As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Order 1886: Cinematic dick flopping simulator

12345679»

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    More on the old man. Perhaps the most interesting man.
    It may have been an attempt to imply he is neither dead nor alive, as in is a vampire? Wasn't there some speculation that blackwater turns you into a vampire?

... wait. No freaking way. They key ingredient in blackwater is blood. How didn't I see this? Perhaps the Order is actually a bunch of halfbreeds trying to stop their more violent cousins, and therefore they only consume their own blood in the blackwater? Perhaps that helps them retain control over it, to the point where most don't realize it?

Yeah... RAD sure has set up one crazy story here. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    And hoping that Galahad basically becomes Galahad Van Helsing, the Dark Knight.

Funny thing.
    Probably just a standard video game thing, but there's a large mirror in the first level that you have no reflection in...

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    More on the old man. Perhaps the most interesting man.
    It may have been an attempt to imply he is neither dead nor alive, as in is a vampire? Wasn't there some speculation that blackwater turns you into a vampire?

... wait. No freaking way. They key ingredient in blackwater is blood. How didn't I see this? Perhaps the Order is actually a bunch of halfbreeds trying to stop their more violent cousins, and therefore they only consume their own blood in the blackwater? Perhaps that helps them retain control over it, to the point where most don't realize it?

Yeah... RAD sure has set up one crazy story here. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    And hoping that Galahad basically becomes Galahad Van Helsing, the Dark Knight.

Funny thing.
    Probably just a standard video game thing, but there's a large mirror in the first level that you have no reflection in...

Yup, I caught that
    They said its for technical reasons. But it still reflects your lantern's light. I'm saying, why make the mirrors reflect such specific points of light, and the environment, and some how its not possible to reflect your character. May be it is for technical reasons... or 'technical' reasons since technically we're not supposed to find out that the knights are vampires (half vampires?) just yet.

All this speculation makes me feel crazy. But in a good way.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Marquette essentially disproves this theory though, because he was just a normal guy during the first part of the game. He was not a knight during the first 3-4 chapters. It wasn't until the conclusion of the Agamemnon section that he was initiated into the order.

The ritual of bringing him into the Order did not seem vampire-y at all. They had a small well of pure Grail-water, and they dipped his micro-canteen into that. Then he cut his hand and bled into the water to create the blackwater mix.

None of that seems in any way half-breedish or vampire-y.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Marquette essentially disproves this theory though, because he was just a normal guy during the first part of the game. He was not a knight during the first 3-4 chapters. It wasn't until the conclusion of the Agamemnon section that he was initiated into the order.

The ritual of bringing him into the Order did not seem vampire-y at all. They had a small well of pure Grail-water, and they dipped his micro-canteen into that. Then he cut his hand and bled into the water to create the blackwater mix.

None of that seems in any way half-breedish or vampire-y.

True, except
    He served in both the American Revolutionary War and the French Revolution, but looks barely 35 in 1886. There's no way they made that as a mistake. At this point I'm wondering if they didn't already invest a bunch of time into the story across several games.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I believe you get to drink from the grail/grail water when you join The Order. You don't get your blackwater until you become a knight. I think that's why Lafayette looks pretty young still.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Finally grabbed my own copy of this. £9 on eBay. That'll work. ;P

Man the intro prison scene is bad. Gears opened in a Prison scene too, you got to the regular gameplay in about 20 seconds. >:I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I started this game yesterday and finished it today... And yet I'm not too upset by it. Was there word of a sequel or something? I'm really digging the story.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure it was confirmed that work on the sequel began shortly after 1886 launched. I hope that's still happening, because The Order was a pretty good game, and the story is very interesting.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.