1920371_10201010019646875_1284507209_n.jpg?oh=c816f15335aa604cadaa45f3a1b7f57a&oe=56E936E4

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    Apparently this is like my 10th year doing this shit.... And I still love it!

Color or Color scheme: Neon stuff- blues and pinks
    Movies/TV: 80-90's cartoons, Starship Troopers, Dredd, Robocop, Avengers, giant things punching other giant things in their face
    Games: Halo, Darksiders

As with every year though, I'm down with anything you wanna do.

Hey AC!

@CyberMonkeytron3000 every year you jump in is a christmas miracle

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    oh boy, the best part of christmas is finally here

||Favorites||
    Character(s): judge holden, charlie brown, DOOM (he is playing a character, right? )
    Movies/TV: kurosawa, kubrick, p.t. anderson, Roseanne, steven universe
    Games: dota
    Animals: human
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: vasquez, kc green, kazuo shiraga ( gutai ) , ingres

||Other||
    General interests: hip hop, comics, philosophy

edited November 2015
    @Projeck do you mean this doom
    cover256x256-ff7582afb3774c1dbb5f455eeacda6a2.jpg
    or this doom
    drd.png

lyrium on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    yes, both.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »
    yes, both.
    They are one in the same.

Also I'm in, will post my stuff latros.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Pumped to be able to commit to this again.

||Favorites||
    Character(s)/Games: Been playing League of Legends the last year (Jax, Vi, Tristana), and Smite (Kukulkan)
    Art uhhh comics I follow: Jake Wyatt, Clay Rodery, Anthony Holden, Bouletcorp, The Last Halloween, Hark! A Vagrant

||Other||
    General interests: Pilot, motorcyclist, birdwatcher
    Link self portrait

Red Raevyn on
  • EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    I hope my e-mail wasn't too late, yay for secret santa.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Dark colours because Goth, normally no colours at all because Goth
    Animals: Ravens, Jaguars, Ocelots, Trolls, Demon's from the vortex between realities, Space Serpents who can see through time and space, snakes.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Leyendecker, Bacon, Beardsley, JW Waterhouse, Phil Hale, Doré

||Other||
    General interests: reading about the occult and witchcraft and the like, stories about demons and sorcerers and the sort of things that probably live in spooky trees.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, can I make my present be a piece of music instead of a drawing?

Also,

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Orange+red+pale blue on midnight blue
    Movies/TV: the Matrix, Star Wars, Blade Runner
    Games: Warhammer 40 000
    Animals: Wolf, Human
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Romanticism, "Used Future"

||Other||
    General interests: Computer Science, Science Fiction, robots

Children's rights are human rights.
  • ||Favorites||
    Character(s):
    Movies/TV: Avatar: The Last Airbender, One Punch Man, The Winter Solider, Sergio Leone westerns, Pacific Rim
    Games: Monkey Island, Doom 2, Metal Gead Solid 1-3, the Tex Murphy games.
    Animals: Dogs, Ferrets
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Mignola, Leyendecker, Marko Djurdjevic, Steve Purcell, Gigi D.G.

||Other||
    General interests: Hiking?, watching/making fun of/listening to others make fun of bad movies (ala MST3k/The Flop House Podcast)
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Link Avatar/persona character: Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Couch Guy?

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Any? All? I trust ya. I do tend to lean towards muted colors, but I'm good with whatevs.

Character(s): The Raven King
    Movies/TV: Under the Skin, The Zero Theorem, Adventure time, Always Sunny, ex machina, mosty any sci fi shiz
    Games: transistor, fall out, dota, downwell
    Animals: Ravens and Bats, but all animals are cool man.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Jeremy Fish, Dan Lish, Oliver Jeffers, Kate Baylay, Enki Bilal

||Other||
    General interests: Photography, typography, hiking, sculpting, hip hop, painting, birds
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Not me but \my flickr is in my sig, there's some photos of me somewhere in there. Might also show the kinda stuff I like.
    Link Avatar/persona character: See avatar - raven
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): …see above - ex.ravens

Prospicience on
  • Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    Emails out! If there's an issue please let me know ASAP.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And just a heads up: I haven't entered SS this year due to time constraints, but I am aiming to get at least my regular ol' xmas card done. So in the spirit of not-secret-santa-ing, if anyone wants a card just PM me your (mailing) address!!

• no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    Excited about this once again!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Orange
    Character(s): Robert Downey Jr
    Movies/TV: Marvel movies/tv series, Wes Anderson movies
    Animals: Ducks, squirrels, dogs
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Academic art, art nouveau

||Other||
    General interests: Croquis, Rock climbing, Bass guitar, Cooking
    Link Avatar/persona character: <-see the duck avatar

• beckerskullsbeckerskulls Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ||Favorites||

Character(s): Anyone from the Hobbit (Huge fan of the book! Movies, not so much)
    Movies/TV: Secret of Kells, The Book of Life, The Iron Giant, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Adventure Time, Samurai Jack
    Animals: sloths, ducks & all the woodland critters

||Other||
    General interests: reading, ukulele, steampunk, nerds
    Nerd skull avatar is always a good option. Also, here's my face: here, here, here, and here

Or redraw this guy: Badger

Just so you know, I've been pretty good this year. Thanks, Santa!

beckerskulls on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    was i naughty?
    i didn't get an email, and don't see my name on the list...

NakedZergling on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think sign ups closed on the 1st duders. But maybe Santa will take pity ...

@NakedZergling
    Not sure what happened and was not deliberate, but I tripdrouple-checked my (acsecretsanta@gmail.com) email and didn't find anything from you. I also didn't think to check the thread for people saying they wanted in and adding those as well, so my bad on that. I would have added you but I missed your post.

Assuming most of us haven't started yet, maybe we could reassign with Zerg, Flay, and Enc added in? There aren't very many participating anyway?

I've started. Zerg, would you like to be back up for a no show?

• AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Here's my thing, I hope it is helpful even though it is late-ish

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: COLORS FUCK YES
    Character(s): Exit mouse from earthbound is neat. I also like Quimby Mouse! I also like Grickle!
    Movies/TV: I've seen UHF like 30 times. Primer is good. Song of the Sea is a recent one I love.
    Games: I'm wasting my life playing Rocket League, please send help
    Animals: Oh! I love dogs!
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I read a lot of artsy fartsy comics among others. Random selection from my bookshelf: Skyscrapers of the Midwest, A Drifting Life, Asterios Polyp, The Maxx, The Realist, every harvey pekar book, Wizzywig, MOME, Louis Riel, Jimmy Corrigan, etc.

||Other||
    General interests: I play jazz piano.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Average white american male. Brown hair, green eyes.
    Link Avatar/persona character: Probably the exit mouse.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I have "muscle guy" as well as "flattop man". Yeah, real original, right??

Thank you! I love you!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Burgundy
    Character(s): Atrus from Myst, Leorio from Hunter x Hunter
    Movies/TV: Lord of the Rings, The Librarians,
    Animals: Cats
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I like most everything.

||Other||
    General interests:
    Link Avatar/persona character: Previous avatars:
    http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/12218/499919-556px_leorio.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/65/e7/15/65e715a948677444504252c54ce0e322.jpg
    Current: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e9/07/cd/e907cd1ed072075c6142deacdb1c51dc.jpg

Enc on
    So @Enc @Flay @NakedZergling and @melting_doll have expressed interest, therefore I am making a secondary super secret santa circle for cool kids group with the 4 of them.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    WOOOOOOO

Ummm I play roller derby(one of my team's colors are red&black and the other's are navy/white). I'm short with long curly dark brown hair and eyes and I'm curvy, also I have a small grey kitten with green eyes named Beans. I like colorful stuff and happy cute things like fluffy bears and I wear lots of skirts and long socks.

For specific interests I really like Legend of Zelda, mostly Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. I also love Garrus from Mass Effect, and the Scout from Team Fortress 2. I work at a comic shop and love the Saga series the most. I also really love Vikings and am half Korean so am pretty into their culture too.

I hope that's enough info (:

melting_doll on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ||Favorites||
    Movies/TV: Adventure Time, Pan's Labyrinth, Eraserhead, Black Mirror
    Games: Journey, Dark Souls, Beyond Good and Evil
    Animals: Chameleons and Whales. And raccoons of course.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Leyendecker, Shaun Tan, James Gurney, James Jean, Olly Moss

||Other||
    General Interests: Cyberpunk, electronic music, animation, graphic design, science, history, long walks on the beach

Flay on
    Thanks guys!!!!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Alright, I made music!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Good to know for next year, especially as I ended up doing this for my D&D SS

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    My inks are done, colors may be finished late but I'm kind of excited about it so far

There is some cooooool stuff so far!

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 my secret santa!

Also, just fyi I haven't forgotten to do mine, it's just that I won't get near a scanner for a while so hang in there secret santee!