As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MechWarrior Online] HEAD TO THE LZ FOR EXTRACTION TO NEW THREAD!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I went in for the ECM Archer since that will be my last purchase in a long time. But to be honest, I really think I shouldn't have and just waited to see how well they were.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I went in for the ECM Archer since that will be my last purchase in a long time. But to be honest, I really think I shouldn't have and just waited to see how well they were.

I know it's probably not going to get much in the way of quirks, but damn is this tempting: Mock ARC-T: 4xLL, ECM, 300STD, 17 DHS. It's like a poke-ier, ECM-bubbled, Tbolt without the quirks (as far as we know). I loves me some LL's for CW.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Frankly I'm interested in the Archer because I've never done LRM support before and they seem like they would be ok even without perks.

Yeah, my justification was that it would be my IS Mad Dog with missiles and lasers. Plus I am with @OpposingFarce with that I've never done a missile support mech. Knowing that it will be subpar to the Mad Dog is ok with me too.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Nips wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know if the GRF-2N has made it into the game for C-bills yet? Smurfy seems to think it is, and I'm still thinking I want one for a drop deck. Or maybe I break down and get Archers with the Hero for a non-light ECM, but I really want to see the Quirks before I jump on that bandwagon.

Yep, GRF-2N is available for CBills.

Baller. Definitely gotta pick up a few of those now. I'm kind of digging an idea like this for CW: GRF-2N: ERPPC, 4xSRM-4(3t), ECM, 280STD, 1xJJ. Use the PPC to poke (+40% velocity quirk), then the SRMs once in range for brawling. It's a little light on ammo, and very trying-to-do-everything, but I feel like it might have potential.

Hrm. I really hope the Archer quirks come through. That ECM Hero is just so tasty looking, it almost makes me get out my wallet. I know it's getting hit repeatedly with nerf bats, but until they stick a fork in it, ECM is still good, so for maximum bubblage I'm thinking some combination of Griffins and Archers.
    Just from the outside looking in that doesn't look very good to me. 1 ERPPC is a trivial amount of poke and opens you up to losing trades very badly against Clan counterpoke and 3xSRM4 by itself is 'okay' in terms of close range punch but very ammo limited and hard to use at midrange or in certain types of fights. You have basically no options at around 400m, as well, either close and/oror die or get in cover and run away to poke again.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Also, does anyone know if the GRF-2N has made it into the game for C-bills yet? Smurfy seems to think it is, and I'm still thinking I want one for a drop deck. Or maybe I break down and get Archers with the Hero for a non-light ECM, but I really want to see the Quirks before I jump on that bandwagon.

Baller. Definitely gotta pick up a few of those now. I'm kind of digging an idea like this for CW: GRF-2N: ERPPC, 4xSRM-4(3t), ECM, 280STD, 1xJJ. Use the PPC to poke (+40% velocity quirk), then the SRMs once in range for brawling. It's a little light on ammo, and very trying-to-do-everything, but I feel like it might have potential.

Hrm. I really hope the Archer quirks come through. That ECM Hero is just so tasty looking, it almost makes me get out my wallet. I know it's getting hit repeatedly with nerf bats, but until they stick a fork in it, ECM is still good, so for maximum bubblage I'm thinking some combination of Griffins and Archers.

@Nips GRF-2N 4xSRM6 2xMlas 1xECM 1xJJ 300XL Endo DHS

Because I was given the Archer pack, and bought the hero upgrade, I fully expect the Archer to have the worst quirks IS has ever seen, because lolpgi and the general fuck IS attitude.

Buttcleft on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

@Nips GRF-2N 4xSRM6 2xMlas 1xECM 1xJJ 300XL Endo DHS

Because I was given the Archer pack, and bought the hero upgrade, I fully expect the Archer to have the worst quirks IS has ever seen, because lolpgi and the general fuck IS attitude.
    Alternatively, as a lulzier option: GRF-2N - 4xSSRM2, 2xLPL, ECM, 1xJJ, 280XL

Midline light hunter. If any Cheater is dumb enough to dive your backline, you kill it real quick.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    @Nips the Arrow is a fun mech with the 3 LPL poke. Even 3 LL works on it.

kx3klFE.png

The Arrow is the wubbiest wubber to ever wub, with 3LPLs and good speed and jumpjets

Abutt

The Arrow is the wubbiest wubber to ever wub, with 3LPLs and good speed and jumpjets

How's the heat management? Trips Wubs runs hot, if I recall.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Abutt

Yep, it runs hotter and is less survivable than the 3 LL option.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Why do so many maps have to be obscenely hot? And who would want to own these planets, anyway?

You know what, Jade Falcon? If you really want to own this plant with surface temperatures averaging 462°C, a surface pressure of 92 bar, a gravity of 0.9, and a sulfuric acid atmosphere, go for it. You can have it.
    I just described Venus.

Heffling wrote: »
    Why do so many maps have to be obscenely hot? And who would want to own these planets, anyway?

You know what, Jade Falcon? If you really want to own this plant with surface temperatures averaging 462°C, a surface pressure of 92 bar, a gravity of 0.9, and a sulfuric acid atmosphere, go for it. You can have it.
    I just described Venus.

The problem with this specific instance is that planet is awfully close to Terra, and everyone wants the prime real estate near The Cradle Of Humanity. Even the slummiest nearby planets have inflated property values!

I just described Venus.

The problem with this specific instance is that planet is awfully close to Terra, and everyone wants the prime real estate near The Cradle Of Humanity. Even the slummiest nearby planets have inflated property values!

More reason to nerf Clans; driving up property values till the IS can no longer afford to live.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Abutt

Yep, it runs hotter and is less survivable than the 3 LL option.

I would describe the 3xLPL Arrow as warm, not hot.

I mean, sure, its possible to over heat if you go up against several mechs in a brawl with your fire button mashed, but.. That's not a situation you want to be in anyway. You are a 45ton mech, you are most dangerous as a satellite or flanker/backstabber.

So does PGI do any kind of tonnage balancing for Clan vs IS in CW?

edited December 2015

Currently, Clans get 240t drop decks, and IS gets 250t decks. It's up to each player to use their tonnage, so there's no guarantee the IS side is strictly out-weighting the Clan side.

Otherwise, nope.

Nips on
    LL and LPL generate the same amount of heat. its really not bad. And with the requirks, this thing should be a terror at 400m. 33pt alpha poptart all day.

JqMmLz0.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So tier 2 doesnt seem much different then 3 . I still have to be super aggressive to balance out the people doing nothing and try my best to carry just like 3 .

edit- Also im getting nothing but air strikes. Annoyed.

EspantaPajaro on

Currently, Clans get 240t drop decks, and IS gets 250t decks. It's up to each player to use their tonnage, so there's no guarantee the IS side is strictly out-weighting the Clan side.

Otherwise, nope.

Technically, Clans get 250t and IS gets 265t now.

The reason I say the LPL is hotter than the LL, is because all the extra weight requires you to go XL and you still have less heat sinks.

steam_sig.png
    So tier 2 doesnt seem much different then 3 . I still have to be super aggressive to balance out the people doing nothing and try my best to carry just like 3 .

edit- Also im getting nothing but air strikes. Annoyed.

The only difference between Tier 2 & 3, is that in Tier 2, you can no longer be matched with Tier 5.

steam_sig.png
    first time running it in ages. gets 4 alphas off before needing to back off. its a good mech.

Ecj2bmD.jpg

kx3klFE.png

Otherwise, nope.

Technically, Clans get 250t and IS gets 265t now.

The reason I say the LPL is hotter than the LL, is because all the extra weight requires you to go XL and you still have less heat sinks.

God, I'm out of touch. Wonder when I can squeak in some robbit time this week.

Otherwise, nope.

160-265 for IS, but really, that seems to be a big issue with balancing. Back in the original days of the Clans, games would be based around the IS getting a 50% tonnage advantage.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I'm just late to the party.

Otherwise, nope.

160-265 for IS, but really, that seems to be a big issue with balancing. Back in the original days of the Clans, games would be based around the IS getting a 50% tonnage advantage.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I'm just late to the party.

Well, we can't make the game fair for IS.

the clans would get most perturbed.

• nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    So I made this thing over the weekend: MAD-5D: XL 350, 19 DHS, 1 JJ, 5 Large Lasers

Its not as hot as you'd think (alpha for 70% heat) with the 10% heat quirk, and is actually fast which is nice for a change of pace. Damage is meh (lol IS) with only a 45 point alpha, but with a cooldown module you can keep up a pretty serious stream of fire. Staggering your shots lets you do about 3 and a half rounds of fire even on hot maps like Vitric. I can't tell if I like it more than the LRMs. No matter what it just feels bad. If it just had a second energy hardpoint in that right torso I think it'd be pretty good. You could do 6 MPL 2 SRM6+A, or 2 PPCs 4 MLs. I really hate LRMs and it just isn't tanky enough for how little DPS it puts out with SRMs.

Nonoffensive's final word on the 5D: Fuck

edited December 2015
    I really dont like the idea of an XL engine on a mad. Seems like it would giving up the mads extreme tankyness which is its strongest point.

EspantaPajaro on
    So I made this thing over the weekend: MAD-5D: XL 350, 19 DHS, 1 JJ, 5 Large Lasers

Its not as hot as you'd think (alpha for 70% heat) with the 10% heat quirk, and is actually fast which is nice for a change of pace. Damage is meh (lol IS) with only a 45 point alpha, but with a cooldown module you can keep up a pretty serious stream of fire. Staggering your shots lets you do about 3 and a half rounds of fire even on hot maps like Vitric. I can't tell if I like it more than the LRMs. No matter what it just feels bad. If it just had a second energy hardpoint in that right torso I think it'd be pretty good. You could do 6 MPL 2 SRM6+A, or 2 PPCs 4 MLs. I really hate LRMs and it just isn't tanky enough for how little DPS it puts out with SRMs.

Nonoffensive's final word on the 5D: Fuck

Just because I wanted to one up you cause I'm a total dick.

GHR-5H 6xLL Endo DHS 2xJJ 300XL

I really dont like the idea of an XL engine on a mad. Seems like it would giving up the mads extreme tankyness which is its strongest point.

I dunno, didn't seem too bad. I lost all my armor before losing a side torso. Your front profile is so small, most people aim CT while you are aiming at them. I'm thinking I'll probably just trade out the lasers for ER Larges and save this thing for Boreal and Emerald Taiga.

Haaaaah, no, sorry I lied. I'm going to start running my Battlemasters again with two Blackjacks. I might run Jagermechs too, for awhile, just because I miss real dakka. Not the pretend dakka of the Marauder that looks like real dakka but tastes like lite beer.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

I dunno, didn't seem too bad. I lost all my armor before losing a side torso. Your front profile is so small, most people aim CT while you are aiming at them. I'm thinking I'll probably just trade out the lasers for ER Larges and save this thing for Boreal and Emerald Taiga.

Haaaaah, no, sorry I lied. I'm going to start running my Battlemasters again with two Blackjacks. I might run Jagermechs too, for awhile, just because I miss real dakka. Not the pretend dakka of the Marauder that looks like real dakka but tastes like lite beer.

Heh...I've had the opposite consistently happen to me. People always aim at and blow off my RT before realizing that no, I, in fact, am not running my Marauder with an XL engine. And now, just to spite you, here's a quadlaser (mediums) to your face.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    bought a jester with all my freebie MC, it seems alright (it's fun to put weird color combinations on it)

had the most success so far with 4xLL, trying to decide if it's worth making a couple of them ERs. Maybe for CW.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    bought a jester with all my freebie MC, it seems alright (it's fun to put weird color combinations on it)

had the most success so far with 4xLL, trying to decide if it's worth making a couple of them ERs. Maybe for CW.

freebie MC? wut?

fuck gendered marketing
    The events has a chance to give you mc every draw. Most of the time it just gives you air strikes.

Erlkönig wrote: »

Heh...I've had the opposite consistently happen to me. People always aim at and blow off my RT before realizing that no, I, in fact, am not running my Marauder with an XL engine. And now, just to spite you, here's a quadlaser (mediums) to your face.

When I encounter a cheeky guy like that, I just torso twist away from the side he wants to hit. Sometimes they'll just stand there waiting for you to expose yourself again. Sure you aren't doing damage any damage yourself, but you're already in a Marauder so small loss...

The events has a chance to give you mc every draw. Most of the time it just gives you air strikes.

events? draw? I haven't had any of this happen

fuck gendered marketing
    Elldren wrote: »

go to http://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201512stocking and log in

As it requires spending money or winning faction matches, I feel like that caps my possible draws to 75.

Awesome! thanks!

I got an elf! going into my cockpit

Also: what is faction play?

fuck gendered marketing

Awesome! thanks!

Community Warfare.

Where you go when you want to see just how obscenely unbalanced the game is in favor of the clans.

• TiglissTigliss Registered User regular

Awesome! thanks!

Community Warfare.

Where you go when you want to see just how obscenely unbalanced the game is in favor of the clans.

That's not what they say, after a 48 to 18 stomping... Teamwork is OP, nerf plz. :winky:

(and got another CN9-AH due to it)

l7n41RV.png