As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2016 Solo Attendees Thread

Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
edited October 2015 in PAX East
I thought this would be a good idea incase anyone wanted a new group to hang out with during PAX East

How to find me: I will bring a piece of paper with my Username written on it
Preferred Activitie:Expo Hall,Free Play,Tournaments,MTG

TbjrD9q.png
Jigglypuff510 on

• Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Most years I end up being solo at least 70% of the time. I will know at least a dozen or so people who are going but I usually just end up doing whatever by myself.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    yea same here during the actual pax day i normally am solo come the night time and parties after last year i have a group of 5 or 6 guys i will prob be with at least a few of them each night

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Even with a group during the day it's hard to stay together, folks want to see different panels and such, some will watch a tournament, some will be hanging out at certain booths etc. As Rascrush mentioned it's much easier to group back up at night when their are fewer activities. So most folks probably have times they are solo each day at PAX, but that's perfectly fine. Hopefully you'll make some new friends at PAX.

• Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    Thats pretty awesome. This will be my first year going alone, which is both cool and shitty all at once. So i may share a hotel room with someone I donno ROFL this is my first year doing it this way.

• Options
    LMcosplaysLMcosplays Registered User regular
    I'm going to be in a group. So far we have 4 people walking around in this group but we would love to meet more people! If anyone sees a group of Borderlands or Bioshock characters walking around.. feel free to hangout with us. *especially when we do the Tiny Tina tea party... please feel free to sit down with us and have pretend tea and cookies* xD

• Options
    rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    I'll be going completely solo (:

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    ill be going solo this year.so if krieger randomly invites himself into your group...thats not me lmao

• Options
    BrigzZBrigzZ Registered User regular
    Tiny Tina Tea Party? Sounds like the place to be!

• Options
    ToucansToucans New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Also going solo, Can't wait to frolic in the tabletop room.

• Options
    SG_FredSG_Fred Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Like most I end up a lot of time solo but try to meet up with people for certain activities. Although I think this thread is a great way to make new friends and I will keep an eye out for things that interest me.

• Options
    something i personally do every year either on fri or sat night is go to dinner at fire and ice 1st year was just me last year had some family join me if anyone would be interested in joining this year if u just let me know i could add u to the reservation when i make it normally make it once the schedule comes out so I can see what night it works best

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    im down with fire an ice.will be headin there thursday with some friends but we can prob move it to friday.....or both nights lol

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Not familiar with it ... What kind of food ... Family friendly or more bar?

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    YamskarYamskar Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I would definitely be down for fire and ice. For those not familiar, its something along the lines of self-serve hibachi buffet type of deal. You grab your marinated meats/pastas/veggies and they saute/grill/fry them right in front of you on a large flat griddle. I'd say its more family friendly but if you're more a drinker, it is still waiter serviced.

Yamskar on
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I'll likely be going solo as well. I'd love to meet up with other solo attendees at the convention center. Not sure about fire and ice as I will be restricted in terms of diet, but would be totally up for other activities.

• Options
    cool maybe I can set up a thread or something like that for people that would wanna go. I normally wait till the schedule is out so I know bout panels so on so fourth dont want it to interfare with things I wanna do besides this. Abby I know we planned on meeting a few years ago and never did would be cool if u could join this year Chris u are my roomie so of course it u want to join by all means

• Options
    @rascrush ... We are in a few days prior so it is definitely something I would be up for ... Will hit the pre- pax dinner as well.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    @aBByNormaL I will not be at the pax dinner this year as my train dont get in boston till thursday at like 10pm if you would like to join for this dinner though u more then welcome just let me know as it get closer

• Options
    BrigzZBrigzZ Registered User regular
    Pre-PAX dinner? First timer here trying to figure out what I wanna be involved in :p

• Options
    @BrigzZ if you look in the parties events thread it is there ... Usually is 4-7 pm on Thursday.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @rascrush shoot me a pm and we will try and figure something out, I think you are on my psn friend list so shoot me something ther if you like.

aBByNormaL on
  • Options
    MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    well i'm going semi solo; usually it's me and 3 or 4 friends grab a hotel room/suite and go up together
    this year it's me and one friend in the hotel (the other friend is going but is going to be staying at a family members place)
    but i'd be up for whatever for the most part and my other friend most likely would be as well

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I travel with my son but he usually does his own thing during PAX. We do come in a day early for the mystery tour which is always fun. We may do the pre-PAX dinner but I haven't decided yet.

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Oh, the PPD is excellent for meeting people when you're going solo or with your child. I do that every year and it's so much fun meeting everyone.

• Options
    MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    so has anything with the pre-pax dinner been figured out or not yet?

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    so has anything with the pre-pax dinner been figured out or not yet?

I don't think so, no one has posted anything as of yet that I've seen. I'll be adding it to the event through when it is.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    Only thing I saw was a placeholder for the PPD. ClannMorgan posted this in the parties thread back in November 2015 ...
    It's never too early for the party thread! I've already starting scouting out places for the PrePax Dinner...I had a great time last year, hope you all can make it this year!

Edit: PPD Thursday, April 21st
    4-7pm, location TBD, Menu TBD.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I'm not going solo but I went for a few years and I know it can suck.

My group, including myself, is 4 strong. We range from 19-22. Hit me up via PM if you need some friends or it's your first PAX and we'll show you around.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm going solo primarily because everyone else my age tends to either not have the time or not have the interest in this sort of thing. Always up for meeting new people though. This year I broke down and booked a hotel nearby so I'll be in the area.

• Options
    RenegadeTK wrote: »
    I'm going solo primarily because everyone else my age tends to either not have the time or not have the interest in this sort of thing. Always up for meeting new people though. This year I broke down and booked a hotel nearby so I'll be in the area.

What's your age range?

• Options
    anifirebirdanifirebird Registered User regular
    I'm 30 and going solo this year. I still need a place to stay with minimal people. Uhh, I was hoping there was an assassin's ball like Prime but I don't see that. Hmmm what else!?

• Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    This will be my 2nd year going. I'm 27 and soloing again. I will be flying in Wednesday, and definitely going to the Red Sox-Rays Game on Thursday.
    Last year I didn't do anything outside the convention as I got my ticket last minute and really didn't make any other plans.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    Nara_HaleNara_Hale Registered User regular
    I'll be attending solo this year, and while it's not my first PAX, nor is it my first PAX going solo, it's always nerve wracking to be by yourself. I'm only going Saturday and live in the area, so I'll probably be taking the T in, but I'm worried about doing that in cosplay

• Options
    RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Early 40's.

• Options
    I'm in my mid 40's. I can totally relate.

• Options
    jumblejunkiejumblejunkie Registered User new member
    early 30s. This will be my 4th (i think) PAX East going solo. Last year i left a day early because I was a tad lonely :(

• Options
    I'm used to going it alone but would gladly welcome anyone who wants to hang out @jumblejunkie and @RenegageTK

• Options
    CirillaCirilla MARegistered User new member
    I'll likely be going solo as well. I'd love to meet up with other solo attendees at the convention center. Not sure about fire and ice as I will be restricted in terms of diet, but would be totally up for other activities.

Is your username a reference to the band?

Yeeeeeeeeeeep. This'll be my first solo PAX East since the first one in 2010. I have friends in the area and an extra set of badges so in theory I should be able to meet up with people. But this is the first year in a long time that I haven't officially gone "with" someone. Not sure what to do with myself over a whole 3 days or how to meet people.

• Options
    rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    I'll be going solo! Have been going solo to every pax so far. (:

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    @Cirilla didn't know there was a band y that name. My username is a reference to the Baltimore ravens (quote the raven nevermore).

I'd be up for hanging out with any of you guys when I'm not on shift. For reference I am very late 20s. Going alone does have it's perks like being part of this thread and hopefully meeting some of you awesome people