As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

19495969798100»

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So, I've played a bit of U18, did the quest and my impressions after the day's activities are as follows:

How to fight Sentients:
    Don't.

They get resistance to IPS too? I thought "let's use swords/kinectics" because they adapt to our higher tech stuff was the like the whole ninja thing? Chipping them down slowly just makes me sad and bored. Red Crits for less than 1000 damage are an abomination.

Everything else was cool. Except for one thing
    You can't put noggles in your room. :(

Seems the DR is based on number of hits, and will eventually expire. So, don't use high-ROF or beam weapons. Like my Soma Prime, or my Amprex, otherwise known as "those guns I put all the forma into". :| Also, the bastards start at like 250 Ferrite, 1300HP, compared to a Heavy Gunner's 300 Flesh, 500 Ferrite.

So, "This looks like a job for... OPTICOR." Always wondered what it'd look like with forma in.

• DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Sentient talk:
    Sentients really should be vulnerable to melee and Focus powers. They do never adapt to Exalted Blade, though at this point I don't know if that's intentional or not.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So, I've played a bit of U18, did the quest and my impressions after the day's activities are as follows:

How to fight Sentients:
    Don't.

They get resistance to IPS too? I thought "let's use swords/kinectics" because they adapt to our higher tech stuff was the like the whole ninja thing? Chipping them down slowly just makes me sad and bored. Red Crits for less than 1000 damage are an abomination.

Everything else was cool. Except for one thing
    You can't put noggles in your room. :(

Seems the DR is based on number of hits, and will eventually expire. So, don't use high-ROF or beam weapons. Like my Soma Prime, or my Amprex, otherwise known as "those guns I put all the forma into". :| Also, the bastards start at like 250 Ferrite, 1300HP, compared to a Heavy Gunner's 300 Flesh, 500 Ferrite.

So, "This looks like a job for... OPTICOR." Always wondered what it'd look like with forma in.

I was using dread.

I think Carrier shotgun spamming may have contributed to its DR though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    My Hek and any melee weapon is all I need to take down sentients quickly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hello chums

Just installed Warframe on Xbone on a whim yesterday morning and have done nothing useful with my life ever since

I see PS4 and PC clan info -- whom do I contact for an XB1 invite?

XBL username is pylonsound.

edited December 2015
    desc wrote: »
    Hello chums

Just installed Warframe on Xbone on a whim yesterday morning and have done nothing useful with my life ever since

Gimme a minute. The clan is a drunken vanity project of mine, because I really just wanted labs and research access, so it's pretty quiet, but I'll toss you an invite in a few here. (There's only 4-5 of us total on Xbox, so not a real "PA" thing.)

Edit: Sent.

dporowski on
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Hello chums

rip desc

u could have been the chosen one but...xbone....

Orphane wrote: »
    Hello chums

rip desc

I chose Xbox generations ago and have rolled with it ever since

Bury me with my Doritos and Dew

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well, that's actually enough Xbone clan members to form a full squad now. Shiny. tastydonunt, dporowski, and myself will do our best to hook you up with the mods you'll need.

• KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Hello chums

rip desc

We'll continue to look at you with a mixture of snobbish disdain and barely concealed pity.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Hello chums

rip desc

We'll continue to look at you with a mixture of snobbish disdain and barely concealed pity.
    We'll continue to spend less money and have a wider selection of games than you

edited December 2015
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hello chums

rip desc

Hay guyz, Let's not platform warz it up here. Please. <3<3<3

tastydonuts on
    Hello chums

rip desc

Hay guyz, Let's not platform warz it up here. Please. <3<3<3

But cB557 is being wrong on the internet again! I can't afford not to belittle him and show him how and why he's wrong! And also to call him a poopface and make insinuations about his mother

JtgVX0H.png
    I finally got the Ivara helmet. So now I just need 12 hours worth of Nitain alerts and I can build her completely!

@desc alright there's several really good mods I didn't have spares of, but I definitely can spare the bread an butter mods you'll need.
    These are the absolutely critical to have ones, I was hoping you could tell me which ones you already have:
    rifle: Serration, Split Chamber
    pistol: Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion
    Warframe: Redirection, Streamline

Here are some less immediately necessary ones that you're still gonna want to have down the road:
    rifle: shred, malignant force, wildfire, cryo rounds, hellfire, infected clip, stormbringer, vital sense
    pistol: ice storm, convulsion, heated charge, pathogen rounds, deep freeze
    warframe: constitution, flow, fast deflection, stretch

(These are leaving out the ones I don't have spares of, btw. Sorry about those)

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Sweet criminy this man has too much time on his hands.
    GhDXi61.jpg

@desc alright there's several really good mods I didn't have spares of, but I definitely can spare the bread an butter mods you'll need.
    These are the absolutely critical to have ones, I was hoping you could tell me which ones you already have:

Here are some less immediately necessary ones that you're still gonna want to have down the road:
    rifle: shred, malignant force, wildfire, cryo rounds, hellfire, infected clip, stormbringer, vital sense

Ceeb

It's easier to answer here than in game

I have:

Rifle: serration, hellfire
    Pistol: hornet strike, convulsion, heater charge
    Warframe: redirection, fast deflection

@cB557

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Ceeb

I have:

@cB557

are they damaged or regular ones?

Ceeb

I have:

cB557

are they damaged or regular ones?

I believe those are all regular. I think I have fed almost all of my damaged mods into non-damaged ones.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Sweet criminy this man has too much time on his hands.
    GhDXi61.jpg

seriously

who ranks up hawk eye

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    new thread, for page 100 and U18 on consoles?

Yay, Ivara will be completed in less than 72 hours. I had to use the app so I'd be on for the alertiums but it is done. Atlas... I have not started yet. Got to review my archwing stuff as far as weapons to see if I can take the boss out. How tough is the new Golem?

I also need to start working on Equinox, and get Hydroid's systems out of the way. Ash Prime would then be the only frame I'd have to farm before I've caught them all...

Also, @Dporowski, I totally rolled Shadow Stalker with my Soma Prime. Not really sure what happened. He just ate it all w/o DRing it down to nothingness. Didn't drop anything good though. Does Shadow Stalker still drop Despair?

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @desc

You may want to keep a few of the damaged mods handy for when you pick up new weapons and frames. They are really useful when you don't have a lot of points to throw around.

Yay, Ivara will be completed in less than 72 hours. I had to use the app so I'd be on for the alertiums but it is done. Atlas... I have not started yet. Got to review my archwing stuff as far as weapons to see if I can take the boss out. How tough is the new Golem?

I also need to start working on Equinox, and get Hydroid's systems out of the way. Ash Prime would then be the only frame I'd have to farm before I've caught them all...

Also, @Dporowski, I totally rolled Shadow Stalker with my Soma Prime. Not really sure what happened. He just ate it all w/o DRing it down to nothingness. Didn't drop anything good though. Does Shadow Stalker still drop Despair?

Dunno, I killed him once in the mission, and that's it. Probably 50% of his HP was Soma, half was Marelok.

edited December 2015

Also, "Dporowski", I totally rolled Shadow Stalker with my Soma Prime. Not really sure what happened. He just ate it all w/o DRing it down to nothingness. Didn't drop anything good though. Does Shadow Stalker still drop Despair?

Dunno, I killed him once in the mission, and that's it. Probably 50% of his HP was Soma, half was Marelok.

I don't know, I've fought him twice in the wild. The other time I fought him was with a Dread and he got it down to like 100 damage full charge pulls somehow. The difference was I didn't have Sweeper spamming shotguns on him. so I think that may have been it.

tastydonuts on
    @Darkewolfe - I got a Frost Prime BP yesterday. Didn't you say you were looking for those?

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was looking for rhino most immediately, though I hoped to farm frost.

I had a family emergency and death take me offline for a couple weeks, though, and it's not all over, so at this point I have no immediate plans.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I had a family emergency and death take me offline for a couple weeks, though, and it's not all over, so at this point I have no immediate plans.

Oh. Sorry to hear that... I'll put it (and if I get any Rhino stuff) to the side for you. :\

Also, "Dporowski", I totally rolled Shadow Stalker with my Soma Prime. Not really sure what happened. He just ate it all w/o DRing it down to nothingness. Didn't drop anything good though. Does Shadow Stalker still drop Despair?

I don't know, I've fought him twice in the wild. The other time I fought him was with a Dread and he got it down to like 100 damage full charge pulls somehow. The difference was I didn't have Sweeper spamming shotguns on him. so I think that may have been it.

Ah yeah, probably. I know my Carrier is... "Enthusiastic" with that shotgun.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Oh. Sorry to hear that... I'll put it (and if I get any Rhino stuff) to the side for you. :\

Well, don't hold the frost for me if you can turn it into cash money. I'm taking a bit of a break currently and I bet the Frost parts actually have real value.

What is this I don't even.
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Just a heads up, there's a Nightmare alert on PC right now for Vigor. +120% to health and shields when maxed out.

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Getting close to rep cap on Steel Meridian and there's nothing I particularly need. Anybody want to trade Vaykor Marelok (or syndicate mods, I guess) for Synoid Gammacor or Rakta Ballistica? Or.. I don't know, just needs the weapon? :p

Ew, was going to finally max Serration or Hornet Strike. Nnope, the last ranks are so damn expensive. Got my Hornet Strike from 7 to 9, which is kind of big. Happily all my configurations had that 1 point spare. Couldn't even raise Serration from 8 to 9 because nearly all my rifles are at precisely 0 points unspent :P

Back to farming Hieracon I guess. I'd like to max things like Heavy Caliber and Primed Point Blank some day. Maybe.

Keemossi on
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So is the latron stock alert just bugged out? did it twice and nothing dropped, still have the alert too.

Also, anyone working on a new thread soon?

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    Also, anyone working on a new thread soon?

I'm happy to let someone else take over, since I haven't played this all that much recently. Been waiting for someone to take the initiative ;)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    edited December 2015
    New thread right here! Message sent for this thread to be locked.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.