As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I totally plan to fly Interceptors

(I actually already bought the Interceptor, and the Aces pack is on my shortlist)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    The two guys you should check out, in my humble option, is Soontir Fel and Lt. Lorrir.

Fel is the quintessential Interceptor, with Push the Limit, you can take two actions, which stresses Fel out, but that's what he wants as doing so gives him a free focus. So don't be afraid to boost and barrel roll, you'll get outside of firing arcs (especially good if you're using Autothrusters).

Now Lorrir is one of the underused Interceptors who should really have more. When Lorrir barrel rolls, he can use the 1 bank ruler instead of a 1 straight. Then he takes stress. And like any interceptor, he can boost. So let's look at what he can do with just actions alone:

gr1ivgd890c4.png

All those possible shots. The key to Interceptors is knowing where and how your enemy will move and make sure you're in a position to capitalize on it. Don't be afraid to 5 K-turn if needed, especially with Fel.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Carnor Jax is also a giant asshole, depending on your meta. If you run into a lot of Fat Han, Carnor will make him real sad.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I think Lorir would be super good if it weren't for the stress component.

Heck he could happily cost more without that component and I still think it'd make him a far better pilot. As it stands having an ace who actively screws his action economy when he arc dodges compared to Soontir being able to get all the things he wants while doing it isn't really great.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I feel like Echo does the same thing, but with 4 attack dice

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lorir having to take stress and not having an Elite Pilot Talent slot is probably what hinders him a bit. I like him though.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    K, hounds tooth, HWK and Most wanted ordered.

Time to fire so many cannons and turrets at fools.

Of you are get tong Most Wanted,is a shame to not own a slave-1 since it includes everything you need to convert one to the scum faction. Worst, I would have skip the HWK to buy a slave-1. Still, you will get a lot of fun ahead. I myself got a hound's tooth from my wife. Can't wait to give it a spin. That 180 degree firing ark sounds fun.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »

Of you are get tong Most Wanted,is a shame to not own a slave-1 since it includes everything you need to convert one to the scum faction. Worst, I would have skip the HWK to buy a slave-1. Still, you will get a lot of fun ahead. I myself got a hound's tooth from my wife. Can't wait to give it a spin. That 180 degree firing ark sounds fun.

Oh, I don't know!
    latest?cb=20141103180434

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options

I uh, maybe went over budget and brought a Slave 1 too.

Also I wanted the HWK pilot that robs PS so I could saltily hard counter a friend who adores Whisper shenanigans.

So people, feed my consumerism with fun lists using MW (with a second Y wing), Hounds, Slave 1 and a HWK.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Have you showed your friend the FAQ where Whisper is slightly less OP?

• Options
    The having to de-cloak at the start of planning? Yeah.

It's still super annoying garbage to deal with. My current solution is just to continually ion it so it can't de-cloak and then deal with other stuff. That's not really ideal though compared to sapping it of it's PS and putting it infront of a BLT Y Wing.

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular

Also I wanted the HWK pilot that robs PS so I could saltily hard counter a friend who adores Whisper shenanigans.

So people, feed my consumerism with fun lists using MW (with a second Y wing), Hounds, Slave 1 and a HWK.
    Quick and dirty Swarm:
    Syndicate Thug (21)
    Y-Wing (18), Autoblaster Turret (2), Unhinged Astromech (1), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Syndicate Thug (25)
    Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5), R4 Agromech (2), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Binayre Pirate (12) x 2

Trandoshan Slaver (30)
    YV-666 (29), Greedo (1)
    This is a TOUGH list because of how many HPs it has.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    TheDrifterTheDrifter Registered User regular

I fought Mux at the tournament I brought Whisper to last weekend.

I threw my TIE Fighters into the wood chipper until Mux was dead. Then Whisper batted cleanup. Which I think is exactly what the Empire would do anyhow.

So...he was more effective than the average lower PS ship, and I rightly feared him, but there were options on the table to protect my precious Whisper and I took them.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    ElderCat wrote: »

Quick and dirty Swarm:
    Syndicate Thug (21)

Syndicate Thug (25)

Binayre Pirate (12) x 2

Trandoshan Slaver (30)
    YV-666 (29), Greedo (1)

Maybe, my current set up is:

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/375734/scum-swarm

Which loses a bit of health in return for a more flexible Ion Cannon and bigger gunned Y-wings.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    I'm seeing the same list twice.

• Options
    That's weird, lemme fix that.

This is the second, less swarmy list: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/376194/scum-guns

• Options
    I like both quite a bit. I dont love the Tooth title, but I don't know what else you might buy in to that'd be definitively better.

Plus it has serious style points.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for a quick game in Vassal?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2015
    ElderCat wrote: »

Quick and dirty Swarm:
    Syndicate Thug (21)

Syndicate Thug (25)

Binayre Pirate (12) x 2

Trandoshan Slaver (30)
    YV-666 (29), Greedo (1)

Maybe, my current set up is:

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/375734/scum-swarm

Which loses a bit of health in return for a more flexible Ion Cannon and bigger gunned Y-wings.

TLT comes in the K-wing, I didn't know you had 2 of those. But yeah TLT is a great turret.
    This is the second, less swarmy list: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/376194/scum-guns
    I like this list. Pretty beefy. In this list I would not put the BTL title on the Y's, I think it offers more flexibility as a 360 arc to cover the blind side of Bossk.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    I know I might be late for this suggestion, but I'm definitely in favor of a Team Epic battle on Vassal.

Perhaps having some setup rules like:
    - 2-3 players on a team.
    - 400pt squads (distributed amongst team members-- points do not have to be evenly spread)
    - Each team must field at least 1 epic ship.
    - Epic ships must field at least 2 upgrades (1 on each half for the big guns).

This would probably make battles interesting.

Or perhaps even 1v1 Epic match-ups would do just fine, at 200-300 pts.

Not sure why S&V doesn't have a epic ship for them (yet). I suppose there's not much for the Scum to use, canon-wise, unless you can turn a GR-75 into an Epic S&V ship somehow. I'd imagine having two Hound's Tooths would make up for the lack of an epic ship for the time being.

YIVQ28P.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Scum can fly 4x IG-88 in epic.

Believe me, it's something when they all have the IG-2000 title.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Lorrir is at his best against secondary arcs. He's really strong against Firesprays and I expect him to do well against the Ghost.

I expect a resurgence of Imperial Firespray lists with this guy;
    latest?cb=20150801083242

He is so good.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The TIE Fighter pilots that come with the Assault Carrier seem pretty amazing too, Wampa and Youngster in particular
    6XYmXwa.pngIzSJRbi.png

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I am using both on the 7th. Really excited to see how expose on Youngster works out.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Got the Hound's Tooth over the holiday. Yay! Eyeing some builds and lists now, and I'd like some opinions:

The Bossk build I've settled on uses Calculation and a Recon Spec to generate crits for Bossk's ability. In addition, I'd be taking K-4, Outlaw Tech, and an Engine Upgrade.

Accompanying Bossk, I'm thinking either matching Syndicate Thugs with TLT and Unhinged Astromech (because why not), OR N'Dru w/ Lone Wolf, Cluster Missiles, and Glitterstim (this is my favorite ship in the whole game) and a Hired Gun w/ the same loadout as the thugs.

Leaning toward the second group because I love Dru so much, but you can't really go wrong with the thugs, so I dunno.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I have been using Bossk with Boba Fett actually, which is a list that works surprisingly well and I am still tweaking it (there are a lot of different options here). I call it the "Bounty Hunter Buddy Cops" and it managed to out joust and beat my ridiculous 4 X-Wing list (which almost killed Bossk in a single pass). I'll probably continue fiddling with this list for a while, especially because I really want to put a HLC on Bossk, but finding the points is reasonably hard (I am pretty sure Recon Spec will be better on Bossk as well instead of Tactician).

Edit: Apparently nobody has built this squad before. Thanks X-Wing Squadron builder, I'm not sure how to interpret that...

Edit2: There is also an error, as Boba Fett obviously doesn't have the points for a PT. It's not in there and I don't know why it thinks he has one.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    I want to make a Dengar/Zuckuss team called the Punishing Hunter

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hey, they added the dial thingy to UK Squad Builder! That's great as I never know what the hell your ships can do until you do them.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I can't do a two ship list. The Imperial in me is having a hard enough time with as few as 3 :razz:

Tho, the more I think about it, the more useless Engine seems on my Bossk. Can't focus if I boost, and I need that focus. Engine would be good on a Mangler build tho, guess I was still stuck on that mindset.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Lorrir is at his best against secondary arcs. He's really strong against Firesprays and I expect him to do well against the Ghost.

latest?cb=20150801083242

He is so good.

Is he in the Tie carrier?

Still I think it would be neat and a wallet weeping item if they had the Vigil class corvette
    57.jpg

It's basically twice the size of the CR90 aka Tantive VI corvette

pic1625667_md.jpg

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Also this is my brobots build, which actually is a tournament level build - though I had a big debate about going with IG-88A over IG-88C.

And yeah, I can't live without that little "Show Dial" tool. It's the single most useful thing I've ever seen.

Edit: My dream is all 4 in one epic game.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    What's the show dial tool?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What's the show dial tool?

It's an option that shows all the options on a ships maneuvering dial. You can turn it on or off at the top of the screen.

• Options
    A vassal thing ok

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

latest?cb=20150801083242

He is so good.

Is he in the Tie carrier?

Still I think it would be neat and a wallet weeping item if they had the Vigil class corvette
    57.jpg

It's basically twice the size of the CR90 aka Tantive VI corvette
    pic1625667_md.jpg

That would be a pretty cool ship to see on the table, but that looks like an awful lot of table space taken up by one model.

• Options
    A vassal thing ok
    No it's the voidstate squad builder, they just added the option to print out the possible movements of each ship on the list. See this link for example:
    http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/376580/brobots-like-its-1999#manoeuvres=show&view=full

Also that is SO useful.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Is there much point in getting the standalone interceptor if I plan on getting the aces pack?

Unless I want more interceptors of course. Just wondering if the pilot/upgrade cards in the standalone are worth it.

• Options
    @LockedOnTarget The best Int pilot is in the standalone

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @LockedOnTarget The best Int pilot is in the standalone

Also the 3rd best in Turr Phennir. And 3rd best for Ints isnt like...3rd best for EWings. Turr can be taken off to a tournament and do some good work.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. I'll get it then.

Having three of them is probably good anyway.